GIGABYTE Responds to the Intel 6 Series Chipset Issue

My email from NEWEGG (I know not everybody got one there) says to RAM now for refund, or wait until replacement board is in stock and they will contact me and I will get replacement then. Seems win win for me, other than it was defective to start with.. I can quit my build now, get my money back, or build it, and RMA it when a new one will be sent and be down a couple days.

1. GIGABYTE have stopped shipping out and selling all Intel 6 series B2 stepping based motherboards.

2. All the Intel 6
series B2 stepping based motherboards stocks are retrieve for all disti, and dealers.

3. Any sold Intel 6
series B2 stepping based motherboards are accept retrieve in all conditions based on B2 stepping problem.

4. The Intel new 6
series B3 stepping chipset supply schedule will be in April. GIGABYTE will corporate with Intel exact production schedule, to provide the B3 stepping products to our customer.

5. The actual cost for retrieving Intel 6
series B2 stepping, all dealers and disti must to keep the receipts indicate the descriptions for further claim approval and internal check.

6. GIGABYTE will be using brand-new motherboard based on Intel 6
series B3 stepping to produce new 6 series motherboards.

Stay in school kids. ;)

As of today, we have suspended the entire 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards shipments. According to Intel’s production schedule, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on this shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models with the new B3 stepping.

So as I thought, April is the chipset volume shipping month, not the board volume shipping month.

So in a worst case end of April volume shippiing date, we are looking at mid to late May before boards will be available in volume...

Updated press release is much much easier to read without your head exploding.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like how they lead off though...

" As the No.1 motherboard manufacturer, "

LOL nice catch! I missed that.

Gigabyte, are you really no. 1 motherboard manufacturer??

[Gigabyte reply] Yes, we rearry are.
Posted via Mobile Device

How many of us here speak/write fluent taiwanese or chinese give them a break :D, at least they are trying to inform customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

guess they found their engrish decoder ring.
Posted via Mobile Device

"You say you prefer murder mysteries? That's nice, but I much rather read a well written, grammatically correct motherboard manual. The suspense as I turn the pages, not know what new features are present."

... do you people actually sit around and actually read the manuals or something? You sound like some 3rd grade English teacher that gets her panties in a bind every time the student misses an apostrophe.

How many of us here speak/write fluent taiwanese or chinese give them a break :D, at least they are trying to inform customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

BS. Take a gander at the Asus P4T mobo manual. I've seen smaller telephone directories, beyond which, it reads like it was written by the MIT EE dept.

http://www.barretcomputers.com/downloads/manuals/asus/p4t-107.pdf

No Chingrish, there.

Good grief, how expensive can it be to hire someone competent in both Chinese or Taiwanese & English? Hello-my-name-is-Mujibar-but-you-can-call-me-Dave in the Calcutta call center could probably do a better job than that.

Hi guys. I read gigabyte's announcements but are they saying they will RMA boards themselves through shipping?? I'm thinking of ordering from some amazon merchant but gigabyte is saying to bring the board to the physical locations?

I have a UD4 and contaced both Gigabyte and Newegg...basically I can hang on to the board as long as I want and return it when the new revision boards are out. No questions asked. Newegg is to handle the entire return process, they said they will notify me when they have the new boards and will pay for the shipping to return the board back to them at that time.

Sounds pretty easy to me.....I am sticking with the board until replacements come out.

Read again, blaze, and you can't order from any merchant until probably April anyway.

Back