Radeon RX 6800 GPU: now $440 at Newegg

Nice midrange card. Shipping was actually about $11, not the $15 they list, and it's 2-day UPS.
Plan to try MorePowerTools tweaker on it and see what it can do. Hopefully XT level performance.

Edit: shipping is for me to Maine, YMMV

Last edited:
Nice midrange card. Shipping was actually about $11, not the $15 they list, and it's 2-day UPS.
Plan to try MorePowerTools tweaker on it and see what it can do. Hopefully XT level performance.

Edit: shipping is for me to Maine, YMMV

shipping for me was 9 bucks. it's close to XT at 1080p but falls on it's face above 1440p even when overclocked but still way better than the 3070ti across the board which costs 100+ dollars more if you don't care about RT. i have the powercolor RX6800 fighter which was 490 about 2 months ago, just got this one for another system.

they'll have another model up for sale next week probably.. they've been cycling between the asrock phantom, gigabyte, powercolor fighter, and msi gaming model every other week or so since January.
Yup, if not the 6800, maybe the 6700xt for $100 less, or 6800xt for $80 more, or ... even though it would be nicer to just see this as "the price" for these old gen cards, it still is nice to see them get cycled around and lowered in price unlike a certain green team that hasn't been doing squat for lowering prices on old stock.

If the 6800 drops to $400, then I would rather buy that than wait for $350 8gb 7600xt says MLID.

Makes lots of sense to me.

Yup, if not the 6800, maybe the 6700xt for $100 less, or 6800xt for $80 more, or ... even though it would be nicer to just see this as "the price" for these old gen cards, it still is nice to see them get cycled around and lowered in price unlike a certain green team that hasn't been doing squat for lowering prices on old stock.

yeah the others see sales as well but the 6800 never got the fan fair it deserved so retailers and AIB's have tons of them. i bought my friends kid an asrock challanger 6700XT for 392 after taxes back in november which at the time was a steal. nvidia not dropping prices is dumb and has finally forced me to give up ever buying their shit again. now have AMD cards in every system i maintain. raytracing isn't worth a 200+ dollar tax on their products.

Not a bad deal! Good midrange card, definitely better price/performance than any of Nvidia’s offerings right now.

Not a bad deal i today's market, I still think midrange cards should never top $350 though.

Gigabyte back up at $465
with

$20 off w/ promo code VGAEXCGBET334​

and TLOU game code

It did bounce back up to $609 until dropping back down again... stock must have dropped, so they were hoping for a few suckers at that price point

I like the card, it's paired with a 3700x. One of the shorter 6800 models so it fits in my older case that was never designed for the monster size cards of today.

I'll bet there are lots of these available as said above.

I like the card, it's paired with a 3700x. One of the shorter 6800 models so it fits in my older case that was never designed for the monster size cards of today.

I'll bet there are lots of these available as said above.
yeah i was not expecting it to be so short.. it looks like a toy next to my powercolor fighter RX6800.

I did end up getting one of these (even though I have an XFX 6750 XT .. i know.. i know).

Definitely a slight increase in performance.. but.. slightly less power draw... AND much lower temperatures believe it or not...
6750 XT is now residing as backup in the closet, in case of another crypto boom :ROFLMAO:

Back