GIGABYTE P35-DS3R Fan connector problem

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
I have a Tuniq Tower mounted on a c2d e6750. The fan connector for the heatisnk is a 3pin connector but the CPU fan connector on the motherboard is 4 pins. So I plugged the 3pin into the 4pin and it fits, and my computer boots up but the CPU fan does not start. So right now I have it plugged into a 3pin PSU fan connector on my motherboard and the fan starts off fine. Anyone have any knowledge on this phenomenon? Thank you your time.

I also want to mention my friend also has the same exact build and he also has this problem. We also updated to latest BIOS Also, the CPU fan has a separate wire for fan speed control (not sure if that's relevant).

I have the DS3P (similar) model. After looking through the manual it shows a four-pin connector for the CPU fan. There are still parts in the mail that need to be installed before this thing is powered on for the first time, but I'll let you know how it goes trying to get the CPU fan to work.

Sounds like it is a temperature control issue. I bet if you go into your bios and just have the fan spinning at full speed all the time it will start right up. Also, even if you don't adjust it, when the CPU heats up the fan should start spinning.

Yep, it was the SmartFan setting in the BIOS, I disabled it and it works fine now. Thanks.

Back