Gigabyte or Galaxy GTX 680? Which is better?

jmk396

Gawd
Which is the better reference card, or company:

Gigabyte GTX 680
or
Galaxy GTX 680

The Gigabyte one is $10.00 more but I've heard of them more than Galaxy.

However, neither offer Advanced RMA or anything like that it seems...

Both are excellent but Galaxy has a rep that checks in here and they give a ton of cool shit away to us on the forum for all kinds of occasions so thats the company Id rather go with.

They're identical since Nvidia has been producing all the reference cards.

Send them both an email and see who responds first.

I had a gripe about an aspect of Galaxy's registration policy and received a pm from one of their reps here. Thats pretty cool if you ask me. Oh, also when I registered the card I got a phone call thanking me and asking if everything was going well. I was impressed.

Alright... I'll take a chance on Galaxy.

Thanks for the advice everybody :)

Yes I'm impressed with Galaxy's [H] forum rep also. Great customer service!

Gigabyte has serial number warranty, which is good for reesale, not sure about Galaxy.

I got lucky and landed a Galaxy card today. I heard about Galaxy's customer service is really good. Don't know much about Gigabyte

I am very happy with my Galaxy and their customer service. The rep here is awesome. The only thing that sucked was the warranty registration, it went smoothly but was awkward...and they are working on it. They rock overall.

I am very happy with my Galaxy and their customer service. The rep here is awesome. The only thing that sucked was the warranty registration, it went smoothly but was awkward...and they are working on it. They rock overall.

Thanks for the compliments. The updates should all be sorted out very soon. We got a lot of feedback on the registration process from talking with customers, and once these changes are in place everything should be much easier. We had originally planned to get these registration system upgrades in place a while back, but we instead opted to go ahead and update the entire support system and really go to town on optimizations and feature additions.

Everyone's input was very helpful, and I think you guys will be pleased with the changes once everything's done.

One more vote for Galaxy. My experience with them have been very smooth and our local rep here is extremely swift at taking care of things.

Well, I've received my Galaxy GTX 680 and it seems to be working fine but I can't overclock it using PrecisionX or Afterburner (the Power Target is grayed out).

I've tried different drivers, re-installing Windows, etc, and nothing worked so I'm wondering if my card is somehow weirdly defective?

I've sent the Galaxy rep a PM as well...

Disappointed to have this problem from the get-go but what can you do!

precisionx.png

shoot why worry about overlclocking the fastest card on the market? I mean what game/monitor res are you running that needs that extra boost?

shoot why worry about overlclocking the fastest card on the market? I mean what game/monitor res are you running that needs that extra boost?
um I am sure he wants everything to work properly and would like to get full use out of his card after spending his money.

Well, I've received my Galaxy GTX 680 and it seems to be working fine but I can't overclock it using PrecisionX or Afterburner (the Power Target is grayed out).

I've tried different drivers, re-installing Windows, etc, and nothing worked so I'm wondering if my card is somehow weirdly defective?

I've sent the Galaxy rep a PM as well...

Disappointed to have this problem from the get-go but what can you do!

precisionx.png

Odd, let us know how it turns out!

Can you check if the top of the pci-e pins say Nvidia? It could be a non reference PCB that disabled OC.

My Galaxy card (68NPH6DV5ZGX) worked fine with both MSI AB and PrecX -- it was the "stock" model though. Which Galaxy model exactly?

Back