GIGABYTE nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card for $131 shipped

Agreed. If they had an AGP version for the same price I would be all over it!

What is the warranty on refurbished products with the manufacturer? I know Newegg is only 15 days.

I had a refurb motherboard from Newegg go bad after about 6-8 months about a year ago. It was a Gigabyte motherboard and Gigabyte RMA'ed it no problem. I'm not sure on other manufacturers though. They should have the full warranty hopefully. :confused:

Roberty said:
I had a refurb motherboard from Newegg go bad after about 6-8 months about a year ago. It was a Gigabyte motherboard and Gigabyte RMA'ed it no problem. I'm not sure on other manufacturers though. They should have the full warranty hopefully. :confused:

You're lucky. Gigabyte told me to go pound sand when my $200 GA-8KNXP Limited Edition died last year. They sure made a repeat customer out of me. NOT!

fore1337 said:
You're lucky. Gigabyte told me to go pound sand when my $200 GA-8KNXP Limited Edition died last year. They sure made a repeat customer out of me. NOT!

I do believe I would have raised hell with them on that if you were the original owner. I believe they would have to have honored their warranty unless the death of the motherboard was caused like something like a lightning strike or a power supply burned up and took the motherboard out with it or something like that. I'd try it again if I were you.

Roberty said:
I do believe I would have raised hell with them on that if you were the original owner. I believe they would have to have honored their warranty unless the death of the motherboard was caused like something like a lightning strike or a power supply burned up and took the motherboard out with it or something like that. I'd try it again if I were you.

Well my BIOS burned up on me. It turns out they had a shitty BIOS released that was frying up the bios chips... The Dual BIOS gimmick didn't help me out one bit. *sigh*

The worst part was loosing the GigaRAID array I had on it. 4x 120Gb hdds full of junk.

I replaced it with a DFI Lanparty875B. Great board. the Gigabyte thing is ancient history for me now.

Well, cruising the refurb'd video cards, they have:

Asus 6800gt 256MB PCI-e for $306.60 shipped:

6800gt pci-e

And what the hell? A GF3 Ti-500? For $258 ?
Who let them return this one?

Man some of their refurbs need some work. They're selling 2 year old cards at $10 below full retail prices....

Wow. That's about half price on those ASUS cards. If I didn't have a x800xl on the way for $272 I'd jump on that.

Heck, for that price getting 2 and using SLI is almost affordable in PCIE.

Never, I repeat NEVER buy refurbed MB's or video cards from newegg.
Especially not vid cards.

The testing procedure includes booting to a desktop. Thats it. That tells you nothing about if the card has a problem that only surfaces under a full load. (IE intense games)

I've bought at least half a dozen motherboards and video cards from Newegg's refurbished bin and I have YET to get a bad one.

In the same time I've bought half a dozen NEW boards and 1 was bad.

The way I see it, you have the same odds of getting a bad board from the refurb bin that you do from the new pile.

Last two refurb buys - both would post, but one had issues with the ram slot, the other would flake out when it was under load. Cost of shipping back and forth ate up any savings... Won't do that again.

I bought this when it was $137 a couple weeks ago.

This card is pretty kickass, checkout my clocks below.

And I ordered the refurb but got a box with everything in it, including the HTPC component video breakout box, hella deal. It shipped same day as well.

Newegg once again kicks ass and takes names.

Goddamn, that was a hot price.

Although, newegg refurbs are definitely buyer-beware... I bought two completely different refurbished video cards from them, both of which turned out to be useless for gaming - VPU recovers all around.

Bullitt said:

6800gt pci-e

Man some of their refurbs need some work. They're selling 2 year old cards at $10 below full retail prices....

Haha...here's the description of the GF3 Ti-500:

"Enter the world of total game dominance. Dominate your game. Don’t assume to have the best in visual splendor and realism be absolutely sure. With the 3D Prophet III Titanium 500 you can enter the gaming arena knowing that the latest in 3D graphics technology is surging through your system. Power your PC with the Prophet and be one with the game."

the ti-500 isn't that bad of a card :) you might be able to do 10000 in 3dmark 2001... but for that price o_O

That's just a regular 6800 and not the GT, btw.

Bullitt said:

6800gt pci-e

I just wanted to post it shows as $130 again at newegg if you haven't check it recently. So if did go up it has gone back down, at least for now.

Has anyone installed an Artic Silencer NV5 on a 6600GT card?
I understand that the NV6 is a better solution.
but
I have a 6600GT and an NV5 handy.

ive had about 10 refurbed motherboards from newegg i had one of my 30$ nf7-s crap out, sent it back to abit and they sent me a new one.

Back