GIGABYTE Launches GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME GAMING Graphics Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
GIGABYTE, the world’s leading premium gaming hardware manufacturer, announced today the release of the GeForce® GTX 1080 XTREME GAMING (GV-N1080XTREME-8GD) , the flagship graphics card of the year from the premium XTREME GAMING Series. Driven by the Pascal architecture from NVIDIA, the GTX 1080 XTREME GAMING combines with GIGABYTE’s gaming innovation to deliver monstrous performance ready for next-generation gaming, especially in the arena of virtual reality.

In addition to the standard pack, the GTX 1080 XTREME GAMING is also offered in a special Premium Pack that comes with VR friendly kits, an SLI Bridge, and other premium accessories to prepare gamers for what is coming next in the gaming sphere. The air-cooled GTX 1080 XTREME GAMING features the brand new WINDFORCE Stack Cooling. This patent-pending design is able to accommodate three 100mm fans without stretching the card length to provide much larger coverage of the heat sink for extreme cooling. Combining with the counter-rotating center fan, the WINDFORCE cooler delivers up to 10% more airflow than conventional triple-fan coolers, while also reducing turbulence to a minimum. The re-engineered sickle fan blades optimize air intake for an overall improvement in thermals by 4%.

The card will drive 5 monitors simultaneously. And I just happen to have 5 monitors for it to drive ...
Hopefully we'll get a [H]ard review of this card soon, and availability shortly thereafter.

I'd love a review with [H]ard facts on how the extra HDMI ports can be configured. Bit annoying to only have the one on my 980 Ti and using it also disables one of the displayports as well. If this can get me back to 3 monitors + 2 HMDs I'll be a happy camper.

The card will drive 5 monitors simultaneously. And I just happen to have 5 monitors for it to drive ...
Hopefully we'll get a [H]ard review of this card soon, and availability shortly thereafter.

When has Nvidia committed to 5 simultaneous displays from a single card?

Just because it HAS five outputs doesn't mean they all work at the same time. My GTX 960 has five outputs as well in the exact same configuration :rolleyes:

Hmm.

Can't see the power connectors in this pics. I wonder if the have beefed up the power delivery at all for better OC.

The founders editions are severely power starved...

I got mail from NewEgg that they had 100 of them available at midnight. They sold out before I could add to cart.

Looks weird AF in that last pic upside down with the doubled up sli bridge.
Love the fan design, bigger is always better with an equal design.

I got mail from NewEgg that they had 100 of them available at midnight. They sold out before I could add to cart.

Different card, that was the "GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming GV-N1080G1". Newegg had that one listed for $649.99, I wonder how much higher this would be priced.

Looks weird AF in that last pic upside down with the doubled up sli bridge.
Love the fan design, bigger is always better with an equal design.

I like it too, it's just not ideal for my case setup.

My Corsair H110i GTX is set up to blow heat out the top of the case. With a GPU like this I'd be blowing GPU heat out through my CPU heatsink...

Whichever board I pick up will likely get my modded HG10 N980 attached to it so I can expel heat outside the case.

With that in mind, does anyone know - apart from the power plugs which we know are not OEM layout, if the rest of the board is?

How did you get the notification from newegg? I've signed up for notifications for all non FE 1080 and haven't received anything...

I like it too, it's just not ideal for my case setup.

My Corsair H110i GTX is set up to blow heat out the top of the case. With a GPU like this I'd be blowing GPU heat out through my CPU heatsink...

Whichever board I pick up will likely get my modded HG10 N980 attached to it so I can expel heat outside the case.

I have the same setup.

I had a 980ti ftw which draws as much as 300W and I didn't really have a problem with it putting heat inside the case.

these 1080s are going to take 180-230W so it should be even less of a problem.

How did you get the notification from newegg? I've signed up for notifications for all non FE 1080 and haven't received anything...

neweggs notifications don't work, unless its in stock for > 1 hour or so, when i called them out on it they gave me a $20 discount though.

Yup, looks like it can drive 4 displays and you have to reboot to switch which ports you are using. Rebooting would be annoying. Still looks like a nice card, have to see what the other AIB people come out with by the time cards are not instantly sold out.

Gotta admit, that front HDMI connector would be handy at times. Premium pack only though I guess....

3nasmi_DNb2v_YUgnqar_Mwj_M_650_80.jpg

Hmm.

Can't see the power connectors in this pics. I wonder if the have beefed up the power delivery at all for better OC.

The founders editions are severely power starved...
What gave you that idea? The reviews I have read claim the extra power on the AIBs don't help. Here is a review where the FE got a HIGHER over clock than a card drawing over 90W more, the MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G

The card itself has 3 Hdmi connectors on it. 2 on the front under the backplate and one on the back The specs state that the card can work either in VR mode with Vive, Oculus, etc.. or in Normal hdmi DP, and Dvi mode , more info is on Gigabytes webpage, I'd post the link, but forgot my old logon info , so had to create new Hardforum acount have to post 2 more times before I can

myself, I'm torn between the ROG GTX 1080 Strix that has 2 HDMI connectors on the back, Both have RGB LED customization options and the Strix has 8pin plus 6pin for OC stability, Wheras the Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme gaming has 2 8pin connectors and needs up to 300 watts

Gotta admit, that front HDMI connector would be handy at times. Premium pack only though I guess....

3nasmi_DNb2v_YUgnqar_Mwj_M_650_80.jpg
It was made specifically with HMDs in mind, and I think it's awesome that Gigabyte took this into consideration. Though it's still perplexing as to way HMD manufacturers went with HDMI over DisplayPort...
myself, I'm torn between the ROG GTX 1080 Strix that has 2 HDMI connectors on the back, Both have RGB LED customization options and the Strix has 8pin plus 6pin for OC stability, Wheras the Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme gaming has 2 8pin connectors and needs up to 300 watts
"Up to" being the keywords. Just because it has the ability to pull up to 375W doesn't mean it will in normal use. You could probably expect around 200W under normal gaming conditions.

but these cards use custom Vbios as well so who knows. I will use this with my open bench style mini itx maximus VII Impact 4790K @ 4.7 , 512 Samsung 950 pro m2 , Will be finally replacing my gigabyte windforce gtx 780 ti, so my son gets an upgrade to his rig as well ;)

Back