GIGABYTE GTX 980Ti XTREME GAMING EDITION $393.98 shipped after Rebate!

ratta41

Weaksauce
Sale is dead/gone

The title says it all, One of the best GTX 980Ti's
Boost: 1114 MHz / Base: 1026 MHz in OC Mode
$419.99 - $30 Card rebate + $3.99 s/h = $393.98

Best GPU cooler next to MSI Lighting cooler.
Highly overclockable and if you feel adventurous you can flash it to the OC edition of this card which run for way more $$: Boost: 1342 MHz / Base: 1241 MHz in OC Mode

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB XTREME GAMING EDITION-Newegg.com

5 Eggs on newegg, no real complaints, usually comes with High quality Gpu Asic% and no coil whine.

Last edited:
Good grief! Mustn't purchase! Lol

I own the 970 version of this card and this is tempting...

tinfoil hat in me thinks that they won't start releasing the newer cards in actual quantity until the stock on these are low enough to their standards

I'm thinking of picking up another 980ti to run in SLI for better 4k experience. The last time I ran SLI was in the Crysis days and it wasn't ideal :/ so I am not too up to date. Has the experience improved?

I have the EVGA version of the 980ti and if I do run sli I would like for my cards aesthetics to more or less match. None of these damn vendors show what the side of the card that you actually see through your case window looks like. Do most of them rock the 980ti illumination? Love the look.

How low do you guys think these will drop? I would FOR SURE bite at $300 but I doubt they will get to that price.

Or think I should just sell the 980ti and buy a 1080 instead? I would like to run Witcher 3 max settings @4k. I know I still probably wont get 60fps. I am fine with lower I just like for it to be consistent. The 30fps up to 49 down to 22 experience is what I hate. If it is steady, even at 30FPS I am okay.

Heavy OCed GTX 1070 FE vs OCed Msi 980ti Gold Edition (Not the best 980ti in the market btw)
Knowing that Aftermarket coolers and extra pci power pins do not affect the Overclokability of the 1080/1070 this mach is at even as is going to get.

Another example where a 980ti (Asus Strix) crushes a 1070 (Gigabyte 1070 G1) this time normal boost conditions were used for the testing.
980ti boosted @ 1379Mhz( No close to the ceiling) the 1070 boosted @ 2025Mhz (very close to the 2100Mhz magic number)

Last edited:
I'm thinking of picking up another 980ti to run in SLI for better 4k experience. The last time I ran SLI was in the Crysis days and it wasn't ideal :/ so I am not too up to date. Has the experience improved?

I have the EVGA version of the 980ti and if I do run sli I would like for my cards aesthetics to more or less match. None of these damn vendors show what the side of the card that you actually see through your case window looks like. Do most of them rock the 980ti illumination? Love the look.

How low do you guys think these will drop? I would FOR SURE bite at $300 but I doubt they will get to that price.

Or think I should just sell the 980ti and buy a 1080 instead? I would like to run Witcher 3 max settings @4k. I know I still probably wont get 60fps. I am fine with lower I just like for it to be consistent. The 30fps up to 49 down to 22 experience is what I hate. If it is steady, even at 30FPS I am okay.

Two 980Ti cards would absolutely crush a 1080. I was looking at some reviews last night because I was tempted by a 1080 on Massdrop but from what I saw, the performance increase from a 980Ti to a 1080 is less than the one from a 980 to a 980Ti. Not super impressed if that's the case. 10 more FPS at 4K for $700+ with a 1080? Nah. Not when I can basically double my performance for that same $700 total investment by adding another 980Ti. Probably will add a second 980Ti or just wait for the 1080Ti. The 780Ti and 980Ti cards offered way more performance than their non-Ti siblings and I suspect that will be the case with the 1080Ti as well.

The performance of the 1080 considering its power usage is certainly impressive, but I just can't justify several hundred dollars for a relatively modest performance gain. A lot of reviews state that the 1080 will be a hard sell to 980Ti owners for that exact reason.

Two 980Ti cards would absolutely crush a 1080. I was looking at some reviews last night because I was tempted by a 1080 on Massdrop but from what I saw, the performance increase from a 980Ti to a 1080 is less than the one from a 980 to a 980Ti. Not super impressed if that's the case. 10 more FPS at 4K for $700+ with a 1080? Nah. Not when I can basically double my performance for that same $700 total investment by adding another 980Ti. Probably will add a second 980Ti or just wait for the 1080Ti. The 780Ti and 980Ti cards offered way more performance than their non-Ti siblings and I suspect that will be the case with the 1080Ti as well.

The performance of the 1080 considering its power usage is certainly impressive, but I just can't justify several hundred dollars for a relatively modest performance gain. A lot of reviews state that the 1080 will be a hard sell to 980Ti owners for that exact reason.
Agree with everything here, I feel the same way about the new cards. I wonder how soon nvidia is going to start NERFING the 9XX series through its drivers to make the midrange 1080/1070 look better in terms of performance vs 980TI, because right now and on launch the next generation gains are not that impressive considering the price tags of 1080/1070 compared to 980TI.

If those prices were straight up with no rebates I might do it but I'm really waiting for the 1070. Haven't bought a video card in a VERY long time.

I think we're seeing the bottom of the close-out price for the 980 ti. We may see a hair under $400, but definitely not going to go much lower. And by the time prices stabilize on 1070 to MSRP (under $400), which would in theory drive down the 980 ti's price further, remaining 980 ti stock will be exhausted. This is all by design of nV and vendors, of course.

I would say if you're waiting for prices to go lower on 980 ti, don't -- get yours now before they're gone. The other option, of course, is to wait for 1070 prices to lower, at which point some 980 ti holders will upgrade, then buy one used.

Can anyone explain to me why the 1070 is still idling around $450 - $500 and not $379 like they said? A mid range card priced on a high end? WTF!

Can anyone explain to me why the 1070 is still idling around $450 - $500 and not $379 like they said? A mid range card priced on a high end? WTF!

Demand is such that they can continue to charge that. Once the supply catches up, then the prices will fall.

Personally, I'm hanging on to my 970 until I can get a 1080 for $599.

Demand is such that they can continue to charge that. Once the supply catches up, then the prices will fall.

Personally, I'm hanging on to my 970 until I can get a 1080 for $599.

That will be a nice upgrade!

Deal is dead, back to $449.99 after $30 rebate + $4.99 s/h, for the ones that got one for $393 after rebate GOOD for you!

I got a gigabyte G1 1070 from newegg for 430 - so I did get it around MSRP so it's possible. But this is coming from someone who built a new comp. I wasn't questioning the upgrade. If I had a 980ti I would buy a second or wait for the next ti

Back