GIGABYTE GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING Video Card Review @ [H]

1439202407lsYxTzB0s7_4_6_l.gif

How did you increase the voltage to 1.243v when the card is supposed to be voltage capped at 1.23v?

1439202407lsYxTzB0s7_4_6_l.gif

How did you increase the voltage to 1.243v when the card is supposed to be voltage capped at 1.23v?

Is that cap for reference or for the G1?

Even if it's for the G1, I can see two possibilities:

1. GPU-Z is known to be less than 100% accurate in its readings.There's a margin of error.
2. The cap itself may allow for a margin of error.

Just bought 2 of these cards and one has asic of 66% other is 79%. I modified a bios and now have both cards running at 1505 core clock with volts capped to 1255. The voltage was originally capped at 1237. I have zero coil whine with my awesome evga g2 1000w psu. I was sad over the low asic but after hitting stable 1505 I learned not to care. My top card maxes out at 75c so far. I'm a happy camper, glad i made the switch to team green.

Is that cap for reference or for the G1?

Even if it's for the G1, I can see two possibilities:

1. GPU-Z is known to be less than 100% accurate in its readings.There's a margin of error.
2. The cap itself may allow for a margin of error.
It's for the G1. No matter how much you voltage you add (it's true for me anyway), it's always capped at 1.23. You can easily reach higher values by flashing the BIOS, however.

Maxwell bios tweaker is the name and if you search for it you should come across a decent little guide on another forum.

Just bought 2 of these cards and one has asic of 66% other is 79%. I modified a bios and now have both cards running at 1505 core clock with volts capped to 1255. The voltage was originally capped at 1237. I have zero coil whine with my awesome evga g2 1000w psu. I was sad over the low asic but after hitting stable 1505 I learned not to care. My top card maxes out at 75c so far. I'm a happy camper, glad i made the switch to team green.

It appears that no one other than the creator of GPU-Z knows what "ASIC quality" measures or how it measures it, or what the relative importance of higher or lower readings may be. There certainly doesn't seem to be any solid empirical evidence that it makes a difference in a card's clock speed potential, stability, or operating temperatures. So it's good that you have learned not to care. :D

Anyone with more than one of those cards? I have question regardin the ASIC quality... I have one with ASIC 60.9% and pretty much no matter what i tried i can't overclock her over 1500. No matter which BIOS or what settings i use. As soon as i run it at 1500 i getting this nvidia driver error. I can get another one, and i think it will be with higher ASIC quality. Its going to cost me a little but its doable. Whats your thoughts on that? Can some GIGABYTE GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING owners post some ASICs and OC results if its not bother?

Thank you in advanced.

Back