Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Windforce

And do you think that my Midi tower Thermaltake Swing, with two 120mm fans (one on the front and one of the back) with semi-passive PSU is enough to ventilate air from the case?

And do you think that my Midi tower Thermaltake Swing, with two 120mm fan (one on the front and one of the back) with semi-passive PSU is enough air ventilation from the case?

Honestly it should be enough yeah, as long as there is decent airflow going in the case and coming out you should be good. A good time to probably get a reference card over like an aftermarket card would be when your running a small itx case with little breathing room or a small HTPC or something along those lines. It's up to you really I personally think ventilation should be fine, I was looking at the case you have on newegg and everyone says it does a great job for what it is.

only downside is that this case have no perforation on front panel where is located front fan, so I'm little afraid of this.

I should be getting my card sometime today in the mail, after playing around with it (skyrim, league of legends, heaven, 3dmark, playing around with the fan speeds ect.) i'll let you know. I don't have a temp gun to monitor the VRM temps sadly unless there is a program that can do that for me, otherwise I won't know. I'll let you know about temps and noise of the card in general otherwise though. Asus model is pretty decent, I just prefer either the windforce models, twin frozr or even evga's acx. A 770 will last you a while too, they are just a beefed up 680 that costs less. At least the cooler for the windforce 770/TF 770 is better since it has more heatpipes on there then their 760 counterparts. Most people from what I can see can recommend the 770 line.

What a pity.I prefer gigabyte aswell too,tho asus might be good too.But here it seems to cost 30-35 euros more.You can check the VRM temps via gpu-z.Idle vrm would do,thank you again and lookin forward for your card and hope its good.

Yeah, high five for that :)

Also all of the cooler design on the 760's are great except the SC ACX from EVGA and the Palit Jetstream. Other's are great.
MSI and Gigabyte are the best right now with 760's, Asus comes in at a "close" third position.
If you look at TPU's reviews of all the five non-reference cards they reviewed and see the overclocking and temperature sections.
MSI and Palit are the ones with the least amount of temperature increase after overclocking. Palit increases the least but it didn't even OC that well. In that regard the MSI shows it is the best.
Asus was worse, more than 8% increase. EVGA more than 5. Gigabyte is between MSI and EVGA.

But in the end, all of those are quite good.

You cannot judge how a company's card will overclock based on a review. Every card is different and your card may be better or worse.

narupls: Have you already some expriences with your Gigabyte GTX 760 rev.2?
Thanks.

narupls: Have you already some expriences with your Gigabyte GTX 760 rev.2?
Thanks.

I actually didn't get time to test it out much yet, I have been busy with work. I'm gonna try and give the 760 a run for its money when I get home tonight though. What I can say is that it runs real cool and quiet on idle at around 30c and thankfully the fans seem to be fairly quiet. I only had time to install it in my rig, but thats what all I can provide thus far without actually playing with it. I'll let you know later.

Also the 4gb version seems pretty decent if you wanted to keep your card for a while to come without upgrading. Most games don't really use ram that high yet unless your playing at high resolution or a heavily modded skyrim. Truthfully you will probably run out of raw processing power before you hit the VRAM wall. But at only an extra 50 bucks I could see it being worth it. It's up to you personally if you think its worth it. Me personally, I just wanted to get something to hold me over until Maxwell and my old 6870 is really showing its age. The standard 760 was more than enough to satisfy those requirements. So yeah it's up to you personally.

I was only impressed with the GTX 770 cooler with 5 heatpipes.
4GB of RAM are pointlessly...

Please, then post your temperatures and noise experiences in load.

I was only impressed with the GTX 770 cooler with 5 heatpipes.
4GB of RAM are pointlessly...

Please, then post your temperatures and noise experiences in load.

Yeah I'll get around to that sometime tonight hopefully. Honestly it may not be that cooler at all. I thought you brought it up regarding the 4GB VRAM. That website probably just literally grabbed a 770 picture since there are literally no windforce 760 pictures except on newegg. I wouldnt have my hopes up for the 770 cooler. But yeah hopefully the missing 3 heatpipes dont have too much of an impact on cooling when I test them out later

And yeah at the 300 price point I would maybe just consider a 2gb windforce 770 with the better cooler/performance for only 100 bucks more so yeah thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
For people trying to figure out the difference between v1.0 and v2.0, the answer is, nothing but the fan cover

From here:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/07/09/gigabyte_gtx_760_oc_version_video_card_review

We reached out to GIGABYTE for answers, and GIGABYTE's response is thus:

The only difference between them is the fan cover. Rev1.0 is plastic and Rev2.0 is metal. They both have the same exact spec. The Rev1.0 will phase out soon

So literally the only difference is in the fan cover, one being plastic, the other metal

Good news,but still i wanna see the VRM temps. @narupls make sure u got the latest GPU-Z version.The vrm temps should be located in sensors tab.

Yes, VRM temperature could be very useful.
Please, could you post your GTX 770 cards VRM temperature in load from latest GPU-Z?
Could post also rev. 1 or another brand for comparision.
Thanks.

After playing around with my card, I'm pretty satisfied with it. It idles roughly around 32c when its not doing much and load is around 63c (using heaven 3dmark some other games). I think it performs fine and regarding the fan noise,it runs really quiet until roughly 85% fan speed. Then you can start hearing it a little bit out of the case, by 100% fan speed it sort of loud but that's 3 fans spinning at 4000 RPM. It honestly isn't even a big deal cause I use MSI Afterburner and set my own fan profile as always (max fan speed set for me is 80% because that's barely hearing it out of the case, anyhigher then it gets a little bit louder). If I recall the twin frozr fans spin at 100% and still not audible at all so if you were looking for noise levels you may want to get the twin frozr instead (assuming you need to run at 100% fan speed). Temps are fine and acceptable so I don't really have any complaints at all. The biggest impact on me was just the performance/noise/temps. My old reference 6870 ran at like 45-50c on idle and loaded to about 75c and when that is happening the jet engine blower kicks in and and is just overall really loud. Granted it would probably be better to take the shroud off, clean it and then apply new TIM I just wanted a new card anyways (plus I'm not sure how much better it would've gotten anyways). As far as performance goes I now get double plus or minus a little bit more frame rate on higher settings (skyrim, dayz, bf3, bl2, ungine heaven) than on my old 6870 which was really what buying a new card was all about. So yeah to put a long story short it was well worth the upgrade especially since it was only 250 bucks (same amount I paid for my 6870 2.5 years ago I believe) and I don't really regret buying the rev 2 over the twin frozr at all since they trade blows in their own ways.

As far as VRM temps go, I actually do not see that anywhere in the latest version of GPU-Z.
99f.png

So yeah I'm not sure if I could check those temps for you guys or not, I'm assuming its decent either way.

That so far is my short little experience with the 760 rev 2 and so far it has been great to be honest.

Last edited:
Good good,i assume the VRM temps should be in the same temp range as the core temperature.Probably on next version of gpu-z they will add it.Looks likely im gonna grab one too,since my 7950 vapor started to artifact after 7 weeks of playing.Tho im considering about getting a 770,but its 120 euros extra and ati as it looks will release the 8k series b4 christmas.Enjoy your card mate,once i get it i will post too.

It's 450W Windforce cooler according to Gigabyte, so it could be just the same as on GTX 770
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4670&m=n#ov

They should put this cooler on all GTX 760, but hopefuly I believe GTX 760 wouldn't need it for good, quiet cooling.
I hope you confirm this :)

It might very well be the same cooler, so it may be in your best interest to get the 4GB version instead especially if it has the same cooler as the 770. Although it's like you said getting a 770 in general wouldn't be bad either you get a decent amount of performance over the 760 and having the better cooler.

Good good,i assume the VRM temps should be in the same temp range as the core temperature.Probably on next version of gpu-z they will add it.Looks likely im gonna grab one too,since my 7950 vapor started to artifact after 7 weeks of playing.Tho im considering about getting a 770,but its 120 euros extra and ati as it looks will release the 8k series b4 christmas.Enjoy your card mate,once i get it i will post too.

If you end up getting one let me know how it works out for you. I had a very enjoyable time with my upgrade and hopefully you will too. If not the 770 is still a very nice card if you decide to opt for it.

Ye i will.Probably in the next 2 weeks or less.770 would be way much,its an overclocked 680 and bit more.I would be satisfied with 7950(760 too).I better save those extra euros to get some z87 chipset(im still with ex58extreme and i7 940) rather to waste it for some extra fps.

Looks like it i wont get one.I found a good deal.Used for 3 months 7970 GHZ vapor-X for 240 euros with 21 months warranty.It was really a great price.Tho im on holidays yet and i will test it in 3 weeks or so.

hey Guys, Just wanted to bring up a older thread, I bought 2 Gigabyte GTX760 4GB just a few weeks ago and notice that when I ordered them (on Amazon) they said Rev 2.0, but when I got the cards, they said Rev 2.1 on the box and cards.

Looks like Gigabyte did a refresh recently.
The PCB from the Rev 2.0 has slight changes. (based on Rev 2.0 pics I have seen).
The memory and some caps have been moved.

Also just to confirm, the rev 2.1 cards have 5 heatpipes instead of the 2 you guys have pictured.
However, last night while gaming in BF4- I have these in SLI my temps reached about 75c-80c at its peak on both cards. My other cards, GTX670 2GB rev 1.0 cards peak only at 65c in SLI in the same system. I moved my GTX670 2GB cards to my other PC which is why I am using the 760 4gb on this PC.

So I am a little disappointed in temps seeing as the rev 2.1 and 2.0 cooler is suppose to have improved.
Now I am not sure if I am really happy with the purchase. I am still within return window but still debating if I should just hold on to them since I paid a good price for them ($260 shipped for each)

The reasons I bought them were the 4GB memory since I game in 5760x1200. I get about 60fps in ultra with spikes to about 75fps depending on map.

Back