Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Windforce

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at LanOC got their grubby little mitts on a Gigabyte GTX 760 OC Windforce video card and decided to put it to the test.

So up until now we have taken a look at the stock GTX 760 with its single fan, the EVGA GTX 760 with its dual fans, that really only leaves one logical option right? Today I’m going to take a look at the GTX 760 from Gigabyte with their Windforce cooler that packs in a whopping 3 fans. The card is also overclocked a little more than the previous card as well.

Another Gigabyte 760 Rev1.0, have you come across any reviews of the rev2.0 with the newer Windforce cooler and different PCB?
There's at least 7 reviews out there of the rev1.0.

Another Gigabyte 760 Rev1.0, have you come across any reviews of the rev2.0 with the newer Windforce cooler and different PCB?
There's at least 7 reviews out there of the rev1.0.

Was wondering the same thing. I guess it would be safe to assume that the rev 2.0 is a lot better due to them using it on the 780 and 770. They might just be trying to get rid of excess inventory.

Yeah figures.
But from the pictures I saw the rev2.0 has only two 8mm heatpipes on the cooler.
Though might be a better cooler overall. Would need to see the naked PCB and better pictures of the cooler. Well a review would be best of course :D

The rev1.0 and rev2.0 seem to be readily available over there across the pond, or at least when I last checked.
Here only the 1.0 is available and 2.0 has been listed on few sites, five of them say 2.7.2013 it's going to be in stock, couple of them say 1-2 weeks or 3-7 days and one just says ordered 1-2 work days.
Probably second week of July when they'll be available here.

But I'm not interested in the 2.0 myself, would just be nice to see reviews on it.

Yeah figures.
But from the pictures I saw the rev2.0 has only two 8mm heatpipes on the cooler.
Though might be a better cooler overall. Would need to see the naked PCB and better pictures of the cooler. Well a review would be best of course :D

The rev1.0 and rev2.0 seem to be readily available over there across the pond, or at least when I last checked.
Here only the 1.0 is available and 2.0 has been listed on few sites, five of them say 2.7.2013 it's going to be in stock, couple of them say 1-2 weeks or 3-7 days and one just says ordered 1-2 work days.
Probably second week of July when they'll be available here.

But I'm not interested in the 2.0 myself, would just be nice to see reviews on it.

I actually was debating getting the newer windforce 2.0 version or the twin frozr 4 version. I ultimately went with the windforce 2.0 version because they actually have them in stock at amazon and I should get mine by Tuesday if all goes well. (they also have the twin frozr 4 version as well) I was reading that the twin frozr 4 series still uses the cheap sleeve bearing fans that were used in previous generations of twin frozr models. With that said a good amount of twin frozr cards (GTX 500/600/RADEON 6000/7000) have had some sort of rattling noise or other problems with the fans. I didn't hear too much from the windforce series, but I'll trust gigabyte on their newer model over msi.

Anywho I found a picture on videocardz.com regarding the heatsinks used for the windforce 1.0 and 2.0 versions seen here:
original.jpg

It can be seen that the 2.0 version comes with more heatpipes and obviously without the plastic shroud going with the metallic shroud like the GTX 770 version. So honestly yeah, I think gigabyte wanted to get rid of their old windforce coolers in their inventory. I wouldn't see a point to getting the 1.0 version over the 2.0 version in this sense then.

The hell are you smoking, I want some of that too :D
Let's take a look at the actual photo from Gigabyte themselves.
8357_big.jpg

Yeah right, sure a cooler for GTX 760 will have 5x 8mm heatpipes.

Be sure to post a picture of your rev2.0 showing the heatpipe count on tuesday. I actually want to know.

If you look add up that the rev2.0 uses an unknown PCB (as well as VRM of course..) and it has 1 less heatpipe then it very well be worse choice. Could be the 770 PCB with less phases or something. Or it could be something new.
The rev1.0 has the 680 PCB and 680 VRM. So 680 full cover waterblocks fit fine 'n' dandy.
Of course the rev2.0 cooler might be better. Since there are, ya' know good heatpipes and not-so-good heatpipes. They could've improved the fans. Or how the fins are aligned/count/thickness etcetera or how that base attaches to the fin stack or how the heatpipes are attached to the base/fins. So on.

Last edited:
The hell are you smoking, I want some of that too :D
Let's take a look at the actual photo from Gigabyte themselves.
8357_big.jpg

Yeah right, sure a cooler for GTX 760 will have 5x 8mm heatpipes.

Be sure to post a picture of your rev2.0 showing the heatpipe count on tuesday. I actually want to know.

Hmm now that you mention it there is only two heat pipes well according to gigabytes actual picture. I was under the assumption that the windforce 2.0 version for the 760 uses the same heatsink as the 770, at least that is how it is for the twin frozr 4 in the 770 and 760. That's pretty interesting since you brought that to my attention. I might actually go with the twin frozr now instead of the windforce, I'm kind of torn between the two now.

The MSI 760 TF Gaming doesn't have the same cooler as the MSI 770 TF Gaming.
Well almost the same actually.
The 770 has 1x8mm + 4x6mm heatpipes.
The 760 has 1x8mm + 3x6mm heatpipes.
It's kinda amazing how at least three big sites such as TechPowerUp, Legit Reviews and Tom's Hardware got that wrong. While [H] only says "multiple heatpipes" :D

Click the picture for bigger image. I only count four heatpipes on the left or are my eyes messing with me?

The MSI 760 TF Gaming doesn't have the same cooler as the MSI 770 TF Gaming.
Well almost the same actually.
The 770 has 1x8mm + 4x6mm heatpipes.
The 760 has 1x8mm + 3x6mm heatpipes.
It's kinda amazing how at least three big sites such as TechPowerUp, Legit Reviews and Tom's Hardware got that wrong. While [H] only says "multiple heatpipes" :D

Click the picture for bigger image. I only count four heatpipes on the left or are my eyes messing with me?

Nope that looks just about right to me, there are only 3 heatpipes on the 760 version and 4 heatpipes on the 770 version. Man these changes to the coolers on the 760's versus the 770's are so minuscule even though they are still using the same design. Either way I think these cards are still cooled pretty efficiently, so I still do feel at ease about my windforce rev 2.0 purchase. Honestly anything will run quieter and cooler than my reference sapphire 6870 that I had for 3 years now. The thing does sound like a jet engine when I crank the fan ~50% or higher. Thanks for actually bringing the whole cooler changes to my attention.

Yeah, high five for that :)

Also all of the cooler design on the 760's are great except the SC ACX from EVGA and the Palit Jetstream. Other's are great.
MSI and Gigabyte are the best right now with 760's, Asus comes in at a "close" third position.
If you look at TPU's reviews of all the five non-reference cards they reviewed and see the overclocking and temperature sections.
MSI and Palit are the ones with the least amount of temperature increase after overclocking. Palit increases the least but it didn't even OC that well. In that regard the MSI shows it is the best.
Asus was worse, more than 8% increase. EVGA more than 5. Gigabyte is between MSI and EVGA.

But in the end, all of those are quite good.

Yeah, high five for that :)

Also all of the cooler design on the 760's are great except the SC ACX from EVGA and the Palit Jetstream. Other's are great.
MSI and Gigabyte are the best right now with 760's, Asus comes in at a "close" third position.
If you look at TPU's reviews of all the five non-reference cards they reviewed and see the overclocking and temperature sections.
MSI and Palit are the ones with the least amount of temperature increase after overclocking. Palit increases the least but it didn't even OC that well. In that regard the MSI shows it is the best.
Asus was worse, more than 8% increase. EVGA more than 5. Gigabyte is between MSI and EVGA.

But in the end, all of those are quite good.

Yup I agree with that one, I just wished they did some rev 2.0 reviews though since technically all of those reviews were just using the old rev 1.0 version. Hopefully it holds up against the twin frozr IV.

So have you gotten your card?
I see that newegg has updated their product pictures.
The 760 rev2.0 definitely has the 770 PCB but I'm a bit confused by this.
QZ9SYZN.png

QMvzI9D.png

Apparently the specs
http://www.nec-tokin.com/english/product/pdf_dl/proadlizer_e.pdf
A thread that came up by googling that NEC/tokin 0E907
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25915

The 770 pcb pictures here
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_770_WindForce_OC/4.html
Zoomable pic of the 760
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125466

VRM filtering? The 770 uses eight little thingies and the 760 uses two big thingies.
At first I was like whaaat, two vram chips on the backside, the hell for. Then I zoomed in.

Also the feedback on that 760 r2.0. Guy with two of those is saying they run 82C and 75C in a SLI setup. No mention of the case though, nor airflow. his ambients are quite low though.
"So far every game Ive played
with the sli set up, temperatures are reaching 75°C+"
Doesn't look promising if you ask me.
The other two reviews are saying it runs cool, one actually saying temps in the 60's.

There's this also
https://www.facebook.com/PcSoftwareAndHardware/posts/456359844396375

Last edited:
So have you gotten your card?
I see that newegg has updated their product pictures.
The 760 rev2.0 definitely has the 770 PCB but I'm a bit confused by this.
QZ9SYZN.png

QMvzI9D.png

Apparently the specs
http://www.nec-tokin.com/english/product/pdf_dl/proadlizer_e.pdf
A thread that came up by googling that NEC/tokin 0E907
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25915

The 770 pcb pictures here
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_770_WindForce_OC/4.html
Zoomable pic of the 760
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125466

VRM filtering? The 770 uses eight little thingies and the 760 uses two big thingies.
At first I was like whaaat, two vram chips on the backside, the hell for. Then I zoomed in.

Also the feedback on that 760 r2.0. Guy with two of those is saying they run 82C and 75C in a SLI setup. No mention of the case though, nor airflow. his ambients are quite low though.
"So far every game Ive played
with the sli set up, temperatures are reaching 75°C+"
Doesn't look promising if you ask me.
The other two reviews are saying it runs cool, one actually saying temps in the 60's.

There's this also
https://www.facebook.com/PcSoftwareAndHardware/posts/456359844396375

I actually have not gotten it yet. For some reason I apparently clicked super saver shipping instead of my amazon prime when the order was made last week. Because of that I actually have to wait until the 8th or maybe a bit earlier if I am lucky. But yeah looks like you went and scooped up more info for the 760. That's pretty interesting and yeah it seems that the 760 has less vram chips on the back then the 770 which has 8. I mean it evens out to 2 gigs somehow but that is very weird. Regarding the cooling, yeah I am not sure. Like you said someguy said in his SLI temps were sort of high, but also like you said who knows about his case/ventilation/ambient temps. The other two reviews said it ran fairly well running into the 60's while underload which is what exactly I was expecting. I guess we will see when I actually get my card next monday. I'll post back and let you know.

"That's pretty interesting and yeah it seems that the 760 has less vram chips on the back then the 770 which has 8. I mean it evens out to 2 gigs somehow but that is very weird."

VRM Voltage Regulation Module
VRAM Video Random Access Memory

The actual VRAM chips are on the front side of the pcb. I was talking about the voltage regulation side of things.
I could say I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to video cards and their actual components. But I have NEVER seen such filtering caps on a video card, if that's what they are.

Well they are EMI filtering capacitors. Got an answer on the Muropaketti forums electronics thread.
"They're EMI filtering caps. They have a very low effective series-inductance which has a big meaning with big frequencies."
So, is that a good thing they're using couple of those for the VRM instead of many smaller ones?
Just because I found that badcaps thread and that Facebook post makes me a bit uneasy.

Last edited:
"That's pretty interesting and yeah it seems that the 760 has less vram chips on the back then the 770 which has 8. I mean it evens out to 2 gigs somehow but that is very weird."

VRM Voltage Regulation Module
VRAM Video Random Access Memory

The actual VRAM chips are on the front side of the pcb. I was talking about the voltage regulation side of things.
I could say I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to video cards and their actual components. But I have NEVER seen such filtering caps on a video card, if that's what they are.

Well they are EMI filtering capacitors. Got an answer on the Muropaketti forums electronics thread.
"They're EMI filtering caps. They have a very low effective series-inductance which has a big meaning with big frequencies."
So, is that a good thing they're using couple of those for the VRM instead of many smaller ones?
Just because I found that badcaps thread and that Facebook post makes me a bit uneasy.

Doe! yeah sorry VRM not VRAM. Yeah I'm not sure if this could be a good thing or a bad thing like you said with since the 760 does come with fewer/bigger regulators vs having smaller/more regulators like on the 770. I'm not too experienced when it comes down to that kind of stuff, but all I can hope is that my card will last me a good amount of time or at least until I make another upgrade. So hopefully it'll be quiet and cool and won't run into any posting problems or bsod or anything of that sort. I wasn't sure if I was going to overclock it or not, but I'll try to with stock voltage and see how far it'll go and hopefully that will go well.

I just received a 4GB windforce 770, what I immediately noticed was that the 3 fans are probably a waste. The center fan blows mostly at nothing, the bare heat pipes. So I could easily see that 2 fans could probably cool this thing just as well if not better than 3 if they are positioned better. And then the thing would cost less to make as well.

Which one GTX 760 would you choose?
Can both have for the same price.

MSI GTX 760 or Gigabyte GTX 760 rev. 2.0 ?

Maybe revision 2.0 have newer BIOS?
Little disappointing for me that rev. 2.0 have only 2 heat pipes...

Which one would you prefer?

Which one GTX 760 would you choose?
Can both have for the same price.

MSI GTX 760 or Gigabyte GTX 760 rev. 2.0 ?

Maybe revision 2.0 have newer BIOS?
Little disappointing for me that rev. 2.0 have only 2 heat pipes...

Which one would you prefer?

Granted I didn't get my windforce rev 2.0 yet, I would probably go with the twin frozr iv. Just like lagittaja and me were talking about, it OC's better and it runs just as cool and quiet if not cooler and quieter. The only reason why I initially went with the windforce rev 2.0 was because I was afraid of MSI's sleeve bearing fans on their twin frozr models. Since MSI always uses sleeve bearing fans in their previous twin frozr cards, so that eventually the fans will have some rattling problems maybe like 6 months in or a year or maybe longer/shorter who knows. But yeah who knows the windforce rev 2.0 could perform like a champ and run cool and quiet without any problems. I'm going to have to wait until mine gets here on monday and find out. Like I was explaining though, at this point anything is better than my reference 6870 which idles at around 45c then light gaming at 60-65c with the fan blowing fairly loud.

I had the Rev 1.0 then replaced with the 2.0. I though the 2.0 would be better since it had those to memory handling chips on the back plus the cooling solution and PCB of the 770. I was totally wrong. There are only 2 heat pipes on the 2.0 vs 3 on the 1.0. The 1.0 has direct touch with the GPU while 2.0 has a copper plate so as a result the 1.0 ran cooler with me with nothing more than ~70 degrees using furmark vs ~82 for the 2.0. One last thing, -but that might be just probably me being paranoid- the 1.0 ran smoother for some unknown reason.
I wish I logged all the results to prove my findings but I neither have the time nor that it is my profession. Oh and I have a video of my defective wobbly fans so tell me if I'm not delusional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15zt87PWzU
PS: I might just had some bad luck with my card.

Last edited:
I have to say I am impressed with the 770 windforce cooler (rev2).. it's beefy and quiet. I haven't seen my top card go over 70c yet. I had to make sure my fan profile was working right to see if the fans were spinning up with the heat.. crazy. Even at 100% it's a less abrasive sound than the default blower style cooler on my 670s.. the only slight con is the heat is now not being tossed out of my case so I had to reverse the flow of my side fan to exhaust.. which seems to do the trick. I still have the TJ09's mid-mounted 120mm fan getting cool air to the front of the gpu area.

I think only con on rev. 2.0 but essential is missing one heat pipe in compare to rev. 1.0

I had the Rev 1.0 then replaced with the 2.0. I though the 2.0 would be better since it had those to memory handling chips on the back plus the cooling solution and PCB of the 770. I was totally wrong. There are only 2 heat pipes on the 2.0 vs 3 on the 1.0. The 1.0 has direct touch with the GPU while 2.0 has a copper plate so as a result the 1.0 ran cooler with me with nothing more than ~70 degrees using furmark vs ~82 for the 2.0. One last thing, -but that might be just probably me being paranoid- the 1.0 ran smoother for some unknown reason.
I wish I logged all the results to prove my findings but I neither have the time nor that it is my profession. Oh and I have a video of my defective wobbly fans so tell me if I'm not delusional

I think your fans work correctly.
Rev. 1.0 PCB is I think the same as on GTX 680, so it could have better cooling overall than rev. 2.0
What about noise rev. 1.0 vs 2.0?
Isn't rev. 1.0 noisy?

I think your fans work correctly.
Rev. 1.0 PCB is I think the same as on GTX 680, so it could have better cooling overall than rev. 2.0
What about noise rev. 1.0 vs 2.0?
Isn't rev. 1.0 noisy?

I didn't find much of a difference TBH. Compared to my reference 6870, it's as if it doesn't exist :D. The thing is, how you perceive noise levels would be different for every person. But even when I cranked my fans up to 100% on both cards it didn't bother me. I'm actually considering to return the Gigabyte and get MSI. It's so hard to decide.

I think only con on rev. 2.0 but essential is missing one heat pipe in compare to rev. 1.0
I also think that Gigabyte might be cheaping out on the design and compensating it by the looks of the card. I mean the metal shroud on rev 2.0 feels so flimsy compared to the plastic on rev 1.0.

The plastic on the 2.0 is pretty flimsy as well. The metal brace on the PCB is solid, but the shroud piece holding the 3 fans is actually warping from (screw pressure?) the middle fan on mine.

Figured rev 2 would be improvements on rev 1, but maybe it was cost cutting?

Definitely only 2 heat pipes.

5157_10151715120619456_1089728421_n.jpg

*edit* just saw the video, mine does the same thing. Sags in the middle and there's a slight yet noticeable wobble. Thought it may have been the sticker being misaligned at first, but you can see it in edges of the fan blade. Only noticing it on the middle fan.

I think the plastic just isn't rigid enough to counter the momentum/motion? of the middle fan, esp since there isn't really anything substantial there that is holding it to the heatsink itself (just the tension clips).

I actually did notice that it was a bit wobbly and cant tell if that is normal or not for all the windforce coolers, I mean I'm supposed to get mine on Monday from Amazon, but I seem kind of worried now. I'm not sure, but those temps seem pretty high (although still normal), but then again that is running Furmark at 100% load. I mean how often is your video card going to be stressed at that level anyways you'd imagine. You should try again with heaven instead or something not furmark or kombuster.

I didn't find much of a difference TBH. Compared to my reference 6870, it's as if it doesn't exist :D. The thing is, how you perceive noise levels would be different for every person. But even when I cranked my fans up to 100% on both cards it didn't bother me. I'm actually considering to return the Gigabyte and get MSI. It's so hard to decide.

Honestly yeah like I was mentioning I might just end up returning the windforce rev 2 I'm getting on Monday and just take a full refund back and purchase the Twin Frozr version instead. I'm having mixed feelings right now and yeah kind of like your scenario.

*edit* That's a little extreme now that I think about it. I'm probably just going to stick with the windforce rev 2 and just play around with it. It should be perfectly fine hopefully.

Last edited:
MSI have really big temperatures on VRM, so maybe the best choice is Gigabyte GTX 760 rev. 1, which have just the same cooler as their GTX 680 I think...?
And because GTX 680 is warmer then it could have better cooled VRM's?

MSI have really big temperatures on VRM, so maybe the best choice is Gigabyte GTX 760 rev. 1, which have just the same cooler as their GTX 680 I think...?
And because GTX 680 is warmer then it could have better cooled VRM's?

could very well be yeah who knows. i'm getting my rev 2 in the mail tomorrow so I'll see how it goes in terms of temps and noise and the whole fan wobbling business.

On
I actually did notice that it was a bit wobbly and cant tell if that is normal or not for all the windforce coolers, I mean I'm supposed to get mine on Monday from Amazon, but I seem kind of worried now. I'm not sure, but those temps seem pretty high (although still normal), but then again that is running Furmark at 100% load. I mean how often is your video card going to be stressed at that level anyways you'd imagine. You should try again with heaven instead or something not furmark or kombuster.

Honestly yeah like I was mentioning I might just end up returning the windforce rev 2 I'm getting on Monday and just take a full refund back and purchase the Twin Frozr version instead. I'm having mixed feelings right now and yeah kind of like your scenario.

*edit* That's a little extreme now that I think about it. I'm probably just going to stick with the windforce rev 2 and just play around with it. It should be perfectly fine hopefully.

After testing with heaven and 3dmark11. The card is perfectly fine. Idles at ~34c and load at ~60c. I was just a bit paranoid about the card. Stick with the windforce as I read somewhere that MSI are using bad fans on their cards. My only problem now is that my CPU is kinda bottlenecking the GPU. I have Phenom 1090T @4.1. My brother's system is i5-2500K @4.2 with Gigabyte 560ti and it runs games better than mine with higher FPS.

One more thing. Don't stress your card a lot with FurMark or MSI combustor as they push your card to the limits and in most of the daily use you'll hardly utilize that much of your GPU.

Last edited:
Where do you read that MSI using bad fans?
It's quiet interesting...

I don't have actual links or anything like that, I just see reviews on newegg and some threads here and there on either overclock.net/tomshardware/[H]ardForums or even videos on youtube about different types of twin frozr models (gtx 5xx/gtx 6xx/hd 6xxx/hd7xxx). You can just google "twin frozr fans" and read on some of the problems. The fans can be hit or miss I'd say most of the time. They will work just fine throughout their lifespan, other times maybe a couple months in or maybe a year in it depends, the fans will start rattling/making noise/completely even stop working sometimes. I guess there is no definite proof that the fans are bad, its just some people haven't had good results with them. I've never owned a twin frozr card or even MSI card so I can't comment. I don't hear reports of any of those issues often on other cards like gigabyte or evga so that was why I kinda went with the rev 2 this time around. Though with some of the comments in this thread already I am sort of nervous but who knows until I actually get my hands on my rev 2 and start playing around.

Don't get me wrong the twin frozr design is still a very excellent line of cooling for video cards. Most people love their TF models of cards and generally don't have problems with them at all. They run nice and quiet because of the larger fans spinning at a lower RPM. But the cooling is still very good since the larger dual fans output a good amount of air. With the whole VRM problem you brought up is pretty interesting, I'm not sure what to say about that (if it's normal and completely fine or not). So yeah I dunno there are a lot of choices in the gtx 760 series of cards ranging from evga's acx, gigabyte's windforce, msi's twin frozr, asus' direct cu ii ect. All of them have their own share of pros and cons, but I personally believe the windforce and TF models are up there and trailing behind would be the acx and dc2.

Last edited:
I found one very interesting link about Gigabyte VRM temperature on HD7870:
http://www.hardware.fr/articles/883-4/gigabyte-radeon-hd-7870-oc-test.html

It have just the same coolers as rev. 1
It have only 2 heatpipes, but it's also not so powerful.
VRM is another of course too, but cooling od VRM looks similar.
Maybe it's saying something about cooling of GTX 760, maybe not, but if yes then Gigabyte is far better cooled than MSI.
What do you think?

I found one very interesting link about Gigabyte VRM temperature on HD7870:
http://www.hardware.fr/articles/883-4/gigabyte-radeon-hd-7870-oc-test.html

It have just the same coolers as rev. 1
It have only 2 heatpipes, but it's also not so powerful.
VRM is another of course too, but cooling od VRM looks similar.
Maybe it's saying something about cooling of GTX 760, maybe not, but if yes then Gigabyte is far better cooled than MSI.
What do you think?

Yeah the underside of that card is very cool compared to the TF one you linked where you could clearly see it was pretty hot all around the back end. Then again that is a 7870 card and not a gtx 760 so that may or may not have to do with anything. I'm not too experienced when it comes down to that kind of stuff so I cant say for certain. But yeah the original windforce (rev 1 in this case) coolers had always been doing a pretty decent job with all the cards that use it (gtx 5xx/6xx or hd 6xxx). So yeah I'm not sure if that would translate into the VRM being pretty cool on the 760 rev 1 or not, but you would assume so.

could very well be yeah who knows. i'm getting my rev 2 in the mail tomorrow so I'll see how it goes in terms of temps and noise and the whole fan wobbling business.

Hello,have u got ur card yet?Im wondering,im about picking the same.But all these stuff im hearing about it,it leaning me more towards to ASUS or 770.

Once u get it,could u tell us ur VRM/core temps and also noise results?

Thank you in advance.(i've just made account to ask you that)

When I see that Gigabyte took from GTX 760 rev.2 cooler one heat pipe more than on rev.1 and maybe wobbling fans, I'm really wondering about Gigabyte GTX 770 with five heatpipes, too.
I'm also waiting for narupls experiences with GTX 760 rev.2 :)

Hey guys, I'm also in the market for a 760 but can't decide on the model.

This windforce 1.0 vs 2.0 business has left me confused.

What about the Asus model? The GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5. Is that one any good? From what I can tell from pictures the PCB looks shorter than most cards. Is that a non-reference PCB? I wonder if it's any good.

And what about the traditional coolers? Such as the one EVGA makes. I believe the non-ACX SC model. Are those coolers to be avoided at all costs? I do like that the exhaust out the back of the case and not all over the place.

I find it odd how a lot of the manufacturers are moving away from traditional blower coolers, yet the high-end Titan cards all use a traditional cooler...they're either good or they're not. Which is it?

Shorter PCB have higher temperatures, so I don`t recommend them.
Blower coolers have pretty comparativelly temperatures over the whole PCB.
Titan cooler is the far best cooler from reference coolers.
Some non reference coolers have problem to cool VRM cascade on proper temperatures.

Hello,have u got ur card yet?Im wondering,im about picking the same.But all these stuff im hearing about it,it leaning me more towards to ASUS or 770.

Once u get it,could u tell us ur VRM/core temps and also noise results?

Thank you in advance.(i've just made account to ask you that)

I should be getting my card sometime today in the mail, after playing around with it (skyrim, league of legends, heaven, 3dmark, playing around with the fan speeds ect.) i'll let you know. I don't have a temp gun to monitor the VRM temps sadly unless there is a program that can do that for me, otherwise I won't know. I'll let you know about temps and noise of the card in general otherwise though. Asus model is pretty decent, I just prefer either the windforce models, twin frozr or even evga's acx. A 770 will last you a while too, they are just a beefed up 680 that costs less. At least the cooler for the windforce 770/TF 770 is better since it has more heatpipes on there then their 760 counterparts. Most people from what I can see can recommend the 770 line.

Hey guys, I'm also in the market for a 760 but can't decide on the model.

This windforce 1.0 vs 2.0 business has left me confused.

What about the Asus model? The GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5. Is that one any good? From what I can tell from pictures the PCB looks shorter than most cards. Is that a non-reference PCB? I wonder if it's any good.

And what about the traditional coolers? Such as the one EVGA makes. I believe the non-ACX SC model. Are those coolers to be avoided at all costs? I do like that the exhaust out the back of the case and not all over the place.

I find it odd how a lot of the manufacturers are moving away from traditional blower coolers, yet the high-end Titan cards all use a traditional cooler...they're either good or they're not. Which is it?

Yeah I'll try to let people know my first impressions of the rev 2 card after I have played around with it.

Like I was saying all the 760 models are fairly decent maybe except the reference cooler ones (just saying that because I like the aftermarket coolers). The traditional coolers/reference coolers you see on the titans and 780's are pretty well made. I guess it just depends on your setup since reference coolers intake air through the onboard fan and pushes it through the card and out the back of the case. Where as the aftermarket coolers pushes air directly onto the heatsinks and just pushes it back inside the case. If you have a well ventilated case, aftermarket coolers should be the better option in my opinion. If not sticking with a reference cooler can help a lot from what I can tell. I'd still get the reference 780 or titan if I was going for one if not maybe the Lightning versions of it. It's just preference really and whichever fits your situation more. I think reference cooler cards are easier to modify into water loops as well, that's why a good amount of people pick those instead over aftermarket coolers.

Back