Gigabyte GTX 680 OC

Sure, you should put it on Ebay at a crazy price to see if some numb nut will buy it. It's still a capable card for 1080/720p.

Looking at ebay sold items, looks like 2GB cards are going for around $100-$120 and 4GB cards are going for $140+......so yeah someone would take it off your hands gladly!

Thats still a very nice card - though I'm a 'low-end gamer' and proud of it! I wouldn't be surprised if you could get $150+ out of that even on craigslist if it's in nice shape!

The real key is that the 600 series is still supported by the current nvidia driver. That means that despite the card's age, it has not been left behind, and should still offer good compatibility (albeit, DX11 only for most games). If you had a card from just one generation earlier, such as a GTX 580 - the picture would be much more bleak, as those cards received their last driver update in 2018...

It's been a while since I used a single GTX 680 by itself, but my secondary computer still runs 3 of them in Triple-SLI. They are still able to do everything that I need them to do.

A GTX 680 is essentially a 770 with slightly slower VRAM (though depending on the manufacturer's memory overclock this might not matter much). I know plenty of games as recently as 2018 that still listed a 770 as the minimum requirement, so we're talking about a card that can still play a lot of games, especially if we're talking about a 4GB card.

A GTX 680 is essentially a 770 with slightly slower VRAM (though depending on the manufacturer's memory overclock this might not matter much). I know plenty of games as recently as 2018 that still listed a 770 as the minimum requirement, so we're talking about a card that can still play a lot of games, especially if we're talking about a 4GB card.
I used my 760 4gb card for years and years and years until I snagged a 1080 about a year ago.

Played GTA V, Witcher 3 and a few others with it. The 4gb really helped that card stay useful.

680 is the last high end mac card that nvidia released so people tend to flash mac firmware onto them. That's why they used to go for more than 780s or 780 Tis did before.

I used my 760 4gb card for years and years and years until I snagged a 1080 about a year ago.

Played GTA V, Witcher 3 and a few others with it. The 4gb really helped that card stay useful.
Yeah, I bought a 670 in 2012 when I had the opportunity to get a 680 with 4GB of VRAM for only $100 more. I figured I wouldn't need 4GB of VRAM for 1080p gaming until around 2017 or so, which was when I planned to upgrade. If I'd known how long I was going to be stuck with that setup, I would have probably gotten at least one 680, maybe even two for SLI. Now the only cards that are priced where I would want a stopgap solution to be are like 960 and 1050 cards, and my 670 is so heavily used that it probably doesn't have many years left on it... so when I built my new PC, I wound up having to use the 560 Ti I originally upgraded to the 670 from. Most of my Steam library is pre-2014 anyway, since I've lost interest in PC gaming, but I still want to be able to play what I already have. The 2GB on the 560 Ti I thought I'd never use again has wound up coming in handy after all. I feel like I've learned my lesson about skimping on VRAM thinking I'll be able to upgrade in three years.

Back