GIGABYTE GTX 470 @ Newegg $259 - $20 MIR = $239 Shipped

Pricing wrong, it's $259.59 with a $20 MIR (technically a $19 rebate as you can never get all $20 off those Prepaid cards)

Pricing wrong, it's $259.59 with a $20 MIR (technically a $19 rebate as you can never get all $20 off those Prepaid cards)

It's a Visa Pre-paid card. Go to your bank and cash it in. I did this at my Chase bank and it worked.

Alternatively, use it for groceries, gas, or some other large purchase. If you use Amazon, create a $20 gift certificate for yourself.

I have been known to take the rebate cards into Wal*Mart and get store card charged up in increments slightly less than the posted value.

I still cannot see that this card is better deal than the two Zotac cards from the Newegg post for $169 each-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500173
(a dual SLI would be better than a single card in most cases)
$269.58 AR for two cards

I may just pick this up. Was going to wait for 6850/6870 to hit to either get one of those two or get a GTX 460 1GB if its price fell, but seeing as how it's going to take forever for the new ATI cards to get released I'm seriously considering this sweet deal for $260.

Tempting, but I want to see what the new cards have to offer. I have been able to wait 2 years, a few more days won't hurt.

I have been known to take the rebate cards into Wal*Mart and get store card charged up in increments slightly less than the posted value.

I still cannot see that this card is better deal than the two Zotac cards from the Newegg post for $169 each-
$269.58 AR for two cards

Not everyone can do SLI due to their mobo, etc
or some might want to SLI 470s

You can also sell those Mafia 2 coupons for about $20. So it's more like 219?

may be that is going to be the price after the price drop. I see stores do this all the time, do a promo and after a week or so that is the regular price on the item.

may be that is going to be the price after the price drop. I see stores do this all the time, do a promo and after a week or so that is the regular price on the item.

If this ends up being the regular price, then we could wait another week or two after that to see a sale.

Now if the price of the Gigabyte GTX470 SOC non-reference version with the accelero cooler comes down below $300 I just may have to bite.

$269.58 AR for two cards

Problem with this is that the rebate is "one per household" so you'll only get the rebate on one card. So put that total price to $299.58.

In addition, textures are repeated between the two cards, so 2X768MB is not as good as 1X1280MB. the dual GTX 460 might be able to get better performance on average, but there will be far more texture loading from main memory, degrading performance and dropping the minimum frame rate through the floor from time to time. I'd rather get 45fps average with a minimum of 25fps than 55fps average with a minimum of 3fps, even if that 3fps is only once ever 5-10 seconds.

on top of that, dual GTX 470 (what I'm working on) is better than dual GTX 460 without fail. (I got my first GTX 470 before the GTX 460 was even leaked, so I'm sticking with it until I can afford a second.)

Last edited:
well 6870 is coming out so i'm guessing 470 price will drop quick.

Back