Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 won't boot?

grenadier

Limp Gawd
Working on a new build and after setting everything up it won't boot. The power LED on the front of the case does light up, but none of the fans spin up and nothing else happens. The newegg reviews for the motherboard I'm using show that other folks are having similar issues (bios revision,fan connectors, etc. are finicky and can prevent booting).

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Reviews @ Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rue&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

My full specs are:
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Intel 2500k with Intel 3000 gfx
G.Skill 4GBx2 1600 1.5V
Corsair HX650W Pro

Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting before I exchange this board at microcenter? I'd really like to be able to get this rig to boot :mad:

Everything is spinning up now (CPU fan, sys fan, & psu fan), but the rig still isn't booting + I'm not getting any video out.

Ideas?

I'd try one stick of memory at a time to rule out a bad stick. Have had one build power up with no video and/or no post but fans spinning and it was the memory

I'll try booting with 1 dimm when I get home. Also, if that doesn't work I've got an extra set of memory right now (2x2GB) so I'll trying swapping that in as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Booting just fine now. Now all I need to do is get a drive to use as a system drive!

Hi hows this build going and can you let us know how your resolving your problems along the way more thorough? Cause im thinking of getting similar board and CPU.
Thanks

And Good Luck with the new build

Back