Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SP + Temperatures

Gillette

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good temperature monitor for this board...

I'm currently using MBM5 with the addons located at http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=74 but it has me somewhat worried

My CPU temperature shows up as 58 degrees C and while it is supposed to be high (as it is read by the CPU instead of a motherboard sensor) it still seems too high for a CPU with no load at all.

Does anyone know of a better monitoring program? Also, should I be concerned about these temperatures?

Note: Temps immediately jumped to almost 70C as soon as Prime95 started, I'll edit with the temps it's showing as it evens out. I also have the motherboard set to auto-shutoff if the CPU breaks 60C but that hasn't happened yet strangely...

Edit #1: 75C
Edit #2: 80C but Prime95 is still running with no errors...
Edit #3: 85C - Prime95 still with no errors.
Edit #4: The sensor on Core1 is now fluctuating between 83C and -41C
Edit #5: Still wonky readings from Core1 but temp seems to have leveled out at 83 and Prime95 is running strong

HOLY SHIT THOSE TEMPS WEREN'T WRONG! My CPU fan had failed and the computer didn't shut down (I need to double check the BIOS settings for that...)

CPU is now idling at 23 with the fan running. I nearly shat a brick when I noticed that fan not spinning, massive props to Intel for making a CPU that can boil water and keep on trucking!

Now peaking in low 30s, looks good!

For reference ambient temp is about 16C

Back