Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R Woes.

mannyman

2[H]4U
So i bought a motherboard from a fellow [H] Member and im having problems with it, Before i go further he agreed to give my money back but i would much rather have the board work.

Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
Intel E6550 @ 2330mhz
4 dimms of ddr2 all 667 (2X512mb) (2x1gb)
Powercolor HD4830
WD 320 gig HD
Antec 430 watt psu

So i have a strange problem, The motherboard wont even get past the ram check with only one dimm inserted, When in dual channel it will allow me to get past the check.

Once past the check i can go into the bios where the keyboard will stop working after a "random?" period of time.

Skip the bios and continue with the win 7 install and it takes a very long time for it to load the windows components and will randomly freeze Where i have to turn the power off to get it to work again.

I have tried a few things, Both usb and ps2 keyboards fail. regardless of the pair of ram sticks it faills and it always has to be a pair.

Any insight, Or even guesses will help out and be appreciated.

*cough* not a bump *cough*:D

Update, I got it to get through 70% of the loading process and got bad video corruption, I an currently using the onboard.

Well thanks for all the help guys :D

It wouldn't boot into Ubuntu either.

upon swapping in a older Celeron d 356 it worked, So I put the e6550 and it still doesn't work.

So I tried upping the voltage to 1.4 v core and still got nothing then 1.45 still nothing.

I think I need a bios flash but i have no clue on how to do it. Can anyone at least help me with that?

Back