Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3P motherboard

Have to check with the wife of course.... LOL
:LOL: goes without saying :)
how cheap is that deal ? I'd have thought you could pick up a ga-ep45-ud3P without the Q8200 for < the deal price ?

Sorry about talking so long. Deal at Frys is $169.99 plus tax and then a $20.00 rebate.

Firgure I could sell the Q8200 and get M/B for a low price. Saw used M/B's for around $70.00 here in forum. This would be new and all accessories would be there.

Will have to check to see if they still have any left tomorrow when I get the chance.

just got one of these from newegg.

wished i had bought in town as the ethernet port is DOA and since it takes me over an hr to install it will be a real pain to take it out, just to be down for a week while newegg decides how to handle it.

i think im just gonna have to live with this dead port. unless someone on here has an ideas.

checked bios and both enabled.
windows says cannot start device. (code10)
plug a cable into it and no lights at all. other port i get full gigabit connection.

other than that, it works ok. board is nice, seems like the heatsinks get warmer than i expected.

im running 4 gig A-data ram and 4 gig crucial ram so far with no issues.

I was thinking about picking up this board, but I saw the UD3R as well.
The UD3P obviously has more features, hence its more expensive. But does the UD3P overclock any better than the UD3R?
I really don't need those extra features, so I might go for the R version instead.

Can anyone help me? I bought a used combo and can not get this mb to run in dual chanel on slots 3 or4 at all
I have a
Corsair 650 watt PS
Gigabyte EP-45-UD3P rev 1.1 with F10j Bios
Q9550 (stock)
2x2GB Corsair Ballistix Tracer 800mhz 4-4-4-12 2.0V BL25664AR80A.16FE5

The system will boot fine with a single stick in ram slot 1 or 2 but not slot 3 or 4. If I put ram in slot 3 or 4 or 1-3 or 2-4 (dual channel) or 3 and 4 (single channel) I get a long series of fast beeps around 23 I think.

I tried setting the motherboard bios to the ram's default timings and voltages after resetting the cmos with 1 stick in, still no good. I tried two different high end power supplies,two different video cards and triple checked my power and video card connections., still the same. CPU temps are ~29C idle. All voltages are fine.

Any ideas or advice?

I have a GA EP45 UD3P board and plan to OC my E3110 very soon.

What is the factory safe range for voltage on this board? I have no intentions on over volting. I just want to get the maximum speed out of the recommended safe voltage range. I'm interesting in hitting 445mhz fsb.

Hello, would anyone know please if there is an "power up by keyboard" option on this mobo (Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR)?

Well,ok, I have read the manual on the net and found out it should be posible to turn on by keyboard. I would like to ask if I can turn it on by the space key?

Anybody doesn't know? I have even asked Gigabyte, but no reply so far.

Last edited:
Most newer ones are power on by any key being pressed (no option for individual keys anymore, I suspect it's because of use of USB limitations versus PS/2). Usually you can pick if it's mouse or keyboard power on if you like as well.

Most newer ones are power on by any key being pressed (no option for individual keys anymore, I suspect it's because of use of USB limitations versus PS/2). Usually you can pick if it's mouse or keyboard power on if you like as well.

Thank you very much for the explanation, Normalicy. That is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.

No problem. I've had the same frustration. I personally prefer Alt+F1 for power on so my kid can't accidentally turn it on, but yet it's easy. Sadly, I've not had that option for the last 3 boards I've owned because I have a USB keyboard now.

I know I'm bumping an older thread here, but if I have been using the F7 Bios for over a year for my overclocked Q9550, should I flash to F10? Thanks.

What to u have your Q9550 at? If you're happy with your overclock then I wouldn't bother. I have a rev 1.1 board with the F10 bios and didn't notice overclocking improvement over the F9 (one that came with my board). That was when I still had my Q9450 tho but I would suspect no performance diff with my current chip either.

Tech problem here.

Basic stats:
q8400 chip
4gb ram (2g corsair, 2gb gskill setup as 4x1gb sticks)
3 month old gap-ep45-udp3 mobo
1tb WD caviar black HD
some older liteon 16x dvdrw

Anyone know what the error code is for a continuous set of beeps on boot up is? Im getting no video signal, it looks like the fans all spin up but I just get a series of beeps (seem to be short but continuous) and after about 10-15 seconds the system tries to reboot and whole thing starts over again. All the leds light up, 2 green/2amber/2 red.

System was running fine last night but just started this on a cold boot up this morning. I tested the PSU (corsair hx520w modular) and it seems to be powering all rails fine. Swapped in a different video card, same deal. Main vid card is an old GF7950gt, backup one was an ati hd4350.

Up next is ram and then monitor/monitor cable. Then I guess I'll swap PSUs to a corsair hx750 I have for an aborted new build. Any help would be appreciated... bummed I can't spend the afternoon gaming.

TIA

It's usually the ram. Taking it down to one stick & keep swaping out till all have been tested.

Multiple beeps are usually memory. Try each stick individually in the first slot. Try them in another computer. Run memtest.

Ok, will do. Just tested one stick and same problem, on to other three. Only other thing on fans I noticed was cpu fan seemed to take 1-3s longer to start spinning on power up.

Edit: Well, both corsair sticks each just failed in memory slot one. 1 stick of Gskill booted fine into win7 in slot 1. Looks like 2 dead ram sticks.

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone have some ram recommendations for this board? I'm going to just buy a new 4gb set and use the current set of 1gb sticks in an old machine.

Last edited:
That RAM should be good for a return. Lifetime warranty.

If you are gonna buy anyhow, A-Data seems to make some of the most reliable stuff currently according to reviews on newegg. If you're gonna try to overclock, then that's different & varies.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but this seems to be a fairly common issue with these boards. I just got a brand new EP45-UD3P rev 1.6. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to post. Here's my relevant hardware:

Q6600
8 Gigs DDR2 800 Patriot Memory (runs at 2.0v)
HIS 4870 512
Enermax Infiniti 720 W PSU

All hardware was previously working in my prior motherboard.

Ok, now aside from that here's the rest of the hardware I have tried:

Pentium D 830, Patriot Viper RAM 800 (2.2v), Corsair 800 (2.1v), Kingston 512 667 MHz (1.8v), 7600 GT, 6600 GS.

I'm having the same endless reboot loop issues that everyone else is having, except I haven't been able to get it to post yet. It'll turn on for about 3 seconds, then power down, then power up for three seconds, then power down, over and over and over and over.

Here's what I've tried so far. Note that all this has been done OUTSIDE OF THE CASE so there's no chance for shorts. I've tried booting this thing with every configuration I can think of. I've tried various types of RAM as this seems to be the leading cause for this issue, however I can't even get it to boot with the Kingston RAM which of all the RAM I tried should be the most compatible (and yes, I have tried one stick of each brand one at a time in each slot). I've tried resetting the CMOS. I've tried changing CPU fans in case it wasn't registering my aftermarket cooler as present (used a standard Intel). I've also checked for bent pins. I've tried the video in the other pci-e slot.

I'm at my wits end here. I'm probably going to RMA the board, but I've heard of people who have done that only to end up with the same issues. I don't know what else to try. The ONLY thing I haven't tried is the PSU. I highly doubt that's what it is, based on the fact that it was JUST WORKING a few hours prior on another board AND it's a good quality PSU, especially to just power the board, cpu, some ram, and a cheap GPU. And yes, I've made sure the 8 pin +12 v CPU plug is in. Can anyone think of anything else to try?

This is a brand new board? Can you exchange it at the store? In my experience endless boot issues with Gigabyte are almost always ram. Have you tested those sticks out in another computer with memtest? Try a different PSU. Make sure the CMOS is totally reset by removing the battery for 30 minutes while having the jumper on the reset pins.

Other than that, it looks like you've tried everything that I can think of. I have the same board revision as well. Endless boot issues were with memory for me.

How long have you let it sit in the endless reboot loop. What this loop is, is actually the board trying out different settings to try to get your hardware to work. Sometimes if you let it go for a long time, it eventually finds a setting that does work.

The fan should have nothing to do with it. It should still post without the fan but the fan is a telltale sign of when you are in the endless reboot cycle as you can see it stutter and stop. It should also post without a videocard.

Last edited:
You're right, the fan shouldn't have anything to do with it, but I have seen it prevent boards from posting in the past.

So, I've tried some other things, but I think the board is just bad. Sending it back in for an RMA. Put everything back the way it was and it's working, so I know that it's not any of my components. Thanks for the tips. I'll have an update when I get the new board.

Back