Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3P motherboard

Do you you mean the hard drive does not go into sleep mode or windows does not? Are you running vista? I emailed gigabyte and they told me to check the memory modules one at a time. Because S3 resume in the bios goes to ram I guess. It's a pain in the a$$ removing modules from this board with the hard drives over the banks. So I am delaying doing this.

Do you you mean the hard drive does not go into sleep mode or windows does not? Are you running vista? I emailed gigabyte and they told me to check the memory modules one at a time. Because S3 resume in the bios goes to ram I guess. It's a pain in the a$$ removing modules from this board with the hard drives over the banks. So I am delaying doing this.

No clue about the HDD but Vista64 does not.

I know, given the sea of reviews calling for this board to be officially named the second coming, this board should be gold, but I have to say it's the worst board I've ever owned.....ever.

Didn't recognize any IDE hardware plugged into the IDE slot. Its a common issue according to google.

No chassis fan control. Seriously?

Tried DL'ing something from gigabyte.com? dial up speeds, if you're lucky. For that matter, try visiting the forum for help...oops, no forum.

Popular CPU cooler has to be modified to fit. (tuniq)

Overclocking. This board is suppose to OC well? Really? Won't take my E8400 past 3.65 stable, no matter what I do. I've tried every configuration I've seen/been instructed to try on this forum and ten others. Oh, and the same E8400 ran 4.0ghz 24/7 no problems.

issues with looping on boot.

I'm glad this board is just a hold me over until I see a deal on a X58 board and i7 920 I like.

I'm not trying to troll, and I know lots of people love the board, but sheesh, I think the farkin things junk. Low quality junk.

I guess, now that I think about it, the only thing I haven't tried is going from f8 to either f9 or f7.

Any recommendations?

I don't think the mobo is junk. While running windows XP, I had no problems at all. I recently installed an old IDE drive with no problems while running in along side my sata HD and DVD-rom. Vista has been the bugger for me but that is to be expected.

Yes, the GB site is a little slow on the downloads but I have nothing else to compare it to as this is my first build in years. I would assume it just means that they have alot of activity on their servers which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it would mean they have a large user base. But that is just my opinion.

As far as your OC'ing goes, that could be for numerous reasons. When I started my OC'ing quest, I thought it would be easier than it was. It required alot of reading, reviewing and find other users with the same setup as I had (which was not easy either). But in the end I am happy and thinking about building another system and using it as a server.

I know, given the sea of reviews calling for this board to be officially named the second coming, this board should be gold, but I have to say it's the worst board I've ever owned.....ever.

Didn't recognize any IDE hardware plugged into the IDE slot. Its a common issue according to google.

No chassis fan control. Seriously?

Tried DL'ing something from gigabyte.com? dial up speeds, if you're lucky. For that matter, try visiting the forum for help...oops, no forum.

Popular CPU cooler has to be modified to fit. (tuniq)

Overclocking. This board is suppose to OC well? Really? Won't take my E8400 past 3.65 stable, no matter what I do. I've tried every configuration I've seen/been instructed to try on this forum and ten others. Oh, and the same E8400 ran 4.0ghz 24/7 no problems.

issues with looping on boot.

I'm glad this board is just a hold me over until I see a deal on a X58 board and i7 920 I like.

I'm not trying to troll, and I know lots of people love the board, but sheesh, I think the farkin things junk. Low quality junk.
28 noobs later, does your name imply that you are a noob? lol
I would definitely try a different bios version and check out stability.
Also...what are the settings you are using for your E8400 - I have an E8500 doing 4.4Ghz stable on this board. Let me know your bios settings are for the cpu/ram, I may be able to pinpoint some things that can help.

Question!

Is it just me or is this how this specific board works?

Any fan I plug into the motherboard itself does not spin up right away. I would say it takes about a good second or two before it starts to spin up, plus fan starts spinning very slowly and to full speed.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!

How many people have gotten this board stable above 500FSB? Yes I've read the reviews, Anandtech, Hardware Canucks, etc. They've all been able to get well over 500FSB with multiple CPUs.

I however, can not. I've been OCing for 10 years now, and I have run custom water cooling for the past 3. I purchased the UD3P and transplanted my GSkill 1066 and E8400 from my previous Asus 650i board. On there, I was running 4.0Ghz all day for over 1 year at 1.38 Vcore (450x9). I got the UD3P since it was achieving >500 FSB speeds from all the reviews.

After playing with this board for 5-6 hours, the best I can get (boot into windows, NOT stable) is 500x7. For whatever reason, 500x8 isn't stable even though my processor is capable of 4.0Ghz as I ran it 24/7 for over a year on the Asus board.

I've read everything I can find on this board, tweaktown, [H] forums, Anandtech, Hardware Canucks, Xtreme Systems, OC club, etc. I've manually set every voltage setting and tweaked all of them after a failed OC. I've pumped the MCH with 1.6+ Volts and it's still unstable as hell. Assume my CPU and Memory are flawless at 4.0Ghz and 1066 5-5-5-15 2T, can anyone here provide reasons why I can't get above 500mhz no matter how low my multiplier is (6x) or how many volts I pump into the MCH (temps are fine). My numbers are below.

Water cooled CPU and NB with 3x 120mm fans blowing directly on the rest of the mobo
Assume all temps are well within spec (not really an issue, CPU isn't on long enough to produce much heat but the numbers are always low regardless)
F7 BIOS (also tired F8 and F9, all seem to be the same OCing wise)
VCore: 1.43
PLL: 1.59
VTT: 1.40
MCH: 1.5
ICH: 1.4
VDimm: 2.100 (rated at 2.1)

Did I get a bad board that just can't do 500FSB or over? I realize there is variance in CPUs when overclocking but is there really a huge variance in mobos also? Please and thank you for any advice.

I compltely understand . I have a the new rev 1.6 board and cant get 535 stable. I am running 475 fsb with

1.2vtt
1.5 pll
cpu v 1.4
1.2 mch
I believe its reff or gtl's set wrong..needs the correct settings But i am so tired of failed attempts.

I just bought the ud3r and was wondering if I need some cooling for the NB? it's going in a p180b case and my CPU Is watercooled.

I just bought the ud3r and was wondering if I need some cooling for the NB? it's going in a p180b case and my CPU Is watercooled.

I asked this same question when I first purchased mine and the answer was no. But if you wanted to, you could always put a fan on top of the NB using a twist tie or something to secure it for extra cooling if you are going to be majorly OC'ing.

4.0 GHz at 1.3 Vcore and it doesn't even break a sweat. The UD3P is easily the best Intel board I have had the pleasure of working with.

Nice, I think I'm just going to put mx-2 on the northbridge and hold off on the nb hsf unless the temps are just out of control.

4.0 GHz at 1.3 Vcore and it doesn't even break a sweat. The UD3P is easily the best Intel board I have had the pleasure of working with.

X2.. I have been playing with computers for a long time and this board is one of the best I have used..

366024hrnoerrors.jpg

3600.jpg

mchreference07564hrs.jpg

mchrefeence756vsuperpi.jpg

mchreference0756v.jpg

mchreference0756vnewest.jpg

Untitledjpgnewest3660MHz-1.jpg

Just finished my re-build. Replaced my old p5k with a new UD3P. Booted went to bios set it up and booted to Windows. 4.32 9 x 480.... gotta love it. This board seems to be solid, it's a rev 1.6. We'll see... as soon as I get familiar with the bios settings, maybe see a 4.5??? :eek: Time will tell.......

Just got my ga-ep45-ud3p v1.6 a couple days ago. Working on max fsb with my Q6600 right now.... so many more voltage options than my old p35 board.... getting there though. Up to 470fsb so far. Hope to get past 500 with some more tweaking.

edit: 490fsb so far... will add more later. Time to go to bed.

edit2: Looks like 490fsb is the limit for my Q6600. Could be some setting I am overlooking, but I tried a bunch of different stuff and it is not stable at all above 490fsb.

Last edited:
Does any one have experience with the ep45-ds4p and ep45-extreme? How do they compare with this board in terms of overclocking? They are more expensive at my local shop (and at newegg it seems) but are they worth the extra expense?

Last edited:
I have just bought one of these and installed it, everything works fine except for one annoyance.

When i power up the pc or hit restart by internal mobo speaker makes a click sound as power hits the board on both cold boot and restart, so what happens is i hit the power button and i hear *tick* then normal *beep* then all is as normal, same when i hit reset *tick* then *beep* as normal, does anyone here get the *tick* from the internal speaker at these times or is my board wak? oh yeah i forgot to mention it makes the single *click* as i power down too, and yes it's definately the internal speaker as i have this rig setup on top of the mobo box with the speaker attached to the headers on the mobo. Also those little row of lights next to the cpu socket al lightup at the times this *tick* sound is evident, thought i'd mention that as well.

If i could get some feedback on this that would be great, cheers :)

HOLY CRAP...

I just removed the blue plates from the NB/MOSF heatsink. That gunk was a BITCH to remove. I might get another one of these boards so does anyone have any tips on getting that gunk off easier?

Also, while doing this I noticed that the mounting holes for the CPU heatsink look to be a little damaged. I don't see any bad traces, but this was a brand new board out of the box. Crap QC if you ask me. Haven't tested it yet, but we will see. I would take pictures, but the wife took the camera to the Rascal Flats concert tonight.

I need some help with my configuration. Am I supposed to put the ram in 1 & 3? When I try that, the computer won't boot at all. Can't even get to the bios. I tried both sticks in slot 1 and they both work. Do I need to adjust the voltage?

Currently I have the ram in slots 1 & 2 and it boots but windows only recognizes it as 3.25GB and it doesn't seem to be running as dual channel.

I've got Mushkin 2Gx2 996599: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

And of course, I also have the GA-EP45-UD3P

Been awhile since I built my last computer so any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I now realize that 3.25 is a win xp limitation...lame.

Last edited:
I have had my UD3R running my Q9300 at 400*7.5 on 1.1v since mid December last year. Not a single hiccup on Vista x64, it's crazy seeing the Reliability rating staying maxed out at 10 with all the crap I do. The occasional IE crash thanks to Microshaft, and some buggy freeware is all that has crashed.

Q9300@400*7.5 1.1v
4*2 GB G.Skill PC8500 1.9v
GTX260 stock
All voltages are at default.

I have had the FSB to 500mhz when I first got this board, just playing around really, it took a bump in voltage of course, but it never complained. I never tried anything higher because I like things to stay cool and quiet anyway, and I knew I would be at 3.00ghz for everyday use. Here is a good message board for Gigabyte...

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/

Well I have determined that my board is bad. DDR2_2 does not work. I RMA'd it. Crossing fingers that the replacement is fine.

Running F10e here.
Haven't really noticed it "better"
Might have no usb mouse detection VERY occasionally....the odd time though never had it before on other bios.

AHH...Note mouse usb plug was almost out of mb socket...fixed.

Last edited:
F10e rocks! System feels more stable but could be the Win7. Also sleep is working with Win7 and If i remember right this board has an issue with that?

I've got this MB and it's been nothing but a giant headache, keeps killing new disks... I've got the F7 BIOS, I suppose I need to upgrade? What's the best way to do that without a floppy?

I've got this MB and it's been nothing but a giant headache, keeps killing new disks... I've got the F7 BIOS, I suppose I need to upgrade? What's the best way to do that without a floppy?

How about using a flash drive?

The mobo is killing your hard drives? Did you try a different PSU? My F7 had no issues with this. You can flash these boards easily by putting the rom file on a Fat32 formatted USB drive. Plug it in and go into the bios... press F8 and choose I believe HD 0-0 should be the usb drive. There is an F10F bios out now also. I put it on another machine and we have had no issues with it so far. This board rocks.

I need some help with my configuration. Am I supposed to put the ram in 1 & 3? When I try that, the computer won't boot at all. Can't even get to the bios. I tried both sticks in slot 1 and they both work. Do I need to adjust the voltage?

Currently I have the ram in slots 1 & 2 and it boots but windows only recognizes it as 3.25GB and it doesn't seem to be running as dual channel.

I've got Mushkin 2Gx2 996599: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

And of course, I also have the GA-EP45-UD3P

Been awhile since I built my last computer so any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I now realize that 3.25 is a win xp limitation...lame.

I had trouble getting my system to run stable with RAM in slots 1 & 3. I moved them to 2 & 4 and everything was all better. I've read other people having the same issue.

I have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

I do have another problem, though, and it may be Windows 7 related. I have 2 mirror arrays, both on the yellow plugs. One for OS and one for data. Starting last night, I get constant hard disk access. I can't tell which array it's on for sure, but I think data. It's a continual series of short bursts to the hard drive. In addition to being really annoying sounding, it slows things down like watching videos.

When I get home tonight I'm going to try updating the chipset driver, I read somewhere where that worked. But if someone else knows something to try I'd be happy to hear it.

It turns out my problem was a faulty HDD. I took it back to Fry's for a replacement today and now both of my arrays purr like kittens.

Just got my ga-ep45-ud3p v1.6 a couple days ago. Working on max fsb with my Q6600 right now.... so many more voltage options than my old p35 board.... getting there though. Up to 470fsb so far. Hope to get past 500 with some more tweaking.

edit: 490fsb so far... will add more later. Time to go to bed.

edit2: Looks like 490fsb is the limit for my Q6600. Could be some setting I am overlooking, but I tried a bunch of different stuff and it is not stable at all above 490fsb.

Hi, this is just the info I was looking for. Could you possibly post the voltages you had to set it to to achieve your fantasic O.C.? How stable is that O.C.? My ga-ep-ud3p should be arriving today to replace my failing IP35Pro that I overcocked my G0-Q6600 to 3.6 on air using a lapped cpu and TRUE heatsink. I have 2x2G of Corsair Dominator 1066 RAM for some extra headroom (used to run Corsair 800). Any starting voltages and any other info. you can give about how the G0-6600 O.C.'d on this board would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, this is just the info I was looking for. Could you possibly post the voltages you had to set it to to achieve your fantasic O.C.? How stable is that O.C.? My ga-ep-ud3p should be arriving today to replace my failing IP35Pro that I overcocked my G0-Q6600 to 3.6 on air using a lapped cpu and TRUE heatsink. I have 2x2G of Corsair Dominator 1066 RAM for some extra headroom (used to run Corsair 800). Any starting voltages and any other info. you can give about how the G0-6600 O.C.'d on this board would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Right now I am runinng at 480fsb as 490 is too high for my processor to handle at an 8x multiplier.... at least with the temps I am willing to run it at anyway.

I have to go do a job in a couple minutes, but I will write down my BIOS settings and post them here after I get back.

Here are my current BIOS settings for 3.84Ghz at 480x8.

Robust Graphics Booster - Turbo
PCI-E - 100
CIA2 - disabled

[Advanced Clock Control ]
CPU Clock Drive - 800mv
PCI-E Clock Drive - 700mv
CPU clock Skew - 0ps
MCH Clock Skew - 200ps

[DRAM Performance Control]
Performance Enhance - Turbo
XMP - disabled
MCH Frequency Latch - 333Mhz
System Memory Multiplier (SPD) 2.00B (1:1 for the 333Mhz MCH Latch)

[MB Voltage Control]
Load Line Calibration - Enabled
CPU Vcore - 1.425 (stock is 1.2625 for my chip)
CPU Termination - 1.280
CPU PLL - 1.590
MCH Core - 1.340
MCH Reference - 0.850
MCH/DRAM Reference - 1.100
ICH I/O - 1.610
ICH Core - 1.200

Make sure to set your RAM timings and voltages manually as the board will NOT detect them properly.

One other reason I am not running a 490fsb is because I was having issues with it not posting. I would have to unplug it while it was continuosly restarting, wait a couple seconds, and then plug the power back in. After that it would boot fine.... so strange.

I have been running it at these current settings for a couple months now and haven't had a single lockup, reboot, etc. Stable as can be.

Back