Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3P motherboard

Yea i fell in love with the UD3R when i saw it. $119 bucks. I plan on getting one within the month. Can't wait. I can't wait for some sort of review on either of them. I've searched all over the net but i guess not many people have them yet.

Getting one from Newegg, should be here before the end of the week as well.

I bought Asus P5Q Pro, then second later the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P came available. Still havent decided whether or not to return it for the Gigabyte. But damn price went up on Gigabyte $137 + shipping, day before was $129 with free shipping. :(
http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?p=3346972

Yea i'm gonna be an unhappy camper if the price of the UD3R goes up. I wonder why the UD3P decided to get a 7 dollar price boost.

I had ordered a P5Q deluxe and about 20 minutes later decided to get the EP-45-UD3P instead. So cancelled that newegg order and got the Gigabyte. I'll let everyone know in a few days how it is.

Yeah , just got mine in the mail today. Now I have to decide if I want to start switching MB's today or wait for the weekend.

,Josh

This board looks like its a monster from what I have been reading on Xtreme. I think this is the next board for me.

I gave in and installed the ud3p. I am trying to cheat and use my previous vista intall, since I am upgrading from a ds3l and almost everything is the same. So far so good.

Josh

I gave in and installed the ud3p. I am trying to cheat and use my previous vista intall, since I am upgrading from a ds3l and almost everything is the same. So far so good.

Josh

From one Josh to another.....did you just install the ICH10 chipset drivers over the ICH9? or what was your process?

I'm not going to do a clean install on mine either, no need, plus my drive with the image also has the ICH9 drivers.

I just put the gigabyte disc in and installed the chipset drivers. Most of the other drivers were grayed out do to them already being installed from the previous install. I had to reinstall my graphics driver but that gave me the chance to upgrade to cat 8.9's.
The computer is still finding "new" stuff so there is alot of restarts. Im not positive im out of the woods yet though. Still have to stress test.
My internet worked right away which is a good sign. I'm typing this on my laptop and installing stuff on the ud3p right now.

Great, glad to hear your up and running ;) How does your northbridge feel to the touch? I'm coming from an X48 and was very curious about that.

The Northbridge feels cool. There is a thin blue sheet metal cover that is over the actual sink so It might be misleading. I had furmark on for about two minutes and had a finger on the cover and it barely felt warm. Although i have about 12 fans blowing air around so it take alot for my stuff to get real hot.

Josh

I have this motherboard coming in.

Does it look like its easy to pop off the cover on the NB to mount a 40mm fan?

I assume there is a way to do it. It felt pretty "on there". Some needle nose plyers would probably do the trick. I would give the stock solution a chance before you change it. 40mm fans can be quite annoying if they are high speed.

Update: All is going suprisingly well. I keep waiting for a crash or hiccup. All I did was go into the bios and wing it with the basic setings. Tomorrow I will go back in and see what this baby can do.

Josh

CD2 8400
giga P45-UD3P
visiontek 4850
corsair 520 P/S
Mountain Mods UFO case- White w/ black components

Quick update before bed. Went into bios, said what the hell, lets try 6*500fsb. Restarted and Viola ,windows starts just fine . Tried a few minutes of FUR and Orthos with no troubles. Tomorrow I will try to up cpu speed and test more throughly.

Josh

running Gskill pc8000 1:1

I just took the plunge and ordered one from the Egg. When it gets here will go with the system in my sig. I will see how high I can take that E8400.

There is a $20 rebate again on this Gigabyte and and free ship (117 all total). The Asus P5Q-E is also 123 and free ship with this code: EMCBABECC

The gigabyte board shows a lot of potential, the Asus from what I've read some users have a hard time getting 500mhz... :( I liked the layout better too.

O well, does anyone know the difference between the ud3r and ud3p besides one having no crossfire but one more pci slot, and no dual lan?

I rather save $20 then spend the extra on crossfire and dual lan on te R version.

Theres also a base UD3 version with no mofset heatsink and basic looking NB and SB heatsinks, and no RAID, but i guess they haven't released it yet. It may be under $100 bucks.

But as far as i know, the only difference between the R and P versions is what you've listed above, and i believe the P model supports Dolby Home Theatre.

Great lookin' boards. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Any impressions on Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3P yet, good or bad?
I'm still trying to decide to send back Asus P5Q Pro for it

Grrr I bit, and got the UD3P version too, got an E8400 along with it from the forum last night.

Any impressions on Gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3P yet, good or bad?]

The first impressions over at Xtreme seem to be good ones.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203272

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203785

I suppose more info will trickle in as more of us get the board. I won't have mine till friday. I also await some web reviews, which I am sure will pop up soon. Maybe less reviews then normal though since we are so close to a new chipset and proc launch.

Maybe less reviews then normal though since we are so close to a new chipset and proc launch.

I've noticed flow of threads in forums has been at a crawl. I've never had such a hard time churning up info and answers to posts,

This board does 500fsb easy. stable all day long. I've also booted into 533 but I still need to learn more about all the setting before I can get it perfectly stable. I've been out of the OC loop for awhile and need to read up on voltages.
BTW I wrote this message while running orthos and superpi. 7.5*500=3750.

Josh (53oval)

Very nice. I just noticed newegg has some nice Combo's with both of these boards now and a freen flash drive as well.

One of Gigabyte's best mobos yet. I'm thinking of this mobo for my new PC.

Being the energy efficient and low power consumption man that I am, this UD3 board is a for sure buy.

So, with this being a crossfire supported board, would it be retarded to get a GTX 260 for it? Or, should I just save up for x2 4870s?

Is it worth it to crossfire on this board, since it only runs 8 by 8 instead of 16 by 16 like the X38 chipsets?

NVM, very promising performance shown here in crossfire for a P45 chipset, and isn't this rev A2 of the P45 chipset too?

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=761

Barely behind the X38 / x48 chipsets scaling with the HD4850.... and cost way less and the difference is there but only a few percent...

I wonder if this board will match the X38 using a newer revision of the P45 chipset... ( saw this on xtremesystems, confirmed with cpu-z ).

So, with this being a crossfire supported board, would it be retarded to get a GTX 260 for it? Or, should I just save up for x2 4870s?

If your and Nvidia man, just get the (R) version for support of only one GPU, unless you'd prefer the option of crossfire in the future, and dual lan.

Back