Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H and W7 setup with SATA

Flybye

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So Ive been fighting with this all night and would like your opinions on this.

Setup:
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4150#ov

i3 2120
Seagate 1gb
16GB of G.Skill RipJaws
500w psu

After I install W7 64bit (disc doesnt have sp1) and create my username and pw, and reboot, the system never gets back into windows. I see bios screen, cursor on top left, and system reboots and stays stuck in this loop.

I know this mb has a SATA Preinstall driver. The problem with this driver is when I F6 it to install it during setup, I get error "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unstable Windows install." I never get any type of driver successfully setup message. I know this W7 disc works because I had successfully installed it on an old laptop.

So Ive tried installing this 4 ways:
With bios SATA in IDE mode (with and without driver install)
With bios SATA in AHCI mode (with and without driver install)

For giggles Ive also tried:
Swapping SATA ports
Forcing the hd to first bootup device
Tried the install on a 160gb and 1TB drive

and results are always the same. W7 completes its install, reboots several times, at the very end when I enter my user name pw, it reboots one more time and it never makes it back into windows. It just gets stuck in this reboot loop.

Im about to try Windows 10 on it since it doesnt look like it needs a SATA preinstall driver. I dont think its any type of hardware failure and is coming down to that SATA driver not installing itself, but then why would W7 install itself with no hiccups until the very end when it finishes the install? What do you guys think?

Well......W10 installed flawlessly. I might as well stay with it. Odd that the sata driver doesnt install with W7. Guess I wont worry about it. :)

Shouldn't need to install any drivers during as the generic microsoft AHCI driver works fine for installing Windows.

Back