Gigabyte Factory Tour

Once the Motherboard gets dated in say 5 years or less lots of ewaste....

Old video but still pretty cool 400k MBs a month is pretty heavy volume.

Watching this manufacturing process is fascinating. Long story short, about 1980, I worked in a disk drive company that did all its manufacturing locally, so once I visited the factory. I saw this 130' long "wave soldering" machine. I don't remember if the circuit board was stuffed by machine but device pin spacing was much greater than it is today,
It was quite interesting (to me, at least) to see the optical inspection of components to see if they were properly installed.

I am really a software person, so I have no idea of modern electronic hardware manufacturing,

Watching this manufacturing process is fascinating. Long story short, about 1980, I worked in a disk drive company that did all its manufacturing locally, so once I visited the factory. I saw this 130' long "wave soldering" machine. I don't remember if the circuit board was stuffed by machine but device pin spacing was much greater than it is today,
It was quite interesting (to me, at least) to see the optical inspection of components to see if they were properly installed.

I am really a software person, so I have no idea of modern electronic hardware manufacturing,

What brand of Floppy Disks did you make I use some Verbatims for a Summer class on programming on Apple II e.

Drives are cool in their own right made those slithering reading sounds.
And aside from oddball models like Iomega, the largest capacity drive was a 2.88 MB 3.5" model. Compared to today's USB drives, this drive doesn't even merit a ROTFLMAO for capacity, access times or transfer rate.

I owned a Iomega I had like two of them Zip Drives I had all my Warez on them and Shareware =)
I use a USB-C adapter to SSD adapter for outside files now with a few spare Sata SSDs and USBs.

Back