gigabyte ex58-ud4p won't boot, help!

cinohpa

Limp Gawd
Alright so I am working on a new build with a gigabyte ex58 ud4p and a hd 4890.

When I go to power the system on, 50% pf the time, all I get is one beep and then the machine turns off.

Maybe 40% of the time I get the post code for a grahpics/monitor error

and 10% of the time the machine just kind of beeps unintelligably with something that doesn't match an error code then turns off.

By "turning on" I mean the fans and lights go on.

I tried swapping in a different, working gpu (it's running in another machine right now), I tried reseating and trying each of the ram sticks individually.

I've checked connections on the mobo.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks.

do you have a different psu to try? by chance. check the cables make sure all the way plugged in? bad power cord cable for the psu?

Does the motherboard LED readout give you a specific error code?

Ill tell you something that happened with my ep45-ud3r i just put together to replace my previous gigabyte board last week.

The board will not run in dual channel mode, it will not boot, it will just keep cycling off and on with no video signal/blank screen with all fans blaring. The only way to run it is with the memory in banks 1 and 2, and not 1 and 3 like you normally would in dual channel.

If you have a stick in bank 3 or 4 pull em out and see if thats the prob.

this is a common issue with my board and i would not doubt its the same thing in the next versions up

Back