GIGABYTE Enables Support for Intel Next-Gen CPUs

HardOCP News

[H] News
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, is proud to announce support for Intel’s next-generation LGA 1151 socket processors. Compatibility for the entire line-up of Z170, H170, B150 and H110 series motherboards are available with a simple BIOS update. With multiple ways to update a GIGABYTE Motherboard users can rest at ease knowing that this update can be completed with little to no effort. One popular method for users to flash the BIOS would be to leverage the world renowned Q-Flash, this feature directly in the BIOS allows users to flash the firmware from a USB drive after they’ve downloaded the most updated BIOS into the flash drive.

Another alternative for users, if using a flagship motherboard such as the Z170X-Gaming G1 would be to flash their BIOS with Q-Flash Plus, allowing users to do so without the need to have the CPU or memory installed. These BIOS updates can be downloaded from the GIGABYTE website for users to flash on to their 100 series motherboards. GIGABYTE engineers have tested and validated all GIGABYTE 100 series motherboards to ensure users will have optimal performance and compatibility for the latest Intel® Core™ Processors. For BIOS update information please see the table below.

Just updated my Z170N Gaming 5 mother board, this bios was a Beta but it redid the UI in the bios. Much nicer, also looks like graphics is supported now on the Thunderbird USB output which was not before. Nothing to test the Thunderbird output with. The fan speeds now have a interactive graph where you can use the mouse to control the cpu or system fan speeds based upon temperature - really cool! More then just Canyon Lake Processors here.

These cpu's making it out this year or we going to have to wait till late january?

After reading noko's post my mind went blank for a second ... what's a thunderbird port? :-P

After reading noko's post my mind went blank for a second ... what's a thunderbird port? :-P
lol, Thunderbolt I meant. Suppose to be USB 3.1 and DisplayPort 1.2 in one connector. I just don't know how well it works since I've have not seen that many reviews or tests done with it and there are only a few monitors out there that accept it. Plus I am not sure if you can use it with graphics coming from a discrete GPU and not just limited with the built in iGPU in the cpu.

lol, Thunderbolt I meant. Suppose to be USB 3.1 and DisplayPort 1.2 in one connector. I just don't know how well it works since I've have not seen that many reviews or tests done with it and there are only a few monitors out there that accept it. Plus I am not sure if you can use it with graphics coming from a discrete GPU and not just limited with the built in iGPU in the cpu.

Thunderbolt™ 3 – The USB-C That Does It All | Thunderbolt Technology Community
Thunderbolt (interface) - Wikipedia

You will be able to test it under HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2 with each respective cable adapter. iGPU.

F20d still in beta for my Gaming 7 board. Wonder when stable will be released. I think I'm still rocking build F4.

Thunderbolt™ 3 – The USB-C That Does It All | Thunderbolt Technology Community
Thunderbolt (interface) - Wikipedia

You will be able to test it under HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2 with each respective cable adapter. iGPU.

What caught my eye is 120hz 4K monitors it will support - all on the iGPU? :LOL:. Only iGPU that I think would even remotely be able to do something game wise (still not made yet )in 4k would be a Zen/Vega apu with HBM2 memory attached to it (Xbox next level). That is if AMD even will supports Thunderbolt.

I tried BIOS F20b on a Z170X-ud5. It made my onboard network card (Intel 211) appear as a removeable device in the Safely Remove Hardware system icon. Weird... Went back to F5 and it's back to normal.

The new interface is nice. Don't need Kaby Lake support for now, so I'll wait until the BIOS is out of beta.

I tried BIOS F20b on a Z170X-ud5. It made my onboard network card (Intel 211) appear as a removeable device in the Safely Remove Hardware system icon. Weird... Went back to F5 and it's back to normal.

The new interface is nice. Don't need Kaby Lake support for now, so I'll wait until the BIOS is out of beta.
Hello, Gigabyte got F20 release
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=6028#bios
do you get the same problem with intel 211 lan chipset as removable hardware?

Whoa you can't roll back to earlier bios if you go F20? That's risky isn't it?

I missed this thread but actually came across the BIOS update on their site for my Z170X-UD3 last night, I was installing some new 3200mhz CL14 RAM and wanted to make sure I had the most current BIOS. I haven't tried the new one yet, but since people are saying that it has a new interface I might check it out now.

Back