Gigabyte EasyTune ok to OC with?

sugosugita

[H]ard|Gawd
As far as I can tell it's a somewhat playskool way of OCing without wading into the BIOS and messing with stuff manually.

What's the general opinion? good? bad? ok?

Don't have a gigabyte, but I generally would recommend overclocking in the BIOS.

Easytune is ok and in saying that it is just "okay". It is better sure if you know how to and want to go through the trouble of researching how to do it properly, but many dont have the time or the will or the knowledge to do it right. Good on Gigabyte to make an application to make it easy, but if you do have the knowledge or patience to do it yourself, you will virtually always come out with a better overclock if you tweak it yourself.

ya, you can try the 3 presets, and if that is all you want, and they work and are stable, then you are gold. If however you are not stable, then I would go to the bios, reset it and start from there. Overall the tool seems to have conservative settings and the memory voltages may be lower than what is necessary.

and by stable you mean pass an 8-ish hour prime95 test or something similar?

It's more of an aid in making small adjustments and testing while within Windows, rather than having to restart every time.

For final overclocks, I'd suggest always using BIOS settings.

It's more of an aid in making small adjustments and testing while within Windows, rather than having to restart every time.

For final overclocks, I'd suggest always using BIOS settings.

+1 This is how I've used it in the past. Ideally it could save you some time on getting started.

Back