Gigabyte B450 - BIOS Not Reporting SYS1 Fan Speed - SOLVED - Bad Fan Hub

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I just noticed that the BIOS is no longer reporting the Sys 1 fan speeds. It's reporting CPU fan speed,

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro
It has one CPU and one SYS fan header (ITX board)

I also just updated the BIOS from F50 to the lasted, which is F62d.

Sadly, I don't know if the BIOS was what caused this or not.

At first I thought it might be a Windows update. However, the BIOS itself is not reporting sys fan 1 speed.

Can you reinstall an old BIOS in Gig 450 boards? If so I'll re-flash the F50 and see if that does it.

TIA

Yes you can unless the update notes specifically say you can't roll back.

If the fan is definitely spinning, check the wires for damage.

Iirc, you can go back from some firmware versions, but after a microcode update it is dangerous, because certain features implemented in the firmware may be different or absent in older versions. Even without the microcode updates, some on device firmwares are updated with the MB firmware, so going back can break functionality there, too.

Ehh, reverting sounds risky. Cables are fine but I am running a Silverstone Fan Hub for sys 1 fans (CPU Fan speed is actually my pump plugged directly into the CPU fan header, adn it's reporting normally. I'm going to plug a fan directly into the header and see if the BIOS picks it up. If so, then I know it's the fan hub.

Ehh, reverting sounds risky. Cables are fine but I am running a Silverstone Fan Hub for sys 1 fans (CPU Fan speed is actually my pump plugged directly into the CPU fan header, adn it's reporting normally. I'm going to plug a fan directly into the header and see if the BIOS picks it up. If so, then I know it's the fan hub.
Likely the hub. Most only report the speed from one fan (if they send any signal back at all)

Back