Gigabyte AUROS X570 ULTRA - No poweron - No boot - Nothing

sadokbilla

n00b
Hello Forum!
I read tons of discussion here about the "problem" related to AORUS X570 MB (various model) with the proposed solution that worked for someone before posting, nothing worked for me.
My problem is similar (or identical) to many other I read. Basically I received yesterday my AORUS ULTRA MB and as I tried to update the bios via usb, nothing happened.
I tried firstly without installing CPU or Ram, just the MB power cable (with or without the 4+4 CPU pin).
Then I tried with CPU (New Ryzen 7) - RAM (Gskill Trident Z) - GPU (xfx 5700xt), nothing happened.
The PSU is a SilentStorm Cool Zero 750W, I'm sure it's working since I tried it with my "Old prev PC" and it booted up.
When I switch on the PSU, the RGB led in the MB lights on for 1 microsecond then nothing. (Other informational led, cpu - gpu etc. do not light up ever)
I tried to take out the battery on MB, resetting the CMOS, nothing.
The only strange thing is this: when I try to switch on the MB WITH the Dimm inserted (two 16gb Gskill Trident Z) the led on the dimm power on and remain lighted until I switch off the PSU.
Neither the CPU FAN nor the GPU FAN work. They remain still.

I thought that probably the MB could need the Case poweron switch (NZXT H510) to be connected and "pushed", but nothing worked.

I do not know what else to try, I will do a RMA with Amazon, but since the card is still here I would ask help to you guys.

Is there something I could try?

Thank you so much for any help,

Luca

Check this thread out (if you haven't already).

Also, make sure your ram is in the A2/B2 slots.

Already did unfotunately.
The DIMM were in the correct slots. The strange thing is that the only thing that light up and remain lighted on are the DIMM. Nothing else. No fans, no rgb light on MB, nothing.

uh mine did a no power on(video) to monitor but everything lit up. I ended up unplugging everything and unseating then reseating the cpu and that fixed it. rock solid running with pretty much the same ram((trident z neo 3600 cl 18) burner says its bdie though even though reviews I've been reading have been saying hynix. are the neos a mixed batch of just dimms matched to run with ryzen or a select line from a manuf. for stability?)) at xmp and all core 4.1 on a 3800x so far. Is this a very common issue with these? because mine did some weird shit that went away and hasn't came back. like I said rock solid on civ 6 and bannerlord with a gtx 960.

Last edited:
pull the battery, hit the power button a few times to clear any residual charge then tear it all apart, even take the cpu out. "reassemble" outside of the case and reconnect just the psu, cpu and one stick of ram. put the battery back in and see if you can get it to post.

Back