Gigabyte Auros Master Z390 - USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED??!!!

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

Just finished installing a bran new Gigabyte Auros Master Z390 motherboard and installed Windows 10 on it. Got the usual device installation errors in device manager with a new board but still getting 'USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED - Port Reset Failed'. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the devices but can not get rid of that error! Do I have a bad board??!!

Thanks

Hi,

Just finished installing a bran new Gigabyte Auros Master Z390 motherboard and installed Windows 10 on it. Got the usual device installation errors in device manager with a new board but still getting 'USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED - Port Reset Failed'. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the devices but can not get rid of that error! Do I have a bad board??!!

Thanks

Have you tried uninstalling literally every USB controller via the device manager?

Yes I have. I have tried everything short of buying a professional driver cleaning tool. Wonder if theres any way in Ubuntu to verify. In any case I have narrowed it down to the USB 3.1 type C port.

I would return it but Microcenter sold out of all of them!

Not that I use the type - C port. I could ignore it but its driving my OCD crazy!

Thanks

Seems like an USB Hub 5 1/4 bay drive was causing the issue. The weird thing is I had removed it and still got the error but no more on 2nd try. Weird.

Back