Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 2080 Ti - 2 pcie white leds

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.
Gigabyte 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce Xtreme

The LED lights are located above the PCIe power connectors on the card.

When card is underload i can see white lights near pcie 2 connectors. Not blinking. Just white lights continuously. No problem in stability,clocks are normal.

Psu is Seasonic ULTRA TX 750W Platinum. Anybody have the same card?

Card is plugged by 2 separate pcie cables. a

They're indicating that they have power. It's just a quick way to see if you're having power issues. If they're not lit then there's a problem. My STRIX GTX 970 had the same feature.

I tested all games no issues. PErfect performance :) But i was thinking that on Aorus white leds meaning power issues. Anyway no worry?

I tested all games no issues. PErfect performance :) But i was thinking that on Aorus white leds meaning power issues. Anyway no worry?
Like I said, if the lights were not illuminated then there would be an issue. If you look you'll notice there is also a light under the primary PCI-E x16 slot on your motherboard and this indicates good power going to the slot in the same way. If you want to inform an observer of power issues, how are you going to illuminate something that requires power to do so with no power coming in?

Hey last question.But according to AORUS white leds lightning continuosly means that there is no power LOL. So i guess its bug with RGB . Both two white lights are not blinking. They just lightning continuously. Card working ok.

Hey last question.But according to AORUS white leds lightning continuosly means that there is no power LOL. So i guess its bug with RGB . Both two white lights are not blinking. They just lightning continuously. Card working ok.
Just making sure:
The two power cables you have plugged in are the 6+2 cables that were included with the power supply, yes? You're not using either of the 4+4 cables on the video card, are you?

IDK, then. Weird that Gigabyte would do this backward. Seems like the behavior of the PCI-E lights being inconsistent is a common thing looking around. I wouldn't worry about unless the card was not performing as expected.

I am testing now Unigine Valley. No issues but they are still on white light. Weird.

HEY! I restarted pc and now logo on gpu are moving and no white lights near 2 pcie connectors. So no worries?

So. The power led indicators light up for some reason and do not turn off until i restart pc. After restarting PC, they do not light up. At the same time, the logo stopts to play with colors, and burns constantly.
Even if I load the card heavily, the indicators do not turn on.

It happens sometimes on loading screen in 3dmark Port Royal. Also performance and clocks are not affected. Just that 2 constant power led white lights and gpu aorus logo stuck on 1 colour.

When i reboot pc ,gpu logo is changing again colours and i dont see that power led pcie 2 white colours.

Can i ignore this??

Ok i resolved. I know why that happens sometimes in 3dmark loading screen time spy or port royal. because card is hitting power limit ( green on gpuz ) and then card pop up that 2 white lights. Nothing to worry about. I think its bios or something. anyway thx

Back