GIGABYTE AORUS P850W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
GIGABYTE AORUS P850W Power Supply Review

It has been over two years since we did our one and only power supply review with the GIGABYTE namesake. GIGABYTE is once again stepping up to the plate, this time with an AORUS branded unit, which tells us it is supposed to be "POWER OVERWHELMING." This unit comes from a relatively unknown OEM, so how will this AORUS stack up?

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

Nice review.
Very impressive results and if the warranty for the US region is 10 years then even more so deserving of the [H] Gold award.

Paul_Johnson
Do you have pictures of the cables unbound and spread out so we can see the issue with them better? The picture I found on the Gigabyte product page is a bad angle, it is hard to tell how long the cap is from the connector.

*EDIT*
Looking at the pictures in the review again I can see that these caps are about 1.5 to 2 inches from the connector. I just had to look a bit closer and I am more awake now.

Last edited:
Nice review.
Very impressive results and if the warranty for the US region is 10 years then even more so deserving of the [H] Gold award.

Paul_Johnson
Do you have pictures of the cables unbound and spread out so we can see the issue with them better? The picture I found on the Gigabyte product page is a bad angle, it is hard to tell how long the cap is from the connector.

*EDIT*
Looking at the pictures in the review again I can see that these caps are about 1.5 to 2 inches from the connector. I just had to look a bit closer and I am more awake now.

Yes they are about 2 inches or so long running from the connector. They are a total pain in the ass.

Back