Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G - $660 shipped - Massdrop - YMMV

These are nice cards, but they are HUGE. They are very long, and they take up nearly 3 full PCIe slots. 2.5 for sure.

Dont buy it, the SAG is real! Unless you have something to prop the card it will Sag and bend your PCIe slot overtime. This and the Zotac cards will Sag, theyre heavy.

23 purchased, price is at $650. Ships July 26, about the same time as the Vega launch.

Unless you have something to prop the card it will Sag and bend your PCIe slot overtime.

Zip ties, rubber bands, fishing line...you need to think [H]ard :)

I bit for one. It's been just over a year since I got my 1080, and I can trickle that down to another system.

Last edited:
Dont buy it, the SAG is real! Unless you have something to prop the card it will Sag and bend your PCIe slot overtime. This and the Zotac cards will Sag, theyre heavy.

If only there was a way to secure the card to the rear of the case using screws or something so that the PCIe slot wasn't supporting the card's weight by itself...

I own the AORUS Xtreme edition and yes it's a heavy beast of a card, but it's only going to sag so much due to the end of the card being anchored to the case. Unlike women, it doesn't get saggier over time. :)

23 purchased, price is at $650. Ships July 26, about the same time as the Vega launch.

Zip ties, rubber bands, fishing line...you need to think [H]ard :)

I bit for one. It's been just over a year since I got my 1080, and I can trickle that down to another system.

Ships July 26th... wtf thats a dealbreaker for me

If only there was a way to secure the card to the rear of the case using screws or something so that the PCIe slot wasn't supporting the card's weight by itself...

I own the AORUS Xtreme edition and yes it's a heavy beast of a card, but it's only going to sag so much due to the end of the card being anchored to the case. Unlike women, it doesn't get saggier over time. :)

VGABracket-Install.jpg

Unfortunately I just purchased a 1080 Ti or I would buy this. I have a HAF-X case with a GPU bracket just for this purpose.

$900 MSRP? What?

That shipping date is pretty brutal, too. I'd rather just drop the extra $100 and pick it up from MC.

Steer clear of this. The site collects a bunch of money, then makes a lowball offer to Gigabyte for refurbs in hopes of getting a few hundred units ... no thanks.

I'll be shocked if they actually ship are able to obtain any cards even in a month from now, but I won't get into why.

Last edited:
Never bought anything from massdrop and nothing different this time. I've heard they are very slow to get items. Do you pay up front or when it ships?

Never bought anything from massdrop and nothing different this time. I've heard they are very slow to get items. Do you pay up front or when it ships?

You pay them at the end of the "Drop". The you wait for your items to arrive via the slowest possibly supply and logistics chain.

I am resurrecting this thread.
I ordered a couple of these during the drop and got them last week. Thing is, they sent me the 1080ti Turbo cards instead of the aorus cards, i was very confused. Not a huge deal for me because i can use these blower style cards but still, i paid for the Aorus right?? Well they sent out an email to buyers with a few options...
"
As mentioned in our previous email the item that you will receive is the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11G" instead of the Aorus version of this card. We are doing everything possible to have the replacements shipped out as soon as possible and we are estimating having them ready in approximately two weeks.
We want to make sure a satisfactory resolution is provided so we have a few options for you:
A) Keep the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11G" with $100 partial refund (per unit) back to your original payment account.
B) Return the card and receive a $50 coupon towards any future purchase. We will provide a prepaid return label if you choose this option and we'll ship out the correct card as soon as we receive it from the vendor.
C.) Return the card for full refund back to the original payment account + $50 coupon (we'll supply pre-paid label).
"

So im wondering what people think, is the aorus card a better performer all around? Should i return the Turbo's and get the pair of auros cards for what would end up being $600 each (after the 50 dollar coupons).
Or is the 1080ti Turbo similar speeds, and at $550 each (after the 100 dollar each refund), a better all around deal.

What have other buyers done, any opinions or comments?
One thing is for sure, its nice to see a company being proactive and giving good options to fix a situation.

I'm also in the keep the card and get $100 back camp. You don't really know how long it will take to get the actual card you ordered or if you will ever get it.

I am resurrecting this thread.
I ordered a couple of these during the drop and got them last week. Thing is, they sent me the 1080ti Turbo cards instead of the aorus cards, i was very confused. Not a huge deal for me because i can use these blower style cards but still, i paid for the Aorus right?? Well they sent out an email to buyers with a few options...
"
As mentioned in our previous email the item that you will receive is the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11G" instead of the Aorus version of this card. We are doing everything possible to have the replacements shipped out as soon as possible and we are estimating having them ready in approximately two weeks.
We want to make sure a satisfactory resolution is provided so we have a few options for you:
A) Keep the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo 11G" with $100 partial refund (per unit) back to your original payment account.
B) Return the card and receive a $50 coupon towards any future purchase. We will provide a prepaid return label if you choose this option and we'll ship out the correct card as soon as we receive it from the vendor.
C.) Return the card for full refund back to the original payment account + $50 coupon (we'll supply pre-paid label).
"

So im wondering what people think, is the aorus card a better performer all around? Should i return the Turbo's and get the pair of auros cards for what would end up being $600 each (after the 50 dollar coupons).
Or is the 1080ti Turbo similar speeds, and at $550 each (after the 100 dollar each refund), a better all around deal.

What have other buyers done, any opinions or comments?
One thing is for sure, its nice to see a company being proactive and giving good options to fix a situation.

Even the highest clocked 1080ti isn't going to see a drastic FPS increase over a normal OC with aftermarket cooling. If I were you I'd pocket the $100 or pocket the $100 and sell the card and buy a 1080ti hybrid watercooled

I went for 1 card on the drop, and got the Turbo instead of the Aorus. I took the $100 refund and kept the card. The MSI LIGHTNING Z is " the best GeForce GTX 1080 Ti based video card" [H] has tested. It held clocks of 2060MHz. The FE (blower) card [H] reviewed held clocks of 1960MHz. That's less than 5% faster from " the best GeForce GTX 1080 Ti based video card". The blower card is a steal for $550. Even $650 is a decent deal, since the Turbo is going for $700.

If I decide to get rid of the blower, I can use that $100 refund to get an Arctic Cooling hybrid kit for the card.

This will take care of the sag.

I bought the same card at launch for about $700. It's been solid. No regrets

That CoolerMaster is a great option -- and for those who have limited space at the bottom of their case, this is also an option: http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?2655883_g10e

Not sure what the MSRP is on that thing, but mine was $29.99 when I got it 1.5 years ago for my gargantuan PowerColor Devil 13 R9 390x2: https://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/10/19/powercolor_devil_13_dual_core_r9_390_video_card_review

Did wonders in fixing the sag, I also used it for my Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme!: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti_Amp_Extreme/

And now it's in use for my current EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod..._1080_ti_black_edition-_-14-487-336-_-Product

Some Microcenters carry that MSI bolster in my link (I got mine there), but some don't (and they weren't listed online at their website for my local store when I checked after getting it).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
tungt88 You used that msi bolster rod? I have been through like 4 of them, I loved it but they kept failing and losing there pneumatic pressure after a month or two.
Was I doing something wrong??

Tried to put an EVGA hybrid kit on mine, doesn't fit at all.
I went for 1 card on the drop, and got the Turbo instead of the Aorus. I took the $100 refund and kept the card. The MSI LIGHTNING Z is " the best GeForce GTX 1080 Ti based video card" [H] has tested. It held clocks of 2060MHz. The FE (blower) card [H] reviewed held clocks of 1960MHz. That's less than 5% faster from " the best GeForce GTX 1080 Ti based video card". The blower card is a steal for $550. Even $650 is a decent deal, since the Turbo is going for $700.

If I decide to get rid of the blower, I can use that $100 refund to get an Arctic Cooling hybrid kit for the card.

tungt88 You used that msi bolster rod? I have been through like 4 of them, I loved it but they kept failing and losing there pneumatic pressure after a month or two.
Was I doing something wrong??

Not sure how you set it up, but I've used mine continuously since I got it and it works perfectly fine with no issues. Maybe you got a bad batch?

Back