GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

Also depends a lot of the type of games you play. The only FPSish type game I play is Mass Effect LE, Otherwise, I do play quite a bit of FFXIV, ARPG & RTS type games at about 30" for a few hours everyday and it never bothers me. Also, at $699 it's almost disposable if something else much better came along 2-3 years down the road (and it will given how fast the tech seems to be changing in the last few years).

I hate Samsung in a way on their 43" as they're always gimped compare to the larger model. QN90B sound great until you find out that the 14bit processor is not available on the 43" & 50", just like 120Hz was only available on 50" and up on the QN90A. Otherwise I would have gotten a QN90B to replace the FV43U and take that to work to replace the CG437K.
Hey Wiz, I just saw this about the 14 bit. What is the difference on the 50" vs the 43" qn90b? also what is the qn90a? Is it a significant difference?

Hey Wiz, I just saw this about the 14 bit. What is the difference on the 50" vs the 43" qn90b? also what is the qn90a? Is it a significant difference?

Read this article about why having a 14 bit processor makes a difference. On the QN90B the 43" & 50" model only uses a 12 bit processor while larger ones uses a 14 bit. QN90A was the 2021 model, I thought you bought one? Unfortunately, there's no way I can fit a 55" on my desk. What I may do is wait for detail on the 2023 around CES and it they offer no significant advantage over the QN90B, I'll pick one up then to replace my Q90T.

https://hometheaterreview.com/samsung-65-qn90b-neo-qled-review-better-bits-for-a-better-picture/

Last edited:
Read this article about why having a 14 bit processor makes a difference. On the QN90B the 43" & 50" model only uses a 12 bit processor while larger ones uses a 14 bit. QN90A was the 2021 model, I thought you bought one? Unfortunately, there's no way I can fit a 55" on my desk. What I may do is wait for detail on the 2023 around CES and it they offer no significant advantage over the QM90B, I'll pick one up then to replace my Q90T.

https://hometheaterreview.com/samsung-65-qn90b-neo-qled-review-better-bits-for-a-better-picture/
Oh I see, good article. So the QN90B has the 14bit processor for 55" and above. Yes I do have the QN90A" in 50" and I love it. But I will admit that the shiny new 55" QN90B with the 14bit processor does look better than It's predecessor. Unfortunately for me the 55" is just too big also. The max I could handle is the 50" and I feel like I really am maxed out. But even then one could probably get used to the extra 5" lmao especially when you throw it in 21:9 or 32:9 for ultra wide or super ultra wide it looks phenomenal. It's like having 4 in 1. A normal 4k Tv. A normal 120hz 4k gaming desktop monitor. A 120hz ultra wide. Or a 120hz super ultra wide. Absolutely love samsungs offerings this past couple years I think my QN90A will last me years and years even If i upgrade to another monitor It's spectacular as a TV also.

You can even throw the 55 or 65 in your living room if you do any controller gaming. (I do but I use keyboard & mouse much more)

Hi Guys,

Just registered on the forums as like many others it seems to be the place where most of the discussion about this monitor.
I actually got this delivered yesterday evening from caseking.de and was basically blown away coming from a 34" Alienware Ultrawide I got 2 years ago.

However after using it today, I noticed colours especially lighter colours were washed out at the corners with the left bottom corner being the worst. I have a pic below. I used a Lux app on my S21 to measure the brightness and at 100% brightness, I got 1011 lux in the center however the bottom left was only 600 lux and the other 3 corners 700 lux.
There are no dead pixels and I cant see any black light bleed. However that left hand corner is really annoying as most websites are white background and this is when it is most noticable, the right side although covering a bigger area of the screen, doesnt bother me as much.
Do you think it is worth replacing? Or should I just return it and get another monitor as this is going to be a problem across the board for these FV43U's?
View attachment 382312
Did you end up keeping yours. I just got mine yesterday and its alot worse than yours. Thinking about returning the thing even though I love it for video games & movies, however, for productivity the viewing angles are terrible and text clarity could be way better.

20220610_144324.jpg

What do you all think, return or keep? Everything else is great, no dead pixels/dirt. Thinking about returning it but I wanted to get some feedback from forum! Thanks.

show some complete black or red picture.
But for this panel it also dependa on the viewing angle
20220611_152939.jpg
20220611_152949.jpg
20220611_152926.jpg

Couldn't get a good shot of the black color test, but it look nearly perfect (deep blacks with no strange anomalies) .

View attachment 482188View attachment 482190View attachment 482189
Couldn't get a good shot of the black color test, but it look nearly perfect (deep blacks with no strange anomalies) .
looks good for me.
The white one looks little bit yellow but maybe you could try the "green" color present instead of the standart one and try to adjust the colors with the red/blue and green values.
Mine tends to be more green, so i a using color Temperatur red 96 green 91 and blue 100

View attachment 482188View attachment 482190View attachment 482189
I had a good panel like you too, but I ended up exchanging it for a 50" QN90A which imo performs better with better motion clarity and better HDR performance. I think the natural competition for the FV43U (at the time I was in the market for a display) was the QN90A & after owned them both I could easily say the QN90A is the better overall display in image quality/HDR/motion performance.

I had a good panel like you too, but I ended up exchanging it for a 50" QN90A which imo performs better with better motion clarity and better HDR performance. I think the natural competition for the FV43U (at the time I was in the market for a display) was the QN90A & after owned them both I could easily say the QN90A is the better overall display in image quality/HDR/motion performance.
Nice, that's a great panel overall.
I'll prolly keep trying it until the 30 day mark.
I was looking at 32 inch 4k (VA panel) monitors with >100hz refresh rate but even those fall in the same price range as this behemoth - unless if I succumb to a 60hz then its much cheaper!
Also, rocking a 2060 evga ko ultra rn. So my decision is either get a panel that fits my current gpu or get one for a future potential gpu purchase (unless I can get my hands on a ps5).

Very good TV for use as a PC monitor; But my use case requires PBP capability. No TV has that and thus I kept my FV43U. Maybe if some high end TV brands start including BPB feature, I may entertain using them as a monitor; Not until then.

Nice, that's a great panel overall.
I'll prolly keep trying it until the 30 day mark.
I was looking at 32 inch 4k (VA panel) monitors with >100hz refresh rate but even those fall in the same price range as this behemoth - unless if I succumb to a 60hz then its much cheaper!
Also, rocking a 2060 evga ko ultra rn. So my decision is either get a panel that fits my current gpu or get one for a future potential gpu purchase (unless I can get my hands on a ps5).
For gaming def don't go with anything 60hz as a minimum go 120hz. Heck gigabyte just released a 240hz 4k 32" for $1500 just a few days ago. Go at least 120hz for better motion clarity.

120hz is enough for casual gaming and even ego shooter working fine. FPS gecome smooth at around 75-80Fpa in Game.
You need to choose if you want a big screen or a small one.
For me its clear, 32 inch is too small, perfect for me would be 38inch but 16:9.
For this Aorus 43 inch its possible to use the overdrive function of Nvidia, so you could decrease 4k to, lets say 3k when you dont have a powerful GPU, but then you got all around your screen a black bar, but thats really not annoying.
I will always prefer a big screen with around 120hz instead if a 27inch 360hz screen.

I was planning on going OLED but Amazon was selling this yesterday morning briefly for $599 which was too good to pass up.

That’s a great deal. I have really been enjoying this monitor now that I have it dialed in and know it’s quirks well.

That’s a great deal. I have really been enjoying this monitor now that I have it dialed in and know it’s quirks well.
Is it just me or does it look like screen is curved backwards from the center? It might be an optical illusion because my previous display was a 2015 48" Samsung 4k curved TV- made for a pretty mediocre display but it was big, this is more reasonable.

I do have a few initial complains (just set it up). QC is awful. Both leg's screw holes didn't line up with the TV- I stripped one, neither side is in 100%. I'm going to contact Gigabyte and ask them to send me another set. Also, the cables are waaaay too short. They should have added at least another foot to all of them.

I'll play around with it some more and leave some impressions as I go.

Edit- I can't update the damn firmware because none of the multiple versions of Sidekick will let me. It works fine other than the Update Firmware option being greyed out or no option at all. Apparently from what I've read on reddit this is a common complaint.

Edit- Finally managed to update to F06 after almost 2hrs of installing and reinstalling Sidekick. What a mess. Well, at least it works.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it look like screen is curved backwards from the center? It might be an optical illusion because my previous display was a 2015 48" Samsung 4k curved TV- made for a pretty mediocre display but it was big, this is more reasonable.

I do have a few initial complains (just set it up). QC is awful. Both leg's screw holes didn't line up with the TV- I stripped one, neither side is in 100%. I'm going to contact Gigabyte and ask them to send me another set. Also, the cables are waaaay too short. They should have added at least another foot to all of them.

I'll play around with it some more and leave some impressions as I go.

Edit- I can't update the damn firmware because none of the multiple versions of Sidekick will let me. It works fine other than the Update Firmware option being greyed out or no option at all. Apparently from what I've read on reddit this is a common complaint.

Edit- Finally managed to update to F06 after almost 2hrs of installing and reinstalling Sidekick. What a mess. Well, at least it works.

The leg is separate into left and right and are not the same. Also, you're suppose to attach the leg and screw then down while the screen is laying flat.

The leg is separate into left and right and are not the same. Also, you're suppose to attach the leg and screw then down while the screen is laying flat.
Yes, I noticed that. The screen was lying on a flat surface but the screw holes still didn’t quite line up. Definitely a quality control issue. But they’re in enough and it’s standing flat so it really doesn’t matter.

Also I find it interesting that on the calibration report the Blue deltaE on my display is much higher than all the others, ~3500 compared to ~1500 for everything else.

AORUS FV43U - No video No OSD No Signal (Video for Gigabyte RMA)

After a few days of good functioning, i've No video (and no OSD) when i try to use the Monitor. Original cable or not, same problem. PS3, PC, same...no signal, no OSD and no video.
I hope Gigabyte RMA will be positive and accommodating about my big problem. I'm very sad that i cant use this monitor.

Things are progressing positively. The nature of the problem is amazing.

I bought this FV43U on Amazon for $699, or $649 before taxes, and recieved it in the mail the other day with no dead pixels, marks or dirt behind screen.

This is a breath of fresh air, since my Ultrawide 34" MSI monitor came from them with three dead pixels. I almost did my old way, and went for 'USED- LIKE new' but then remembered what happened when I did that with my UW I am upgrading from.

With this type of money being tossed into a gamble of such mixed reviews, I'd rather go brand spanking new, and I'm glad I did.
fullsetup.jpg

Things are progressing positively. The nature of the problem is amazing.
Hey there! Sorry to see! Have you been able to boot into Windows with another monitor and this 43" plugged in? I am wondering if it will be seen so you can try a FW update.

Let me know!

Hey there! Sorry to see! Have you been able to boot into Windows with another monitor and this 43" plugged in? I am wondering if it will be seen so you can try a FW update.

Let me know!
I've a new one since today only.
I used the guarantee.
Firmware by default is 02.
I asked gigabyte support and my vendor if I should upgrade to 06.

I've a new one since today only.
I used the guarantee.
Firmware by default is 02.
I asked gigabyte support and my vendor if I should upgrade to 06.
Yes upgrade the firmware. Mine was on F04, it took me a while to upgrade but I feel that F06 had resolved a few issues.

It seems I got a stellar deal for $600 new from Amazon. Even though it will take me a while to get used to going from a 48” display to a 43” one, this one is so much better than my previous it’s like night and day. I’m glad I purchased this over the OLED because I’m going to use this as a pc monitor alone and don’t need any of the other features, and won’t have to worry about mitigating burn in.

Yes upgrade the firmware. Mine was on F04, it took me a while to upgrade but I feel that F06 had resolved a few issues.

It seems I got a stellar deal for $600 new from Amazon. Even though it will take me a while to get used to going from a 48” display to a 43” one, this one is so much better than my previous it’s like night and day. I’m glad I purchased this over the OLED because I’m going to use this as a pc monitor alone and don’t need any of the other features, and won’t have to worry about mitigating burn in.

I went the other direction. Just got a 50" QN90A to replace the FV43U at home. Don't worry, not getting rid of it. It's going to replace the CG437K at the office. I'm watch more streaming media at the home office (dramas and such that does not benefit from watching on my 75") and the QN90A's HDR have better local dimming than the FV43U. It also offers a simplier audio solution as I can just do 4K@120 to the TV then eARC the audio to my receiver rather than going DP to the FV43U and then HDMI to the receiver as the Windows will lost track of the audio from the HDMI from time to time and you have to re-select it on Sound output to get it to work again.

I went the other direction. Just got a 50" QN90A to replace the FV43U at home. Don't worry, not getting rid of it. It's going to replace the CG437K at the office. I'm watch more streaming media at the home office (dramas and such that does not benefit from watching on my 75") and the QN90A's HDR have better local dimming than the FV43U. It also offers a simplier audio solution as I can just do 4K@120 to the TV then eARC the audio to my receiver rather than going DP to the FV43U and then HDMI to the receiver as the Windows will lost track of the audio from the HDMI from time to time and you have to re-select it on Sound output to get it to work again.
I’m only using the FV43 as a dedicated pc display (I have a Vizio 85” TV in the same room) and I have a SB Katana soundbar so it works well for me. Plus I’m still on a 2080Ti so DP is the only way I’ll get 144Hz support. If I need a big screen gaming experience I’ll just use my TV. It’s unfortunate thr Vizio’s implementation of VRR is broken tho. Last Vizio anything I purchase.

I work from home, game and watch shows on my fv43u. My work is typically multiple layered browser windows, custom tools, notes, spreadsheets, teams, and other items all over the screen and often static for hours. No way would my workflow survive OLED burn in. At 125% scaling and windows clear type i have no problems with text clarity. I also really like the kvm because i use it to switch between my work laptop and home pc. 120hz laptop hdmi 144hz DP haming rig. Still loving this screen but its not for everyone.

I haven't been around these parts for a while and I'm amazed to see this thread still going strong!

Just got a 50" QN90A to replace the FV43U at home.
I did this back in September and haven't looked back. Took a bit of tweaking to be ideal for PC use but returning to a panel that doesn't have the awful pixel-level interference of the FV43U just blew me away at how much clarity in everything I was missing out on. Uniformity is also considerably better. The FV's yellow sides and corners were pretty terrible, I don't know if that's the case on all samples though.

I regret buying the FV (I still have it, couldn't return) but it did force me to look into alternatives for my main and I've been content since. I won't be moving on until alternative panel tech becomes doable. MicroLED, "real" QNED, etc.

I work from home, game and watch shows on my fv43u. My work is typically multiple layered browser windows, custom tools, notes, spreadsheets, teams, and other items all over the screen and often static for hours. No way would my workflow survive OLED burn in. At 125% scaling and windows clear type i have no problems with text clarity. I also really like the kvm because i use it to switch between my work laptop and home pc. 120hz laptop hdmi 144hz DP haming rig. Still loving this screen but its not for everyone.
Amen brother! This is my exact use case as well. OLED anything or a TV as a monitor does not fit this use case.

I haven't been around these parts for a while and I'm amazed to see this thread still going strong!

I did this back in September and haven't looked back. Took a bit of tweaking to be ideal for PC use but returning to a panel that doesn't have the awful pixel-level interference of the FV43U just blew me away at how much clarity in everything I was missing out on. Uniformity is also considerably better. The FV's yellow sides and corners were pretty terrible, I don't know if that's the case on all samples though.

I regret buying the FV (I still have it, couldn't return) but it did force me to look into alternatives for my main and I've been content since. I won't be moving on until alternative panel tech becomes doable. MicroLED, "real" QNED, etc.

I don't regret the FV at all, It's the best one available at the size and that's why it's going to replace the CG437K at the office, I have zero problem with mine except for the dark corner which I really don't notice unless I look for them after a month. The only thing I want was better local dimming when watching media but I want to wait till the QN90B comes out and see what it would offer. (which turns out to be nothing unless you can fit a 55").

It's the best one available at the size
Probably true, but everything at that size is dire and suffers the same problem. All the flaws made the overall image quality headache inducing.

I remember my first LCD screen (a 19" 1280X1024 iiyama) looking concave as I was so used to the actually convex nature of my old CRT.

Those illusions are a weird thing.

I've had the aorus fv43u for a few days now but I'm not completely satisfied with it.
Viewing angles, dimming, text clarity bothers me the most with this monitor.

Would the Samsung QN90B 43" be in any way an upgrade for about the same money ?

I've had the aorus fv43u for a few days now but I'm not completely satisfied with it.
Viewing angles, dimming, text clarity bothers me the most with this monitor.

Would the Samsung QN90B 43" be in any way an upgrade for about the same m

All VA panel have pretty much the same viewing angle restriction. If you're talking about the dim corners, you won't notice it after a month unless you look for it. I don't have any problem with reading text on mine and I use mine at 100% scaling all the time for work as the whole point of getting a 4K is that I needed the screen real estate. How much did you pay for yout FV? Currently, they can be had for ~$650 while the 43QN90B is about $1100 so I would not say they are similar in price. That said you can get 50" QN90A for about $800.

This is my normal viewing distance at about 30"-36"

467995_IMG_9173.jpg

Up close at about 12"

467996_IMG_9172.jpg

Last edited:
I paid 650€ for the FA. I could get the Q90B for €950 -200€ cashback so €750 for the 43".

Also thinking about the C1 I could have for just under 800. However, concerns are burn in and brightness.

I paid 650€ for the FA. I could get the Q90B for €950 -200€ cashback so €750 for the 43".

Also thinking about the C1 I could have for just under 800. However, concerns are burn in and brightness.

In that case, The QN90B will certainly gives you better local dimming when watching media but I won't really expect much improvement in viewing angles and I have no problem with text clarity on either my FV43U or my 50QN90A. Do beware that you only get 12 bit processing vs 14bit on the QN90B in the 43" and 50",

Thank you for the answer, i ordered both QN90B 43" ( EU version ) and the LG C1 48" ( brand new for 700€ )
Its easier to compare if i got em all here...

I'm looking at the Aorus 43" right now, having eliminated TV alternatives and the 48" version. I was wondering if anyone could help me consider the options?

Here are some points I think are important:
-I am not happy with OLED, my software would burn in hard real fast.
-I don't have HDMI 2.1 and don't plan to upgrade my GPU, and I will be needing Gsync and 144Hz.
-I do not care about HDR at all.

I've noticed there are a couple different 43" alternatives with more or less the same specs. Is there a reason to chose one over the other right now?

How bad is the black smear on these? I don't like smeary motion blurry monitors. I would go IPS if I could get one with otherwise identical specs. Really I only want 120+Hz 4K at 40+ inches with Gsync compatibility! I am used to TN panels, so I don't mind imperfect black levels or saturation at all. But i do enjoy how fast they are I guess.

I'm looking at the Aorus 43" right now, having eliminated TV alternatives and the 48" version. I was wondering if anyone could help me consider the options?

Here are some points I think are important:
-I am not happy with OLED, my software would burn in hard real fast.
-I don't have HDMI 2.1 and don't plan to upgrade my GPU, and I will be needing Gsync and 144Hz.
-I do not care about HDR at all.

I've noticed there are a couple different 43" alternatives with more or less the same specs. Is there a reason to chose one over the other right now?

How bad is the black smear on these? I don't like smeary motion blurry monitors. I would go IPS if I could get one with otherwise identical specs. Really I only want 120+Hz 4K at 40+ inches with Gsync compatibility! I am used to TN panels, so I don't mind imperfect black levels or saturation at all. But i do enjoy how fast they are I guess.

Thos only supports 144hz over DP. Prettt sure you need DP 1.4 but you dont need hdmi 2.1 unless you want 120hz over hdmi.

Back