GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

hi guys, i just wanted to give an update. Since I'm very sensitive to vertical banding/DSE effect I showed the monitor to my family. Noone could see it from the start. After I showed them the scanlines they stated that they are definitly there. But they would have never seen them, if I didnt show it. Now they are pissed because once you see them it's hard to unsee them :) So since no reviewer mentions the vertical bars (only one the user

YouOnlyLiveTwice28 on page 13 in this thread.) I decided to order (after a month/ from a different retailer) a second fv43u and compare them. Well, guess what happended? THE SECOND UNIT HAS THE SAME VERTICAL BANDING LINES I guess because how its build. It has less noticeable DSE but what pisses me off, it has a hair? dust? right in the middle behind the screen. So what have I learned from it? Don't look for a perfect screen, look for one which you can live with. I will keep the first one and send the other back. Because the dot in the middle of the screen is much more noticeable on white background (like youtube etc.) than a little worse DSE effect on camera movement​

I was probably the first person in this thread to receive the monitor and noted that DSE was atrocious. It was visible to me in almost every game.

From my experience, if one has it, they all do to varying degrees. It just depends on your sensitivity to it but its personally one of my biggest deal breakers. Doesn't matter how good the monitor is if there are bars/splotches of dark as you pan the camera in a game.

Also really surprised at all the positive feedback in regards to HDR on this thing. It's basically a globally lit display and doesn't do HDR justice what so ever. Don't @ me guy with stadium lights in his living room.

I was probably the first person in this thread to receive the monitor and noted that DSE was atrocious. It was visible to me in almost every game.

From my experience, if one has it, they all do to varying degrees. It just depends on your sensitivity to it but its personally one of my biggest deal breakers. Doesn't matter how good the monitor is if there are bars/splotches of dark as you pan the camera in a game.

Also really surprised at all the positive feedback in regards to HDR on this thing. It's basically a globally lit display and doesn't do HDR justice what so ever. Don't @ me guy with stadium lights in his living room.
I want to check what your talking about, any pics or ways for me to test it?

I want to check what your talking about, any pics or ways for me to test it?
You probably shouldn't bother if you haven't noticed it yet. Once you see it, can't be unseen and your eyes will fixate on those areas.

You probably shouldn't bother if you haven't noticed it yet. Once you see it, can't be unseen and your eyes will fixate on those areas.
"Leave no stone unturned!" xD

Give it to me! Give me a reason to chuck this big ass box over the counter at the goofy UPS guys face for a full refund from amazon including free return shipping! I ain't scared a nothin! Lol

"Leave no stone unturned!" xD

Give it to me! Give me a reason to chuck this big ass box over the counter at the goofy UPS guys face for a full refund from amazon including free return shipping! I ain't scared a nothin! Lol

Don't bother. He's just another vampire😜 Don't know why he's still hanging around.

Last edited:
Enable HDR and try these:

Here are some examples of what it looks like, camera never really captures it properly but every large format LCD I've ever used from monitors to dozens of TV's has had it ranging from barely noticeable to disgusting:

Followup question to this. My Macbook is limited to 4K 60hz when connecting via USB-C. I know it can do 4K/120hz if I used a USB-C -> DisplayPort adapter, but my PC is already using the DisplayPort.

I figure my current limitation may be because my USB-C cable is only good for USB 3.1. Is it worth trying Thunderbolt 3 / USB4 cable to unlock 4k/120hz via USB-C, or is the USB-C input port on the FV43U limited to USB 3.1?
In the OSD there is a setting that is for USB versions have you enabled it?
RIY8fXw.jpg

Does the FV43U have this menu option? On the FO48U, flipping it from Auto to On allows my USB-C port to act like a displayport 1.4 port (32gbps) instead of displayport 1.2 (21.6 gbps). My mac itself still refuses to see either the USB-C or actual DisplayPort as 4k120 capable, but that seems like a driver issue with the 2019 MBP rather than a port limitation.

I guess it might be worth figuring out if your USB-C cable has the right pins to transmit 4 DP lanes

Last edited:
View attachment 386754

Does the FV43U have this menu option? On the FO48U, flipping it from Auto to On allows my USB-C port to act like a displayport 1.4 port (32gbps) instead of displayport 1.2 (21.6 gbps). My mac itself still refuses to see either the USB-C or actual DisplayPort as 4k120 capable, but that seems like a driver issue with the 2019 MBP rather than a port limitation.

This is what the FV OSD looks like, Different wording but don't know if it serve the same purpose.

IMG_9526.jpg

Seems like it should be the same functionality, but who knows what Gigabyte did.

Doing a little more reading, it seems like Big Sur broke DSC on Intel macs using anything other than an Apple Display, and for macs on Catalina, 4k120+ only works if you use a different USB-C port for charging

Last edited:
Finally got a response from Gigabyte's support about the pixel interference... after 5 weeks and 3 days. I realise they had that ransomware attack but given the state of this response I'm not giving them a pass on that.

After checking with the relevant parties, we are sorry to tell it is the hardware limitation that the product does have not a good performance in relativity far distance and lower frequency text using. However, the AORUS FV43U Gaming monitor stresses a better performance in color and picture's contract. When users use the monitor to watch movies and/or playing games, there's no vague that especially caused by the BGR subpixel.
About the issue, we suggest you use the "clear type" and set the Windows text size to 150%, sharpness to 3 to optimize.

Highly disappointingly but as expected they threw the exact same "hardware limitation" phrase at me as they did the guy on Reddit I spoke to.

They know full well this monitor "does not have good performance" at displaying exactly the signal sent to it - kind of the idea of a monitor, no? That, and I'm still not convinced they understand what I'm talking about. They are STILL mentioning BGR subpixel layout. I don't know what it's going to take to get them to realise I don't give a baboon's arse about that.

And despite it being in my profile on their system and me explicitly stating twice that I don't use Windows, their suggested fix is to mess with Windows settings.

Terrible support.

A couple questions about USB-C on this monitor:

1. My 2018 Macbook Pro can do 3840x2160 60hz over USB-C, but when I try to do 120hz the image gets distorted with green artifacts everywhere. Is this a limitation of the cable, my MBP (which has a discrete Radeon 555X GPU and theoretically supports DP 1.4 / TB 3), or of the FV43u?

2. After updating to the F04 Firmware, a new option showed up in the System Menu called "Type-C Capability". Toggling this doesn't seem to have any effect. Anyone know what this does?
Macs are always a total crapshoot for what works or not. Try a different cable or adapter and see if that makes any difference but I have had a lot of problems with high refresh rate and Macs. As much as I like MacOS, external monitor handling is a complete pile of shit on it.

Finally got a response from Gigabyte's support about the pixel interference... after 5 weeks and 3 days.
Highly disappointingly but as expected they threw the exact same "hardware limitation" phrase at me as they did the guy on Reddit I spoke to. They know full well this monitor "does not have good performance" at displaying exactly the signal sent to it - kind of the idea of a monitor, no? They are STILL mentioning BGR subpixel layout. I don't know what it's going to take to get them to realise I don't give a baboon's arse about that.
Nothing short of a miracle, because mentioning BGR is a conscious decision. When you're an incompetent support agent in a low paying job it's the perfect thing to talk about to avoid having to talk about the elephant in the room you don't know what to do with. It's the CEOs fault, they don't realize how important it is to get repeat customers who will buy more products in the future and who will promote your brand for free. They value only their sales departments (and maybe manufacturing) because the money that comes from that is obvious, whereas lost revenue from having terrible support takes a bit of effort to gauge.

To work at support departments as a talented experienced technician and doing good work, going the extra mile for the customer means being consistently underpaid and underappreciated by those running the company. You'd be raving mad not to move on, so most do. Only those who don't have better options don't. Those more often than not are the ones you get to talk to...

Most of them don't have the stones to get to the bottom of things because it might involve asking colleagues some questions they might not want to hear. They're not experienced enough to realize they could actually do this in a way that would improve the company. Instead, they think that if they stepped out of their cubicle someone might get mad and they'll lose their first actual job.

And despite it being in my profile on their system and me explicitly stating twice that I don't use Windows, their suggested fix is to mess with Windows settings. Terrible support.
Go in with that expectation and you won't be disappointed again in the future. If you're lucky you might find a good support agent who hasn't moved on yet and they'll go the extra mile.

When people ask themselves what they want from a display, they might list "high contrast" and such but very rarely do they list "quality of support department" and factor it into the overall value proposition and pricepoint. Gigabyte's whole gig is to get any and all tech from China they can get cheaply enough, slap a plastic box around it with their logo on top and sell it on for profit. The end.

It sucks because we'll never know what this glitch is, at the panel design / monitor's electronics level which means we can't predict what other future panels might have the same issue before we buy them. Thanks for trying though.

For the record, if you have backups, which every business should, it does not take a week to recover from a ransomware attack, let alone 5. Up and running in a day in most cases. Support is likely understaffed to cut cost.

Last edited:
And as someone had shown me before, this is nothing more than a pasted response to those who bring this issue up and I had to wait a considerable chunk more than a month to get it.

I know that not all Gigabyte products are as flawed as this and a lot of people have decent experiences with them but I almost certainly won't be buying any other hardware from them.

The entire situation since buying this monitor can be summarised as me flagging up what should be an important hardware flaw affecting every single FV43U (and seemingly every other 43" panel) out there, only to be told by both Gigabyte and various owners to suck it up and deal with it.

I get that nothing can be done in the near future, only a panel revision with the intention to fix this is going to do that. Doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Enable HDR and try these:

Here are some examples of what it looks like, camera never really captures it properly but every large format LCD I've ever used from monitors to dozens of TV's has had it ranging from barely noticeable to disgusting:

Other than a teenie weenie bit of vignetteing on the outer corners & slightest bit of uniformity on the outer sides this monitor otherwise performs very admirably & I am confident in recommending to all potential people in the market for it as these tests are torture tests & will never be visible during normal use of gaming or watching entertainment/movies etc.
20210821_000437.jpg

Look at this stellar performance in the blurbusters test virtually no ghosting in the bottom line a tiny barely noticable bit in the darker bars. In my opinion this is unnoticeable in regular use and nothing to even discuss or worry about. Passes with flying colors at 7ms speed also which is exactly where it needs to be to get an A+ for this test per Tim from hardware unboxed. Motion clarity & input lag is excellent for a VA direct backlit 144hz panel at 2160p in HDR.
20210821_010018.jpg

Color uniformity looks excellent also with only minor unnoticeable shifts basically undetectable to the normal viewer.
20210821_001927.jpg
20210819_224143.jpg
20210819_224209.jpg

"Leave no stone unturned"

I am more than happy with this monitors performance. No noticable ghosting, no noticable smearing, no noticable judder, no noticable lag , no noticable black crush, no noticable dirty screen effect under normal usage this monitor is the jack of all trades & I highly recommend it while also enjoying the heck out of it with It's brilliant HDR colors/darks/highlights for being a VA direct lit monitor this puppy exceeds all of my expectations with regard to It's technology & extremely happy with It's overall performance.

Attachments

• 20210821_010018.jpg
    20210821_010018.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Other than a teenie weenie bit of vignetteing on the outer corners & slightest bit of uniformity on the outer sides this monitor otherwise performs very admirably & I am confident in recommending to all potential people in the market for it as these tests are torture tests & will never be visible during normal use of gaming or watching entertainment/movies etc.
View attachment 387294

Look at this stellar performance in the blurbusters test virtually no ghosting in the bottom line a tiny barely noticable bit in the darker bars. In my opinion this is unnoticeable in regular use and nothing to even discuss or worry about. Passes with flying colors at 7ms speed also which is exactly where it needs to be to get an A+ for this test per Tim from hardware unboxed. Motion clarity & input lag is excellent for a VA direct backlit 144hz panel at 2160p in HDR.
View attachment 387295

Color uniformity looks excellent also with only minor unnoticeable shifts basically undetectable to the normal viewer.
View attachment 387296View attachment 387297View attachment 387298

"Leave no stone unturned"

I am more than happy with this monitors performance. No noticable ghosting, no noticable smearing, no noticable judder, no noticable lag , no noticable black crush, no noticable dirty screen effect under normal usage this monitor is the jack of all trades & I highly recommend it while also enjoying the heck out of it with It's brilliant HDR colors/darks/highlights for being a VA direct lit monitor this puppy exceeds all of my expectations with regard to It's technology & extremely happy with It's overall performance.

I can see the same bars on your picture (through my phone). This again is a confirmation for me. It's how they build. I guess some parts inside throw the shadow. You wont notice it on bright pictures. But if you run grey colors with different shadows like here you will notice the bad uniformity:

488939_20210819_224209.jpg

here more proof, I dimmed (reduced just brigthness) of your picture with Photoshop:

488939_20210819_224209.jpg

I wouldnt recommend the monitor that easy. Once you'r watching football (any game on green gras) or fast camera movements in movies or games, this bars will pull you out of the immersion.

Last edited:
I can see the same bars on your picture (through my phone). This again is a confirmation for me. It's how they build. I guess some parts inside throw the shadow. You wont notice it on bright pictures. But if you run grey colors with different shadows like here you will notice the bad uniformity:

View attachment 387399

here more proof, I dimmed (reduced just brigthness) of your picture with Photoshop:

View attachment 387401

I wouldnt recommend the monitor that easy. Once you'r watching football (any game on green gras) or fast camera movements in movies or games, this bars will pull you out of the immersion.

I 100% disagree it is completely unnoticeable I tested many types of content there is no way it can be percieved during gaming/movies/sports. You can split hairs all you want it is definitely a non-issue & won't lose a second of sleep over it as I'm busy enjoying the content with no distractions completely immersed in it lol.

I 100% disagree it is completely unnoticeable I tested many types of content there is no way it can be percieved during gaming/movies/sports. You can split hairs all you want it is definitely a non-issue & won't lose a second of sleep over it as I'm busy enjoying the content with no distractions completely immersed in it lol.
It's definitely visible in content to some people. Play any AC series game and pan the camera in the day time with the skybox visible.

I saw it within 0.5 seconds of starting Nier.

It's definitely visible in content to some people. Play any AC series game and pan the camera in the day time with the skybox visible.

I saw it within 0.5 seconds of starting Nier.
I did just that. I specifically launched all my games that I can look at the sky and pan around. As hard as I tried I couldn't replicate any visible DSE. I'm going out of my way to scrutinize the monitor to find anything distracting that would annoy a picky consumer like me and haven't been able to find anything. I watched hours and hours of videos, olympics, movies lots of games & nothing visually percieved except what I mentioned in my previous post. I also think I got one of the better if not the best sample panel lol lucky me for once i hit the panel lottery haha I'd imagine some panels are not as good as mine possibly. I feel more than satisfied & happy, no complaints at all.

Last edited:
I did just that. I specifically launched all my games that I can look at the sky and pan around. As hard as I tried I couldn't replicate any visible DSE. I'm going out of my way to scrutinize the monitor to find anything distracting that would annoy a picky consumer like me and haven't been able to find anything. I watched hours and hours of videos, olympics, movies lots of games & nothing visually percieved except what I mentioned in my previous post. I also think I got one of the better if not the best sample panel lol lucky me for once i hit the oanel lottery haha I'd imagine some panels are not as good as mine possibly. I feel more than satisfied & happy, no complaints at all.
Then enjoy mate. I wish I could not see it. Would be the perfect monitor for me. I will stick to this monitor until I can find something better in the same price range.

The problem with some people is that they are so obsessed with running test pattern that they don't really get to enjoy the unit. I know my unit have dark corners and some banding but does it really affect me on day to day use? No. I hardly notice them unless I go looking for them. Once in a good while when there is a uniform color panning across a large portion of the screen. I may notice it but so what? it's usually just a second or two and it's gone.

Was over at a friends place for an outdoor dinner today and I started playing with the Light Meter app on my phone. This is about 6:30PM when I took this picture and Light Meter is showing 330 cd/m2 average. opened it on the FV and scan it with Light Meter and it comes in at about 320cd/m2. Pretty damn close.

IMG_9540.jpg

View attachment 387399

View attachment 387401

I don't understand what you're getting at here. From what I can see you've just drawn red lines on arbitrary points on the image.

I even tried taking your dimmed image and moved it horizontally on mine to test, along with a different screen to make sure. I don't see these mystical vertical lines. It's brighter in the center but that's just a given that we all expect and it isn't troublesome in every day use.

I don't understand what you're getting at here. From what I can see you've just drawn red lines on arbitrary points on the image.

I even tried taking your dimmed image and moved it horizontally on mine to test, along with a different screen to make sure. I don't see these mystical vertical lines. It's brighter in the center but that's just a given that we all expect and it isn't troublesome in every day use.

Then buy this monitor run an 20-25% gray test and look through your phone. Since every person has different eye sight, of course some wont notice it. But cameras dont lie. Do you see the lines now? I had two monitors and both showed the same problem.

20210822_144859.jpg

Last edited:
The problem with some people is that they are so obsessed with running test pattern that they don't really get to enjoy the unit. I know my unit have dark corners and some banding but does it really affect me on day to day use? No. I hardly notice them unless I go looking for them. Once in a good while when there is a uniform color panning across a large portion of the screen. I may notice it but so what? it's usually just a second or two and it's gone.

If I notice it in every day use, I dont have to look for it, its just there and its annoying, since it disturbes everything I watch on it. If I pay 1000€ I expect it to be almost flawless, with errors you wont notice in daily use. Since I buy a monitor for picture quality. There is a reason reviewers run uniformity test pattern and this monitor fails hard....

Then buy this monitor run an 20-25% gray test and look through your phone. Since every person has different eye sight, of course some wont notice it. But cameras dont lie. Do you see the lines now?

View attachment 387443

I have this monitor, that's how I can say it's not a problem for me. I can see the lines in your image but I even sat and watched the video you linked and it's nowhere near as bad as that. Not to boast but you mentioned everyone has different eyesight. Last time I got a test I had 20:10. Probably not that good now as it's been a few years but I'm generally good at picking out visual flaws on a screen. Having said that, complaining about what a camera sees over the human eye seems a touch misleading.

If I pay 1000€ I expect it to be almost flawless

I do agree with this, and if your sample is bad then RMA it. I've been fighting for an answer to the pixel interference problem because I find it insane that such an expensive product has this universal unfixable flaw.

I'm holding onto mine, though, until I find a viable substitute. It is a very good monitor in most other areas and the DSE/banding is very minimal on mine, thankfully. The pixel row interference is far more annoying.

Then buy this monitor run an 20-25% gray test and look through your phone. Since every person has different eye sight, of course some wont notice it. But cameras dont lie. Do you see the lines now? I had two monitors and both showed the same problem.
Many people here (fortunately) don't really notice it just like many don't notice the terrible DSE on Samsung FALD TV's. Honestly I've never seen a overall clean 40"+ monitor outside of the early Korean eBay displays. My BDM4350UC had bad DSE, and my 436M6VBPAB had the worst I've ever seen. The only <48" displays that have consistently been clean are Sony's TV's.

If I notice it in every day use, I dont have to look for it, its just there and its annoying, since it disturbes everything I watch on it. If I pay 1000€ I expect it to be almost flawless, with errors you wont notice in daily use. Since I buy a monitor for picture quality. There is a reason reviewers run uniformity test pattern and this monitor fails hard....

Nothing is flawless. Things are what it is. this is the best 43" HDR monitor of the bunch. Live with it or not. I didn't expect a flawless product on my $10K Kuro plasma, what make you think you can get something flawless for $1K?

So I received my FV43U on Friday and played with it over the weekend a bit, first impression was wow, very bright and vibrant screen for sure and I've been reminded how nice 120hz+ is again after a long time of not having it/using it.

Hooking up my pc to it the left edge seems a bit washed out or overblown or something, not quite sure whats going on there and other devices it seems fine for the most part. Thankfully I can't appear to see any dead pixels, however I do have a very annoying issue with the speakers (apart from the much reported loudness even at 1 being stupid) - when I'm sitting idle, no matter what is connected (have tried my PC (3080), XSX and Switch) I'm getting noise through the speakers. This goes away completely with external speakers connected (which is how I plan on having it ultimately) or when sound is being played. Here is an example of it being particularly bad -

I was trying to work out exactly what was causing it and I thought it was linked to VRR/Freesync - I installed the OSD Sidekick to update the firmware to try and resolve it (came with 02, updated successfully first try to 04), but that didn't work and while I had the sidekick open i toggled Freesync off and the noise went away, it was short lived unfortunately as it came back a few minutes later. Anyone else experienced this? I'm honestly debating if I should return it or just live with it given I'll be using external speakers anyway. Turning the volume to 0 stops it but it comes right back bumping it up to 1 or higher, thankfully it does go away whenever sound is being produced or with external speakers connected like I say. It was very consistently bad playing Pumpkin Jack, large amounts of noise when loading into a level. Should probably get it replace?

Speaking of sound, I had a very odd issue with my xrgb mini hooked up to it where it wouldn't get any audio at all, my solution to this one was to put my mClassic in line from the xrgb to the display and I had sound again - very weird and unlikely anyone else using this display will ever have this problem but there you go!

Have you tried using a different connection like displayport? You'll get the full 144hz that way anyway & with any luck it would be the hdmi ports fault.

Have you tried using a different connection like displayport? You'll get the full 144hz that way anyway & with any luck it would be the hdmi ports fault.
no, I haven't and I will be needing to use the HDMI ports for my consoles, so that isn't going to be a solution - but I'm keen to try it just to know where the exact issue is I guess

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What HDMI cable are you using. maybe try a different HDMI 2.1 cable. If you're in the US. I use this one and it's fairly cheap but works well.

https://www.amazon.com/Zeskit-48Gbp...08TRGKKR3/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
using the one that came with the monitor at the moment, safe to assume its HDMI 2.1? I'll also try the one that comes with the series X and ps5 when I get a chance, just in case

I did notice/hear something rattle in the chassis when I unboxed it, no idea what that was and it doesn't do it now after moving it a couple of times, lol - will do some more testing and see how it goes - would be a shame to return it and end up with one with dead pixels as it seems to be said enough times that it could happen

can someone confirm that this is the style of optical cable I'd need if I wanted to go that route with external speakers? https://www.amazon.com.au/StarTech-com-THINTOSMIN10-Toslink-Miniplug-Digital/dp/B00016W75O/ Gigabyte really give very little info on this side of things

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
using the one that came with the monitor at the moment, safe to assume its HDMI 2.1? I'll also try the one that comes with the series X and ps5 when I get a chance, just in case

I did notice/hear something rattle in the chassis when I unboxed it, no idea what that was and it doesn't do it now after moving it a couple of times, lol - will do some more testing and see how it goes - would be a shame to return it and end up with one with dead pixels as it seems to be said enough times that it could happen

can someone confirm that this is the style of optical cable I'd need if I wanted to go that route with external speakers? https://www.amazon.com.au/StarTech-com-THINTOSMIN10-Toslink-Miniplug-Digital/dp/B00016W75O/ Gigabyte really give very little info on this side of things

I thought the 3.5mm out on the FV is only analog. Where did you see that it's optical also?

If the line out on the FV43U is an optical combo port like on the FO48U, that should work. Exact same optical cable that I'm using.

I thought the 3.5mm out on the FV is only analog. Where did you see that it's optical also?
it has 2 audio outputs... one has a red light, so i'm pretty sure thats optical using a mini toslink connection... like i say, it doesn't appear to be documented but its certainly what it looks like physically!
If the line out on the FV43U is an optical combo port like on the FO48U, that should work. Exact same optical cable that I'm using.
awesome, cheers

so I managed to get a moment to test using DP (using the cable included with the monitor) and I get the exact same audio issue... pretty sure its safe to say its faulty at this point?

WARNING - might be loud when the game audio kicks in...

launching Pumpkin Jack is a really quick way for me to duplicate the issue for some reason, but it will eventually start making a quieter noise just sitting on the desktop too...

it has 2 audio outputs... one has a red light, so i'm pretty sure thats optical using a mini toslink connection... like i say, it doesn't appear to be documented but its certainly what it looks like physically!

awesome, cheers

Ah the line out port. Yea ,that cable will work. I wonder how much it can handle? would be great if it can do 7.1 dolby atmos pass-through.

Well 2 options I would consider either exchange & possibly get dead pixels or some random issue with panel that your current one doesn't have.

Or, keep it & never worry about the monitors built in audio. From my experience of 25 years using PCs I have never once used the monitors audio. Not saying that is a valid reason to keep it because it should work properly but I can't stand any monitor or Tvs audio quality so I would never notice it myself. Any decent 2.1 would annihilate the monitors audio.

Also I tested the FV43Us monitor audio & while it was loud I am too used to higher quality speakers & subs so I would never use them, like ever lol.

Also I don't have consoles. Never have never will. So I go optical straight from the pcs sound card to the optical input on my 5.1.

Not sure if you need the monitors audio output to work with many inputs if the audio outputs create the same issie then that might be a problem.

Last edited:
Back