GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

HDMI 2.1 would depends on source. PC uses the full 48Gbps while some have reported that PS5 and Xbox X only support 32Gbps so it can only do 4:2:2. watch this
The HDMI 2.1 actually seems to be limited to 24 gbps, but it supports DSC. With DSC, 24gbps is still enough to send a 4k144 signal at 12-bit full RGB. PS5 doesn't support DSC, so it's limited to 4:2:0. Can't find whether or not the xbox supports DSC and I don't have one myself to test what it does with these new Gigabyte monitors.

Here I just took a picture of it with Displayport and with HDMI. (yes I set my scaling to 100% in windows for this) Definitlly not 4:4:4 with HDMI as it looks like shit

First Image is my displayport
View attachment 380988

And this is the HDMI from my work laptop:
View attachment 380989

What GPU do you have on your laptop? and if nVidia, what does your nVidia control panel settings look like? This picture was not taken on the FV43U since it's at my office at work. but when I have my laptop at the office. My nVidia control panel looks the same.

IMG_9066.jpg

Its intel igpu amd i just got it the other day from work so i uave not had much time to fiddle with it. Didnt go digging for intel graphics settings and just have windows set to 4k 120

Edit: 11th gen core i5 with iris XE graphics. I checked the advanced settings and it was running 4k 120hz at 8 bit ycbcr422 format

I have my Nvidia control panel set the same was as you for HDMI. 4k 144 / 10 bit RBG full
Double ninja edit: I looked up the IGPU and its only hdmi 2.0b

Last edited:
Ironically enough that chroma 444 test image (from RTINGS I believe) is one of the images I sent to Gigabyte in my bug report for the pixel interference. View it near the top of the panel and the grey on black text is atrocious.

Ironically enough that chroma 444 test image (from RTINGS I believe) is one of the images I sent to Gigabyte in my bug report for the pixel interference. View it near the top of the panel and the grey on black text is atrocious.
Talking to others online they are reporting perfect image quality in text. It may only be certain panels that are affected by this. Mainly the people on the forums because that's where people tend to troubleshoot. While others are saying it is flawless and work on it all day & night gaming aside.

Lol I did the exact opposite of you. Returned the C1 & ordered the FV43U. Only difference for me there is a possibility I will not be happy enough with either of them & end up returning both. If that is the case I will just wait for "the next best thing" in the future. Thank goodness for free returns & free return shipping or all of this "trying" out displays would be a nightmare, but for free I have nothing to lose & information/experience to gain.

Cheers to your C1 though. All that matters is if it fits your wants/needs.
Is there anything specific you didn't like about the C1 that you decided to return it ?

Ok finally back at the office and took some pictures of the test patterns. I can't read the text on the Black background one no matter if it's near the top, middle or bottom of the screen at 30". But the White background one, I can read the text at all position and I don't really notice any difference between top, middle and bottom.

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9424.jpg

IMG_9425.jpg

Reactions: Senn
like this
Is there anything specific you didn't like about the C1 that you decided to return it ?

Yes. First & foremost ABL is something I could not live with. It drives my OCD crazy. I can't stand the display dimming itself whenever it feels the need too. Me & my wife were very annoyed with the self dimming when we wanted it brighter when used as a TV.

Then when used as a monitor the size was a bit too large. Could I deal with it? Yea. Do I want too? I can comfortably say no because It is a bit too large causing me to swivel my head when I'm too lazy & just want to use my eyes and peripheral vision not hard swerving my head & eyes causing additional strain & stress on my eyes & neck.

Then the downgrade in picture motion clarity during gaming. Coming from 144 or 165 all the way back down to 120 is unacceptable for me. For someone coming from 60hz it is amazing because you wouldn't know any better. On the flipside going down in refresh is a bad experience. Every frame less introduces more motion blur regardless of response time, the refresh rate is hard capped. Games look better with higher refresh rate & I can't go backwards. No question no doubt I am not satisfied with 120 It is distracting me because I am waaaay to used to 144 for years. I will accept 144hz no less.

Then there is the burn in. It is not a risk, but a fact. My OLED phone has burn in on it and I use it dimmed down brightness & then the few people that have the courage to come online & admit that their OLED is suffering from burn it are just a tiny of the fraction of the people that are experiencing it. Most would be too embarrassed to admit it happened to them and just deal with it. I'm not willing to make the compromises and need to take precautions when using my display. I don't need the extra responsibilities. I have never needed to be cautious of display usage so I'm not going to start now. I want to have it max brighness left on all huds all taskbars everything on no worries no potential issues no drama I want to leave it running all day If i feel like it without a care.

All of these issues/differences are why I don't like OLED at this moment in time. Regardless of the dark blacks other displays blacks don't bother me one bit, so the strongest selling point in OLED is honestly not a big deal to me at all.

Ok finally back at the office and took some pictures of the test patterns. I can't read the text on the Black background one no matter if it's near the top, middle or bottom of the screen at 30". But the White background one, I can read the text at all position and I don't really notice any difference between top, middle and bottom.

View attachment 381145
View attachment 381146
View attachment 381147
Pretty much how it is for me too. The only way to see the text how it should be at 1:1 is to pull the lines part of the image below the bottom of the screen so the text is as close to the bottom of the panel as possible.

Really strange how the bottom is the only part that works properly. Makes it seem like a signal distance problem.

Talking to others online they are reporting perfect image quality in text. It may only be certain panels that are affected by this. Mainly the people on the forums because that's where people tend to troubleshoot. While others are saying it is flawless and work on it all day & night gaming aside.
This is what I'm trying to find out for certain. IF there are flawless panels out there I'm going to try getting onto Gigabyte about it.

Yes. First & foremost ABL is something I could not live with. It drives my OCD crazy. I can't stand the display dimming itself whenever it feels the need too. Me & my wife were very annoyed with the self dimming when we wanted it brighter when used as a TV.

Then when used as a monitor the size was a bit too large. Could I deal with it? Yea. Do I want too? I can comfortably say no because It is a bit too large causing me to swivel my head when I'm too lazy & just want to use my eyes and peripheral vision not hard swerving my head & eyes causing additional strain & stress on my eyes & neck.

Then the downgrade in picture motion clarity during gaming. Coming from 144 or 165 all the way back down to 120 is unacceptable for me. For someone coming from 60hz it is amazing because you wouldn't know any better. On the flipside going down in refresh is a bad experience. Every frame less introduces more motion blur regardless of response time, the refresh rate is hard capped. Games look better with higher refresh rate & I can't go backwards. No question no doubt I am not satisfied with 120 It is distracting me because I am waaaay to used to 144 for years. I will accept 144hz no less.

Then there is the burn in. It is not a risk, but a fact. My OLED phone has burn in on it and I use it dimmed down brightness & then the few people that have the courage to come online & admit that their OLED is suffering from burn it are just a tiny of the fraction of the people that are experiencing it. Most would be too embarrassed to admit it happened to them and just deal with it. I'm not willing to make the compromises and need to take precautions when using my display. I don't need the extra responsibilities. I have never needed to be cautious of display usage so I'm not going to start now. I want to have it max brighness left on all huds all taskbars everything on no worries no potential issues no drama I want to leave it running all day If i feel like it without a care.

All of these issues/differences are why I don't like OLED at this moment in time. Regardless of the dark blacks other displays blacks don't bother me one bit, so the strongest selling point in OLED is honestly not a big deal to me at all.
Fair enough, I didn't notice ABL kicking in so far but I use the screen in low brightness most of the time so probably won't be bothered by this function.

With the refresh rate - I could argue here that there's not much difference between 120Hz and 144Hz but it also depends what resolution you play on. Probably you wouldn't git any of this with 4k HDR on any new games unless you have 3080 or something. Playing on 1440p on a 4k screen from the other side is not good enough for me so I'm happy with 4k 60-70 fps on a 120Hz screen and C1 compared to FV43U in games looks a bit better in my opinion but it's down to everyones individual preferences.

The biggest surprise for me is that my eyes are not getting tired so quickly on OLED as they used to on IPS / VA panels.

Just launched GTA 5 for a few minutes and look at those photos. It looks stunning on C1 OLED. When launched on FV43U it was just OK but on C1... it's just amazing.

Attachments

• 20210803_223643.jpg
    20210803_223643.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210803_223929.jpg
    20210803_223929.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210803_224239.jpg
    20210803_224239.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210803_223836.jpg
    20210803_223836.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 0
Just launched GTA 5 for a few minutes and look at those photos. It looks stunning on C1 OLED. When launched on FV43U it was just OK but on C1... it's just amazing.
That's also part of the aggressive ABL. What you see on the C1 is more like looking at a postcard of a tourist spot and then you walk to the same spot under the same lighting condition and it looks different. ABL makes everything looks over saturated with high contrast but that's not what real life looks like. When's the last time you went to a vantage point overlooking a city? It doesn't looks like that. This is more what a city looks like at night and this picture has already gone thru some post processing but not to the degree of a OLED.

sf-at-night.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough, I didn't notice ABL kicking in so far but I use the screen in low brightness most of the time so probably won't be bothered by this function.

With the refresh rate - I could argue here that there's not much difference between 120Hz and 144Hz but it also depends what resolution you play on. Probably you wouldn't git any of this with 4k HDR on any new games unless you have 3080 or something. Playing on 1440p on a 4k screen from the other side is not good enough for me so I'm happy with 4k 60-70 fps on a 120Hz screen and C1 compared to FV43U in games looks a bit better in my opinion but it's down to everyones individual preferences.

The biggest surprise for me is that my eyes are not getting tired so quickly on OLED as they used to on IPS / VA panels.
I forgot to mention the dreaded VRR flicker with nvidia GPUs that LGs are infamous for. Turns out it is still rearing It's head even after the firmware updates. It's not just the CX & C1 that flicker the nano85una panels which are the low end models also have the same VRR flicker. So most of the 2020 lineup including 2021 LG models that have hdmi 2.1 have the flicker issue. Some games it flickers & some it doesn't I stopped following the news about LG displays but skimming around some threads I was surprised to see people still experiencing the VRR flicker.

I forgot to mention the dreaded VRR flicker with nvidia GPUs that LGs are infamous for. Turns out it is still rearing It's head even after the firmware updates. It's not just the CX & C1 that flicker the nano85una panels which are the low end models also have the same VRR flicker. So most of the 2020 lineup including 2021 LG models that have hdmi 2.1 have the flicker issue. Some games it flickers & some it doesn't I stopped following the news about LG displays but skimming around some threads I was surprised to see people still experiencing the VRR flicker.
I need to see how it looks in this location but check out a photo before it went completely night time. Then next is pitch black night. And last two photos are real life ones taken from a hill by myself looking at a city nearby so I would say it does kind of look like a real life on OLED.

Attachments

• 20210803_223609.jpg
    20210803_223609.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210803_223624.jpg
    20210803_223624.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210803_224212.jpg
    20210803_224212.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190825_213327.jpg
    20190825_213327.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190825_213447.jpg
    20190825_213447.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
I need to see how it looks in this location but check out a photo before it went completely night time. Then next is pitch black night. And last two photos are real life ones taken from a hill by myself looking at a city nearby so I would say it does kind of look like a real life on OLED.
Go to the thread & see for yourself the video the guy has posted of the VRR flicker the LG has in some games. This is a current thread so bringing home a LG be ready for some unexpected flicker action here & there https://hardforum.com/threads/lg-48cx.1991077/page-190#post-1045096042
It is confirmed because when he turns off vrr or gsync the flicker goes away, lol. I can also confirm the flicker was on my C1 & nano85una also. All Lgs have this issue.

Last edited:

Your own photos are a perfect example of how ABL alters a pictures. Notice that the color pops up more due to the over saturation of colors and contrast and the sky is too black. You don't get true Black in the sky in the city nowadays due to the haze and particles in the air.

I use reshade and GTA 5 redux which enhances, textures and general graphics but I still prefer what I see on C1 OLED than what I seen on FV43U but as mentioned - this is all down to individual preferences. As of the flickering I read that this is the case in menu in some games but not in actual games, so far I didn't experience it and the ABL everyone is talking about - not experienced it too, maybe because I'm using my display on 30-40% brightness as I'm in a dark room.

Does anyone else have an issue where the whole screen randomly goes black for a few seconds, then comes back? This only happens to me when I am using my desktop computer over display port. I have zero issues with my laptop on USB-C. Its really irritating in games. (GPU is Gigabyte 1080, output is set to display port 4K @ 120Hz)

Your own photos are a perfect example of how ABL alters a pictures. Notice that the color pops up more due to the over saturation of colors and contrast and the sky is too black. You don't get true Black in the sky in the city nowadays due to the haze and particles in the air.
That’s more likely due to the game rendering the sky as black rather than ABL.

That’s more likely due to the game rendering the sky as black rather than ABL.

ABL also lower the general brightness to highlight the bright spot so it maybe a bit of both but the color city lights are definitely oversaturated and the contrast is much higher than would be in RL.

Does anyone else have an issue where the whole screen randomly goes black for a few seconds, then comes back? This only happens to me when I am using my desktop computer over display port. I have zero issues with my laptop on USB-C. Its really irritating in games. (GPU is Gigabyte 1080, output is set to display port 4K @ 120Hz)

During use? Have you tried another DP cable?

I use reshade and GTA 5 redux which enhances, textures and general graphics but I still prefer what I see on C1 OLED than what I seen on FV43U but as mentioned - this is all down to individual preferences. As of the flickering I read that this is the case in menu in some games but not in actual games, so far I didn't experience it and the ABL everyone is talking about - not experienced it too, maybe because I'm using my display on 30-40% brightness as I'm in a dark room.
It's not just in menus. The link I posted shows the guy posting footage of it happening in game. Then when he turns off VRR it stops. It might not happen in GTAV for example which is 1 game, but what about if it happens when you pick up a new game(s) & It's flickering out of your control? Then what?

Also every LG owner claims they use low brightness on their new panel. Coincidence? I am skeptical to believe this. Usually people boast about brightness not dimming. Every LG TV owner says they are always in a very dark room, coincidences? I doubt this also. Sounds like excuses to make it seem like It's not forced when it is. So if I buy an LG I need to force everyone in my family to be in a dark theater style room so I can keep the TVs brightness low in an effort to prevent ABL from kicking in? I mean does this sound reasonable? It sounds rediculous honestly & a major drawback if you ask me.

I watched some demos of the LG CX and C1 and the the ABL is out of contol. Every time the demo switches images the ABL immediately reacts dimming. It is beyond distracting. It's fundamentally flawed to It's core lol.

During use? Have you tried another DP cable?

Yep I died in Valheim the other night because of it. I am using the DP cable that came with the monitor. I figured it was the best choice. I don't have another high quality cable to try. I'll see what I can find.

Yep I died in Valheim the other night because of it. I am using the DP cable that came with the monitor. I figured it was the best choice. I don't have another high quality cable to try. I'll see what I can find.

My CG437K will sometimes blank out for a few seconds after coming out of sleep but is then totally stable. Never see this on my FV43U with DP though.

Last edited:
It's not just in menus. The link I posted shows the guy posting footage of it happening in game. Then when he turns off VRR it stops. It might not happen in GTAV for example which is 1 game, but what about if it happens when you pick up a new game(s) & It's flickering out of your control? Then what?

Also every LG owner claims they use low brightness on their new panel. Coincidence? I am skeptical to believe this. Usually people boast about brightness not dimming. Every LG TV owner says they are always in a very dark room, coincidences? I doubt this also. Sounds like excuses to make it seem like It's not forced when it is. So if I buy an LG I need to force everyone in my family to be in a dark theater style room so I can keep the TVs brightness low in an effort to prevent ABL from kicking in? I mean does this sound reasonable? It sounds rediculous honestly & a major drawback if you ask me.

I watched some demos of the LG CX and C1 and the the ABL is out of contol. Every time the demo switches images the ABL immediately reacts dimming. It is beyond distracting. It's fundamentally flawed to It's core lol.
People would use a low brightness for desktop use, for burn in but also because you don't need a display to be blasting your eyes.

I have a LG C9 in the living room and just use it like a normal TV. Can't even remember what it's set to but I use the same brightness day and night and it works just fine. ABL is in my experience not an issue in normal use at all. The only time I see it noticeably dimming the picture is when you have a screen that is all white or for example an explosion that covers almost the whole screen. It's not all that common.

People would use a low brightness for desktop use, for burn in but also because you don't need a display to be blasting your eyes.

I have a LG C9 in the living room and just use it like a normal TV. Can't even remember what it's set to but I use the same brightness day and night and it works just fine. ABL is in my experience not an issue in normal use at all. The only time I see it noticeably dimming the picture is when you have a screen that is all white or for example an explosion that covers almost the whole screen. It's not all that common.

I run both my CG437K and FV43U in HDR1000 mode all day and they works just fine. It also depends on how much HDR contents you watch, With more and more HDR contents available on the newer games and the varies streaming service. OLED is really falling behind for HDR. Another reason I dumped the CX after 2 months is that it's HDR performance sucks compared to my 5 years old KS9500 when watching 4K HDR Blu-ray discs. This is what rtings have to say about the C1 HDR performance and why it rated a 6.8 score:

HDR brightness is okay. As you can see in the EOTF, the overall brightness is on-target, but it may not be bright enough to hit the brightest highlights. The ABL is very aggressive in HDR, which accounts for the variation in brightness and why it gets so dim with scenes that have large areas of brightness. It was especially noticeable and distracting when connected to our PC, as it dimmed any windows that were left open within minutes.

This is ME:LE running 4K HDR1000 on the FV43U in my office. This a good example of the dynamic range. The blacks looks black white the brightness of the galaxy map and reflections are fairly bright and the color is not saturated with high contrast like on an OLED.

IMG_9180.jpg

IMG_9181.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

I guess if you're using your CX/C1 mostly for HDTV/Cable/SDR games/contents then it'll probably work fine.

Last edited:
Aorus FV43U arrived today. Absolutely stunning PC monitor. Not a single dead pixel. The panel is majestic. It is flawless. The most well rounded display for PC by a long shot, nothing even comes close. Lighting fast 144hz Gsync DSC HDR1000 VRR all work simultaneously at 2160p at 43" perfect size everything you ever wanted is finally yours. Test Blurbusters & it is equal to my previous Acer Predator Z1 which is only 1440p the Aorus performing like a champ at 2160p with more bells & whistles like HDR and more. I updated the firmware to version F04 without a hitch. I can't say a single criticizing thing about this beautiful panel. No glare, no smear, no ghosting, no nothing Razor sharp super high PPI shows life like image clarity, I am blown away. I have been waiting my whole life for a monitor that can check every single box & this does it. Specular highlights are mind blowing whites burning brilliant radiant dazzling with blacks pitch black HDR is ridiculously good. All the positive review are %100 accurate, this monitor is the best of the best. I would buy it again, & again, & again!

hdr fv43u.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Senn
like this
I run both my CG437K and FV43U in HDR1000 mode all day and they works just fine. It also depends on how much HDR contents you watch, With more and more HDR contents available on the newer games and the varies streaming service. OLED is really falling behind for HDR. Another reason I dumped the CX after 2 months is that it's HDR performance sucks compared to my 5 years old KS9500 when watching 4K HDR Blu-ray discs. This is what rtings have to say about the C1 HDR performance and why it rated a 6.8 score:

HDR brightness is okay. As you can see in the EOTF, the overall brightness is on-target, but it may not be bright enough to hit the brightest highlights. The ABL is very aggressive in HDR, which accounts for the variation in brightness and why it gets so dim with scenes that have large areas of brightness. It was especially noticeable and distracting when connected to our PC, as it dimmed any windows that were left open within minutes.

I guess if you're using your CX/C1 mostly for HDTV/Cable/SDR games/contents then it'll probably work fine.
I totally disagree. I have a KS8000 and my LG C9 is a massive improvement over that in every way in SDR and HDR. To me the higher brightness does not make up for bad local dimming, black smearing etc issues. Of course it would be better if OLEDs were brighter but as far as compromises go, I will take the ones on OLED over others.

I use the CX 48" as my desktop monitor and am just as happy with its image quality. For me ABL never kicks in because I don't need to run it at a brightness setting where it does that. I have OLED light set at around 20-30% most of the time in desktop use and even in bright daylight that causes no issues for me. The automatic static brightness limiter was a far more annoying issue in desktop use and that can thankfully be disabled in service menu.

I've used multiple LCDs and OLED tvs as monitors.... if you're sitting less than 5 feet away from a 40+ inch screen you're going to want lower brightness otherwise it's a light-cannon in your face. There is a reason 150cdl is the standard of desktop computing.

Aorus FV43U arrived today. Absolutely stunning PC monitor. Not a single dead pixel. The panel is majestic. It is flawless. The most well rounded display for PC by a long shot, nothing even comes close. Lighting fast 144hz Gsync DSC HDR1000 VRR all work simultaneously at 2160p at 43" perfect size everything you ever wanted is finally yours. Test Blurbusters & it is equal to my previous Acer Predator Z1 which is only 1440p the Aorus performing like a champ at 2160p with more bells & whistles like HDR and more. I updated the firmware to version F04 without a hitch. I can't say a single criticizing thing about this beautiful panel. No glare, no smear, no ghosting, no nothing Razor sharp super high PPI shows life like image clarity, I am blown away. I have been waiting my whole life for a monitor that can check every single box & this does it. Specular highlights are mind blowing whites burning brilliant radiant dazzling with blacks pitch black HDR is ridiculously good. All the positive review are %100 accurate, this monitor is the best of the best. I would buy it again, & again, & again!

View attachment 382169
Probably the most enthusiastic review I've seen so far haha. Glad you like it, past the annoyances I've reported on it is a wonderful monitor.

I totally disagree. I have a KS8000 and my LG C9 is a massive improvement over that in every way in SDR and HDR. To me the higher brightness does not make up for bad local dimming, black smearing etc issues. Of course it would be better if OLEDs were brighter but as far as compromises go, I will take the ones on OLED over others.

I use the CX 48" as my desktop monitor and am just as happy with its image quality. For me ABL never kicks in because I don't need to run it at a brightness setting where it does that. I have OLED light set at around 20-30% most of the time in desktop use and even in bright daylight that causes no issues for me. The automatic static brightness limiter was a far more annoying issue in desktop use and that can thankfully be disabled in service menu.

I'll admit that the super fast pixel response on a OLED makes black smearing a non issue but QLED is getting better everyday and the difference between my KS9500 and Q90T is very noticeable. while OLED have pretty much been stuck at it's performance peak for the last 4 years except for minor tweak here and there. It's also only really matter if you only primary play FPS or mouse based aiming games because of the fast pan. Doesn't really make a difference on other action games like flight/driving sims.

For people not primary playing FPS games. The higher brightness means more than you think. It's part of the "R" in HDR. It's the range of brightness in addition to range of color. Now, I won't even go above 50% window (as you'll rarely see and scene composition above 50%) but a Q90T will have about 2X the brightness level to display in a scene compared to a CX/C1. That's a big difference on a HDR movie now with directors rendering HDR contents at up to 3000 cd/m2 on 4K Blu-ray releases.

Blooming is a issue but generally only on very specific slow motion (end credit of a movie) or static scenes and is generally not noticeable watching normal content or during gameplay unless you pause. Also, OLED have blooming of another kind. look at the subtitle on the Sony A9G (C9 panel). The bloom around the subtitle is way more distracting than backlight bloom on a QLED.

IMG_8881.jpg

and

Last edited:
I've used multiple LCDs and OLED tvs as monitors.... if you're sitting less than 5 feet away from a 40+ inch screen you're going to want lower brightness otherwise it's a light-cannon in your face. There is a reason 150cdl is the standard of desktop computing.

Same here. I have used a bunch too just in 4K ranging from 32" IPS to 75" Q90T VA and everything in between. I sit 30"-36" from my CG437K and FV43U with both of them running in HDR1000 mode. Running in HDR 1000 does not make the screen brighter on normal use. It just mean the screen have the ability to go to a higher brightness when it needs to. 150cd/m2 for desktop computing is fine but you need more once you started playing/streaming HDR games/contents. Since your eyes can survive walking outside on a sunny day. they won't melt at 1000cd/m2 as you're talking about 2000cd/m2 on a average cloudy sky and over 5000cd/m2 on a average sunny day

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Just registered on the forums as like many others it seems to be the place where most of the discussion about this monitor.
I actually got this delivered yesterday evening from caseking.de and was basically blown away coming from a 34" Alienware Ultrawide I got 2 years ago.

However after using it today, I noticed colours especially lighter colours were washed out at the corners with the left bottom corner being the worst. I have a pic below. I used a Lux app on my S21 to measure the brightness and at 100% brightness, I got 1011 lux in the center however the bottom left was only 600 lux and the other 3 corners 700 lux.
There are no dead pixels and I cant see any black light bleed. However that left hand corner is really annoying as most websites are white background and this is when it is most noticable, the right side although covering a bigger area of the screen, doesnt bother me as much.
Do you think it is worth replacing? Or should I just return it and get another monitor as this is going to be a problem across the board for these FV43U's?
20210806_003821.jpg

Hi Guys,

Just registered on the forums as like many others it seems to be the place where most of the discussion about this monitor.
I actually got this delivered yesterday evening from caseking.de and was basically blown away coming from a 34" Alienware Ultrawide I got 2 years ago.

However after using it today, I noticed colours especially lighter colours were washed out at the corners with the left bottom corner being the worst. I have a pic below. I used a Lux app on my S21 to measure the brightness and at 100% brightness, I got 1011 lux in the center however the bottom left was only 600 lux and the other 3 corners 700 lux.
There are no dead pixels and I cant see any black light bleed. However that left hand corner is really annoying as most websites are white background and this is when it is most noticable, the right side although covering a bigger area of the screen, doesnt bother me as much.
Do you think it is worth replacing? Or should I just return it and get another monitor as this is going to be a problem acro

It does it on mine too but I don't really care as there's nothing on the market at this price that works this well. Another reason is that I don't really notice it when I'm playing games or watching media unless I really go looking for it. Instead on looking at test pattern and doing light measurement. Just do your normal stuff and go play some game and watch some videos and then see if it still bothers you a few days later.

IMG_9184.jpg
IMG_9183.jpg

Also happens on my CG437K

IMG_8800.jpg

Last edited:
It does it on mine too but I don't really care as there's nothing on the market at this price that works this well. Another reason is that I don't really notice it when I'm playing games or watching media unless I really go looking for it. Instead on looking at test pattern and doing light measurement. Just do your normal stuff and go play some game and watch some videos and then see if it still bothers you a few days later.

View attachment 382501View attachment 382502

Also happens on my CG437K

View attachment 382504
Ah so it might just be the panel type then. Yes it doesnt bother me in games and media, fully blown away. However I am using it as my daily driver for work and mostly deal with webpages and word documents with white backgrounds, it is very distracting, only after decided to check with the white screen test.

Still in two minds, the alienware had some glow on the corners and I actually got used to it and never noticed it after a while, its brilliant how the brain adjusts :D

I might give it a go this weekend to see if I can live with it, but you're right took me weeks of research and there isnt really a decent big screen option out there :(

Ah so it might just be the panel type then. Yes it doesnt bother me in games and media, fully blown away. However I am using it as my daily driver for work and mostly deal with webpages and word documents with white backgrounds, it is very distracting, only after decided to check with the white screen test.

Still in two minds, the alienware had some glow on the corners and I actually got used to it and never noticed it after a while, its brilliant how the brain adjusts :D

I might give it a go this weekend to see if I can live with it, but you're right took me weeks of research and there isnt really a decent big screen option out there :(

That's my typical use at the office also. I have a vendor webpage open on one side and a XLS opened on the other so I can easily copy & Paste to check pricing and availability and such. This what my desktop usually looks like at work. How far do you sit from the monitor? I currently sits about 30"-36" away since my computer reading glasses was set for that distance when I was using a 32" 4K. I could probably sit about 40"-46" away once I get new glasses and the corner fade are much less noticeable at that distance.

IMG_9173.jpg

That's my typical use at the office also. I have a vendor webpage open on one side and a XLS opened on the other so I can easily copy & Paste to check pricing and availability and such. This what my desktop usually looks like at work. How far do you sit from the monitor? I currently sits about 30"-36" away since my computer reading glasses was set for that distance when I was using a 32" 4K. I could probably sit about 40"-46" away once I get new glasses and the corner fade are much less noticeable at that distance.

View attachment 382611
Doesn't seem too bad on yours, I don't mind the other 3 corners they aren't noticeable on mine also but just the bottom left.

Same like you basically, a couple of word docs, excel and Jira :D. Shame really. Leaning towards returning it but in two minds if I want to ask for a replacement to give it another shot as I really love everything else about it :). I can't go back to a smaller screen now lol

Oh yea I have a deep desk bout 90cm and I have it right towards the end of the table. Quite comfortable with the size, get the full view without much neck turns

Doesn't seem too bad on yours, I don't mind the other 3 corners they aren't noticeable on mine also but just the bottom left.

Same like you basically, a couple of word docs, excel and Jira :D. Shame really. Leaning towards returning it but in two minds if I want to ask for a replacement to give it another shot as I really love everything else about it :). I can't go back to a smaller screen now lol

Maybe worth a swap but I would buy another, set it up and see which one is better then send one back )if you can get a full refund and not just a replacement).

Back