GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

TL;DR: no way in hell I can update the firmware of my FV43U--read the painful details below please. Did I miss anything? Also does Newegg offer cross-ship exchange? Would this alone be enough reason to request exchange without getting penalized for restocking fee, shipping, etc?

Now the longer version: My first post here (I think lol)... Just received my FV43U from Newegg about a week ago to replace my Samsung G9 49" 240hz. They're apples and oranges I think and each is a great option for different reason. Thankfully mine doesn't have any dead pixels and I can't really find any faults.... until today when I tried to update the f/w. It came with F02 so I downloaded the Sidekick app and the latest F04 Beta f/w from Gigabyte website as the Aorus product page shows F03 Beta but it doesn't download--says file doesn't exist. I tried the USB cable it came with while the FV43U was the only monitor attached to my PC using DP. Tried a different USB cables and USB ports. Different DP cables. Tried connecting the monitor to my PC using HDMI cable. Tried connecting the monitor to my 2nd, streaming PC using HDMI cable...... still nothing. At times it takes 5-6 minutes before it giving the firmware download error and then other times it gives the error after a minute or two. Yet a couple of times I got the "Set bank fail" error! Each time I have to unplug the power and plug it back in for the monitor to become responsive. I have read through a lot of the posts here which led me to using some of the troubleshooting methods I explained, but I might have missed something else. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

_________

Edit: turns out t's actually quite easy to do a cross ship exchange on Newegg. But I'm very much hoping I can find a way to update the f/w and not go through the hassle.

I'm in for owners chiming in about the firmware update.
Which version are you on? Did the update work properly? Any issues?
Is the sidekick program the method of choice?

Finally got around to figuring out the KVM on this and it both works great and switches fast.

Basic setup is to use provided usb cable from monitor to main rig and then plug mouse and keyboard into the 2 usb ports on the monitor. Second computer has to be connected using the usb c output on the monitor and a secondary display output. I usd a generic usb c to standard usb type cable that i had laying around for my phone so doesnt need to be usb c to usb c.

Once that is done in the KVM settings you match the usb type to the appropriate display ouput and use the "kvm switch" option to switch.

To make the switch faster you can set kvm to one of the quick options on the remote (up down left or right) and then its just a single press to switch between the two rigs.

Last edited:
Its a shame that this only works for 2 rigs as it would be nice if you could KVM for each display output but its only a 2 port kvm so to speak

Finally got around to figuring out the KVM on this and it both works great and switches fast.

Basic setup is to use provided usb cable from monitor to main rig and then plug mouse and keyboard into the 2 usb ports on the monitor. Second computer has to be connected using the usb c output on the monitor and a secondary display. I usd a generic usb c to standard usb type cable that i had laying around for my phone so doesnt need to be usb c to usb c.

Once that is done in the KVM settings you match the usb type to the appropriate display ouput and use the "kvm switch" option to switch.

To make the switch faster you can set kvm to one of the quick options on the remote (up down left or right) and then its just a single press to switch between the two rigs.

Oh cool. Seems like it just save you 1 step of pressing the source button then selecting the other input, instead making just a 1 press button action.

Did you by any chance update your firmware? I'm curious as to how everyone's experience has been updating the firmware. The method? any issues? I heard it hangs up or doesn't work. Because I mos def want to update my firmware when I recieve the monitor this Thursday I just want to see how it went for everyone updating their firmware because there is updated firmware available.

Did you by any chance update your firmware? I'm curious as to how everyone's experience has been updating the firmware. The method? any issues? I heard it hangs up or doesn't work. Because I mos def want to update my firmware when I recieve the monitor this Thursday I just want to see how it went for everyone updating their firmware because there is updated firmware available.

I did and it worked without error but took a long time and was unreponsive for a bit during the process.

No trouble also for me with Firmware update. I used USB cable stock and hdmi.

I advise to try with different computer for people that have trouble with Firmware update.

I just wanna say bravo to Gigabyte for letting the user choose the quick options. Most displays default those to something totally useless like a blue light filter and headphone volume or something. Looking at you, Samsung!

Normally I don’t post “had no problem” scenarios but since someone asked, I updated the firmware no problem via DP, USB and a total of 2 monitors connected. I may have disabled the second monitor as a precaution (don’t remember for sure) but I didn’t disconnect anything and did not run into any errors. Windows 10, Skylake-X direct connection to motherboard chipset USB. Used the sidekick software.

Thank you for the responses about the firmware. I am now confident it will be an easy update.

Have any of you guys tested the FV43U on any of the blurbusters tests? Ufo mprt times? I know It's the first thing I'm going to do when I recieve it this Thursday lol

Have any of you had any issues with dead pixels on your panels? The purchase reviews seem to note there may be damage due to transport in the packaging box as well).

I’m tempted to try this out as besides being a bit on the larger side (coming from 27) it seems to check all the other boxes of what I’m looking for (glossy,high brightness/hdr, 144k hz).

Have any of you had any issues with dead pixels on your panels? The purchase reviews seem to note there may be damage due to transport in the packaging box as well).

I’m tempted to try this out as besides being a bit on the larger side (coming from 27) it seems to check all the other boxes of what I’m looking for (glossy,high brightness/hdr, 144k hz).
Yea I had two of these and sent both back to NewEgg. Each had dead pixels. The first had a small cluster in the center, along with dust under the screen.

The second only had a single one on the left side. It was only visible on a white screen.

I ended up getting their 32inch model and got a perfect one on my first purchase.

Yea I had two of these and sent both back to NewEgg. Each had dead pixels. The first had a small cluster in the center, along with dust under the screen.

The second only had a single one on the left side. It was only visible on a white screen.

I ended up getting their 32inch model and got a perfect one on my first purchase.

No way would I trade the FV43U's High Contrast, better Black and HDR performance with 1 dead pixel for a FI32U with 350cd/m2 but that's your choice.

No way would I trade the FV43U's High Contrast, better Black and HDR performance with 1 dead pixel for a FI32U with 350cd/m2 but that's your choice.

The dead pixel wasn't the reason I switched to the FI32U. I could have easily tried my hand at a third FV43U. In comparing the two, I agree that the FV43U has better blacks and much, much better HDR performance.

My main issue was just having trouble adjusting to using a 43 inch display. I was previously using a 1440p Ultrawide so the jump to 43 inches was quite a leap. I do think it had great benefits for some games I play such as Squad, Hell Let Loose. The increased size really helps with seeing far away targets. For web browsing though it was a chore. Additionally both of my FV43Us had an odd issue where during fast paced games like Doom I could see vertical lines within the panel. It was distracting. I also had an issue where the extreme edges of my 2nd panel appeared to be curved when viewed from an angle. It was easy to see on the MSI Afterburner overlay, the FPS counter would appear curved when viewed from the center of the screen. If you moved your head so that the corner was centered, then it appeared flat.

I still think its a great monitor but there's some quirks I couldn't quite get myself to overlook.

I'm not sure if this is a FV43U-specific issue or not, but does anyone know how to make nvidia GPUs stop detecting this monitor as a "new audio device" every time it is turned on? I'm not even using the displays audio, nor do I have the nvidia HD audio drivers installed.

Normally I don’t post “had no problem” scenarios but since someone asked, I updated the firmware no problem via DP, USB and a total of 2 monitors connected. I may have disabled the second monitor as a precaution (don’t remember for sure) but I didn’t disconnect anything and did not run into any errors. Windows 10, Skylake-X direct connection to motherboard chipset USB. Used the sidekick software.
I’ll add that I had the same “had no problem” scenario too. The only issue I have is that it gets really warm and heats my office. It’ll be great in winter but not so much in summer

I'm not sure if this is a FV43U-specific issue or not, but does anyone know how to make nvidia GPUs stop detecting this monitor as a "new audio device" every time it is turned on? I'm not even using the displays audio, nor do I have the nvidia HD audio drivers installed.
Actually I have this issue with other monitors too, especially if I have them connected via hdmi. I don’t have consistent switching of audio though. Is there a certain software that does this too or is it just nvidia?

I’ll add that I had the same “had no problem” scenario too. The only issue I have is that it gets really warm and heats my office. It’ll be great in winter but not so much in summer

I am not sure but maybe it is because the power brick is incorporated into the panel instead of seperate. This isnt the first time the power brick has been inside the panel so I don't see it causing any issues other than the heat of the brick being where it is instead of down the power supply cord. This is just my guess of course.

The dead pixel wasn't the reason I switched to the FI32U. I could have easily tried my hand at a third FV43U. In comparing the two, I agree that the FV43U has better blacks and much, much better HDR performance.

My main issue was just having trouble adjusting to using a 43 inch display. I was previously using a 1440p Ultrawide so the jump to 43 inches was quite a leap. I do think it had great benefits for some games I play such as Squad, Hell Let Loose. The increased size really helps with seeing far away targets. For web browsing though it was a chore. Additionally both of my FV43Us had an odd issue where during fast paced games like Doom I could see vertical lines within the panel. It was distracting. I also had an issue where the extreme edges of my 2nd panel appeared to be curved when viewed from an angle. It was easy to see on the MSI Afterburner overlay, the FPS counter would appear curved when viewed from the center of the screen. If you moved your head so that the corner was centered, then it appeared flat.

I still think its a great monitor but there's some quirks I couldn't quite get myself to overlook.

Ah, Now I understand. Size can take some getting used to. It wasn't bad for me as I went from a 32" 4K to the FV43U at the office and I was able to set it a bit further back, which also helps with the edge looking a bit curving away but you eyes will actually adjust in a couple weeks even if you don't set it further back.

Hey All, I have read almost everything on all 16 pages of this thread and still couldn't decide which monitor to go for. Currently I'm using Samsung 32" UH850 UHD 4k QLED Monitor and I must say it's the best monitor I ever had. Picture quality is great, colours nice and text really sharp, shame it's only 60Hz as otherwise I'd keep it. Anyway, I decided it's time for an upgrade.

I have some concerns getting the FV43U because of the BGR pixel layout as I do work on my main screen connected to a MacBook Pro. Was really torn for a while between this one and LG C1 48" (as the 42" one isn't available yet) but given that I'll be working a lot on this screen I was worried about the burn in - just not enough patience to take all the pracutions. Decided to order FV43U and will receive it tomorrow but I'm still having second thoughts. All I wanted is the best picture quality I can get, 120Hz, VRR and good performance for productivity. Also 32" is a bit small so wanted something bigger - 43" is a sweetspot for me I think.

The thing is that I know the best quality I can get is from OLED - I have LG 55" CX in my living room and when used with my PC - gaming is awesome and I love the picture in general, deep blacks and contrast but as mentioned - working on OLED with same windows, same positions every day for 8 hours would probably kill it hence I decided to go for the 43" FV43U. All IPS monitors are a no no for me because of poor blacks and blooming -nice colours though.

I was looking at some other VA based TV's with 120Hz panels and there is Sony 43" KD43X89JU, and comming soon Samsung Neo QLED QE43QN90A - but a couple of things put me off. Sony - poor local dimming on 43" model and lack of VRR support yet so not sure how this will work. Samsung - I saw a few videos with those neo QLED screens showing blooming around bright objects on a dark screen. I'm a big fan of deep black and no blooming.

So to my conclusion - after weeks of research and fighting with myself - I'll have FV43U tomorrow. I think there might be a few other people with similar dilemma so I thought I'll share this with you guys. Of course I'll give you a follow up review of the monitor once I receive it so that you can learn from my experience if by any chance it will be helpfull to anyone :).

Hey All, I have read almost everything on all 16 pages of this thread and still couldn't decide which monitor to go for. Currently I'm using Samsung 32" UH850 UHD 4k QLED Monitor and I must say it's the best monitor I ever had. Picture quality is great, colours nice and text really sharp, shame it's only 60Hz as otherwise I'd keep it. Anyway, I decided it's time for an upgrade.

I have some concerns getting the FV43U because of the BGR pixel layout as I do work on my main screen connected to a MacBook Pro. Was really torn for a while between this one and LG C1 48" (as the 42" one isn't available yet) but given that I'll be working a lot on this screen I was worried about the burn in - just not enough patience to take all the pracutions. Decided to order FV43U and will receive it tomorrow but I'm still having second thoughts. All I wanted is the best picture quality I can get, 120Hz, VRR and good performance for productivity. Also 32" is a bit small so wanted something bigger - 43" is a sweetspot for me I think.

The thing is that I know the best quality I can get is from OLED - I have LG 55" CX in my living room and when used with my PC - gaming is awesome and I love the picture in general, deep blacks and contrast but as mentioned - working on OLED with same windows, same positions every day for 8 hours would probably kill it hence I decided to go for the 43" FV43U. All IPS monitors are a no no for me because of poor blacks and blooming -nice colours though.

I was looking at some other VA based TV's with 120Hz panels and there is Sony 43" KD43X89JU, and comming soon Samsung Neo QLED QE43QN90A - but a couple of things put me off. Sony - poor local dimming on 43" model and lack of VRR support yet so not sure how this will work. Samsung - I saw a few videos with those neo QLED screens showing blooming around bright objects on a dark screen. I'm a big fan of deep black and no blooming.

So to my conclusion - after weeks of research and fighting with myself - I'll have FV43U tomorrow. I think there might be a few other people with similar dilemma so I thought I'll share this with you guys. Of course I'll give you a follow up review of the monitor once I receive it so that you can learn from my experience if by any chance it will be helpfull to anyone :).

I went from an Acer B326HK IPS to the FV at the office and I do quite a bit of work with a browser on one side and a large excel on the other side plus a big of gaming here and there and I love it.

I am in the same exact position as you. I tried the C1 & wasn't what I wanted so I returned it. Like you I will receive the FV43U tomorrow. I am anxious to run it through my gamut of tests and see how it fairs. Also don't forget that the FV43U can achieve 4k @ 144hz on Display port and the cable is provided so you would leave performance on the table going hdmi 2.1 instead of Displayport 1.4.

I went from an Acer B326HK IPS to the FV at the office and I do quite a bit of work with a browser on one side and a large excel on the other side plus a big of gaming here and there and I love it.

Good to hear positive reviews, thanks for sharing.

Happy to hear that. I hope I'll end up being happy too 🙂.

I am in the same exact position as you. I tried the C1 & wasn't what I wanted so I returned it. Like you I will receive the FV43U tomorrow. I am anxious to run it through my gamut of tests and see how it fairs. Also don't forget that the FV43U can achieve 4k @ 144hz on Display port and the cable is provided so you would leave performance on the table going hdmi 2.1 instead of Displayport 1.4.
Yes, the display port is the way to go with this monitor and that's what I'm planning to use as I have only RTX 2070 so no HDMI 2.1 for me. Was actually looking to upgrade but when I checked current stock and pricing... well it's a hard time for PC gamers. Happy my 2070 still runs quite well with new games as no upgrade is coming this year.

Hi everyone, signed up here just now because this is by far the biggest and most active thread about this monitor that I can find. I'm assuming it's a symptom of it being a relatively niche size and price range but it's not been spoken about as much as I'd have hoped!

I've had mine for a month now and I enjoy using it in almost every way. I quickly noticed some weirdness surrounding text clarity though, and anyone could be forgiven for assuming it has something to do with the BGR layout and incorrect subpixel rendering. It's not that, unfortunately, and so far I've only found one or two other people that have noticed the issue. It involves pixels affecting those directly below them, it's most obvious when grey is on a full black or full white canvas but this is far from the only scenario where it happens if you know what to look for.

I made a quick and dirty test image to be viewed on the FV43U to prove the point - assuming the issue is universal, horizontal lines will be discoloured by those above them. The grey becomes lighter when below white and darker when below black. The text is small and aliased and is an extreme example but (at least for me) shows the issue up very well.

FV43Ubug.png

What's even more strange is the problem gets worse higher up the panel. Pull this image down to the bottom (center especially) and it goes away almost entirely. No amount of settings changes, port changes or device changes solve the issue. I tested it on my PS5, same thing. I'm also running the newest F04 beta firmware, that didn't change it.

Another glaring visual error is demonstrated by viewing the clock and phase test pattern at lagom.nl here: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php

If you view this in a window that is 50% horizontal width (or any size other than full, honestly), the test pattern ghosts across the rest of the screen. It's not one that comes up much in every day use but even scrolling up and down this thread on half the screen makes lines ghost across the other half, most obvious if using a dark theme in something.

I have reported all this to Gigabyte through their eSupport page but I'm still waiting for a further response past the boilerplate "Try a different port" reply.

If anyone else who owns this screen can prove that I'm not just going insane (or that I've got a dud) I'd really like to know. I've only ever found one or two others that have seen this prblem on the FV43U, one suggestion was that it could be a T-CON board firmware problem. I have no idea myself but I'm hoping it CAN be fixed in software but it feels like a panel issue.

Assuming it's universal, maybe more people getting on Gigabyte's back about this would help!

Hi everyone, signed up here just now because this is by far the biggest and most active thread about this monitor that I can find. I'm assuming it's a symptom of it being a relatively niche size and price range but it's not been spoken about as much as I'd have hoped!
I can't see the discoloration in the first test. All the lines have the same color.

But I can see the horizontal ghosting in the second test. On my other monitor (Acer Predator VA Panel) the picture causes slight brightness flickering on the whole screen. Although I don't really know where this defect would really come up. Scrolling this forum has no effect on mine.

Sorry I can't review the monitor yet because USPS can never, ever, deliver anything on time for me. Amazon passed it to USPS & as soon as that happens RIP to my package. Another casualty for USPS no surprise.

If I dont get it by Saturday they will send out a replacment.

Ps. Leave it to USPS to either miss, lose, or forget to deliver a massive 43" screen. It's not like It's a small letter in an evelope, this is a giant box but I digress...face palm*

For reference this is what my test image looks like on my FV43U.

20210730_111916.jpg

I received mine yesterday and was able to play a little bit with it and just a few notes below:

Image quality - better than I expected. Really nice colours, deep blacks and good contrast. Even in dark scenes it really performs well. But - this is when you look at the center of the screen or from quite far. If you sit close - you can see image degradation in the corners. For gaming it's not a big issue but wor working / productivity I personally have some issues with it.

Text clarity - as some of us mentioned above, there are some issues like poor clarity, ghosting on black background etc. I could live with it but sometimes it's too much.

Response time - really fast panel, great response in gaming.

HDR - I'm surprised - really like the HDR in Mass Effect LE and must say in gaming this monitor really shines.

In general - if you never had OLED panel - you will be really happy with this one because the image quality is really great but more for gaming that productivity. If you own an OLED - the image quality in OLED will be better in every aspect maybe except brightness in HDR but I use it in my room which is normally dark so I'm not after brightness.

I had really high hopes for this monitor and I can't say I'm disappointed, just the bad you except is the bad you get.

Some faults with my panel - on the left edge I can see the panel is not finished by a straight line but a bit deformed, not a big issue though but enough for me to return it with ease. Other issue I have a terrible dirty screen effect. Not always noticable but for me being very sensitive to image quality - I can see it in youtube, games and any grey / white screens.

Other thing is that id does not accept 4k 60Hz signal from my macbook pro 2015 - have tried mini dp to HDMI, mini dp to USB-C and all I can get is 1440p. If I run Mini DP to DP then it works fine but I need DP for my PC. On my OLED CX 55 ich the mini DP to HDMI cable gives me 4k 60Hz with no issues so it mus be an issue with the screen software / hardware.

I have used it for a few hours with stock firmware and can confirm that updaing to the new one improves text clarity and image quality but I would still say the text looks better on my CX 55 inch than on this one.

I'm thinking about getting 48 inch C1 but still not sure about the burn-in issue as I will work 8 hours a day on this screen but on very low brightness which I think will reduce the risk of burn in.

I'll have the monitor for a few days before I make my final decision so if anyone have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

I received mine yesterday and was able to play a little bit with it and just a few notes below:

Image quality - better than I expected. Really nice colours, deep blacks and good contrast. Even in dark scenes it really performs well. But - this is when you look at the center of the screen or from quite far. If you sit close - you can see image degradation in the corners. For gaming it's not a big issue but wor working / productivity I personally have some issues with it.

Text clarity - as some of us mentioned above, there are some issues like poor clarity, ghosting on black background etc. I could live with it but sometimes it's too much.

Response time - really fast panel, great response in gaming.

HDR - I'm surprised - really like the HDR in Mass Effect LE and must say in gaming this monitor really shines.

In general - if you never had OLED panel - you will be really happy with this one because the image quality is really great but more for gaming that productivity. If you own an OLED - the image quality in OLED will be better in every aspect maybe except brightness in HDR but I use it in my room which is normally dark so I'm not after brightness.

I had really high hopes for this monitor and I can't say I'm disappointed, just the bad you except is the bad you get.

Some faults with my panel - on the left edge I can see the panel is not finished by a straight line but a bit deformed, not a big issue though but enough for me to return it with ease. Other issue I have a terrible dirty screen effect. Not always noticable but for me being very sensitive to image quality - I can see it in youtube, games and any grey / white screens.

Other thing is that id does not accept 4k 60Hz signal from my macbook pro 2015 - have tried mini dp to HDMI, mini dp to USB-C and all I can get is 1440p. If I run Mini DP to DP then it works fine but I need DP for my PC. On my OLED CX 55 ich the mini DP to HDMI cable gives me 4k 60Hz with no issues so it mus be an issue with the screen software / hardware.

I have used it for a few hours with stock firmware and can confirm that updaing to the new one improves text clarity and image quality but I would still say the text looks better on my CX 55 inch than on this one.

I'm thinking about getting 48 inch C1 but still not sure about the burn-in issue as I will work 8 hours a day on this screen but on very low brightness which I think will reduce the risk of burn in.

I'll have the monitor for a few days before I make my final decision so if anyone have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

How far are you sitting from the screen? I sit about 30" away since my glasses was set for that distance back when I have the B326HK and I only see very minor image degradation about 1/2" to the edge. If I move back to about 40", I really don't see any (getting new glasses soon).

Text clarity is better in SDR vs HDR so I turn off windows HDR and use one of the non HDR mode. Kinda a pain but it does helps if you're doing serious work.

I'll never use a current gen OLED for a monitor, not going to repeat what I said but you can read back on this thread if you want.

How far are you sitting from the screen? I sit about 30" away since my glasses was set for that distance back when I have the B326HK and I only see very minor image degradation about 1/2" to the edge. If I move back to about 40", I really don't see any (getting new glasses soon).

Text clarity is better in SDR vs HDR so I turn off windows HDR and use one of the non HDR mode. Kinda a pain but it does helps if you're doing serious work.

I'll never use a current gen OLED for a monitor, not going to repeat what I said but you can read back on this thread if you want.
I see you made some good pints earlier in the conversation about the OLEDs not being bright enouh and the real burn in risk but have you ever used OLED as a monitor for a long term ? Sorry if I missed that, didn't want to go through all 16 pages again :). The thing is that I'll be using it in a rather dark room and I always have brightness between 10%- 30% so brightnes for me is completely no factor here. As of burn in - I see mixed state here where some people claim to have little to no burn in others complain they have but of course it depends how bright settings you use. I think if I can get 3 years out of this monitor with amazing picture quality, probably I would already be looking at upgrading it anyway.

As of the FV43U - I sit around 25" to 35" away and the bottom corners look dirty yellow ish on both sides. I use to have 49" Samsung Q7F a couple of years ago connected to my PC for a few months and didn't experience this (that was also VA panel). I'm not saying this monitor is bad as it's not. It's a great gaming monitor with great colours and blacks but I think it's too big compromise between burn in risk and quality. I went to a shop today to check out OLED 48" C1 and I think I'll go for it.

View attachment 379787
Check that you are running in 4:4:4/RGB and try different sharpness settings if the display has those. Sometimes sharpness can make weird issues and some monitors might have weird "no sharpening" values. For example my Samsung CRG9 has no sharpening at 56% value which is nuts.

The test image you posted earlier looks perfect on my LG CX 48" if scaling is set to 100%, 200% or 300%. Anything in between will blur the lines as the image is no longer scaled 1:1 on the website. But still nothing like yours.

I see you made some good pints earlier in the conversation about the OLEDs not being bright enouh and the real burn in risk but have you ever used OLED as a monitor for a long term ? Sorry if I missed that, didn't want to go through all 16 pages again :). The thing is that I'll be using it in a rather dark room and I always have brightness between 10%- 30% so brightnes for me is completely no factor here. As of burn in - I see mixed state here where some people claim to have little to no burn in others complain they have but of course it depends how bright settings you use. I think if I can get 3 years out of this monitor with amazing picture quality, probably I would already be looking at upgrading it anyway.

As of the FV43U - I sit around 25" to 35" away and the bottom corners look dirty yellow ish on both sides. I use to have 49" Samsung Q7F a couple of years ago connected to my PC for a few months and didn't experience this (that was also VA panel). I'm not saying this monitor is bad as it's not. It's a great gaming monitor with great colours and blacks but I think it's too big compromise between burn in risk and quality. I went to a shop today to check out OLED 48" C1 and I think I'll go for it.

I had a 77" CX for a couple months in my living room before I dumped it for a Q90T. Never tried OLED at the office as it's a real office with overhead fluorescent lighting and windows on 2 sides (with shades).

25" is really close, you can feel the heat coming off the screen but I'm not surprised that you can see noticeable color shifts at that distance as I can still see them at 30". Is there a reason you're working so close? Can't be good for your eyes. I know even 30" is too close that's why I'm getting new short distance glasses set to about 35"-40".

Just for reference I had the C1 and the ABL was intolerable for me. That along with the burn in risk. Also the 48" size is larger that what I want to go with.

I have the FV43U coming in next Thursday and If it has any issues that I won't accept, I may have to just give up on a large format screen for a while till some better ones come about without ANY issues or precautions needed.

Check that you are running in 4:4:4/RGB and try different sharpness settings if the display has those. Sometimes sharpness can make weird issues and some monitors might have weird "no sharpening" values. For example my Samsung CRG9 has no sharpening at 56% value which is nuts.

The test image you posted earlier looks perfect on my LG CX 48" if scaling is set to 100%, 200% or 300%. Anything in between will blur the lines as the image is no longer scaled 1:1 on the website. But still nothing like yours.

I've tried several computers and the PS5, making sure 4:4:4 and full-range RGB are set. Both DP and HDMI. Also viewing the image at 1:1 as I realise anything else defeats the point. This definitely isn't a subsampling, sharpness or scaling issue because it happens no matter what. The confusing thing is that it's worse further up the panel and virtually non-existent at the bottom.

It's simply all pixels interfering with the pixel directly below, all over the panel at all times, progressively worse towards the top of the panel. The test image I posted is a way to flag it up.

I'm keen to get to the bottom of this to find out if it's only an issue on a few samples of the FV43U or whether it's on all of them. If it's not universal I'll be RMAing direct to Gigabyte fully describing the symptoms (again) and hope that they can do something about it or send a problem-free replacement.

EDIT: Here's another attempt at getting a photo of the problem. ANY pixel directly below black is far darker than it should be, the brighter ones all have non-black above them and are correct. It looks worse to the eye - my phone camera is HDRing this up and squeezing it into sRGB.

20210730_140237.jpg

Wow, that looks unacceptable right? zoomed in looks worse than sitting 20-30" away? I'd imagine it is still pretty bad from further viewing distances by how it looks in this image. yikes.

If my sample has this issue I would almost for certain send it back because my Acer Predator Z1 has immaculate text not a single hiccup.

It's definitely unacceptable, I just don't want to send it back for a replacement only to be hit with the same problem, hence trying to find out if other owners can see the same pixel-level interference.

It's definitely unacceptable, I just don't want to send it back for a replacement only to be hit with the same problem, hence trying to find out if other owners can see the same pixel-level interference.

I'm actually wondering if this panel has a lot of defective units? Or is it that the people that come to the forums are usually the few that are experiencing problems? I mean there is no other 40"+ 4k monitor that does 144hz so It's this or wait for more in the near future...

This is what the test image looks like (viewed in separate window) for me

1. Direct Screen Capture (printscreen)

TestImageScreencap.png

And this is a picture taken from my really shitty galaxy A20 camera
20210731_155552.jpg

Back