GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

Response? That's still very vague to me. As I pointed out early, the professional reviews have the Aorus with lower input lag. I'm not sure if this is affected by settings or using HDR. Can you use a non-HDR picture mode and compare the 'response'?

As someone that will not touch a CX with a10' pole. There is one advantage on a OLED over LCDs. It's the Pixel response. The pixel will turn on and off faster than any LCD which does help if you play a lot of fast action games. But since I do a lot of other stuff on my PC other than just gaming, I will not trade that over all the other problems with a OLED.

Did a few more comparisons against the CX, below are some pics. Just to note, that my phone camera is making the photos look more saturated and makes the CX appear blurry when infact it is not at all.

Cyberpunk 2077
FV43U:
View attachment 365015

CX:
View attachment 365016

FV43U:
View attachment 365017

CX:
View attachment 365018

FV43U:
View attachment 365019

CX:
View attachment 365020

FV43U:
View attachment 365021

CX:
View attachment 365022

Ok, so I will say it, I have come to the conclusion that I will keep the CX and will be getting rid of the Aorus FV43U.

The CX just has much better colors, and much better darks, and much better motion and input response. I have 'Balance' OD on the Aorus selected, it's not terrible but the motion is just not clear and instant like the OLED pixel, there is just no contest with the motion compared to the CX. It feels much nicer to play with. The only thing the FV43U is better at is having a much higher brightness level, but I don't think the brightness level on the CX is bad anyways, so really to me it's just a no brainer.

I am not saying the Aorus is a bad gaming monitor by any standard. It is still a great monitor, and still outputs a great HDR gaming picture, and I could be happy keeping it, but like another forum member said here previously, the only thing the Aorus did was make him appreciate his CX even more. And I have to 100% agree with him there. Ofcourse I am only comparing one aspect, HDR gaming and response, and the CX is just better for that, that is why I am keeping it. I know some people may disagree with me, but that is just my opinion and it took me a few hrs of gaming to realise it and am confident my choice is correct for my use.

Well, to each his own but every CX picture looks over saturated, over sharpened and more like a postcard photo than what you actually see with your eyes.

Last edited:
As someone that will not touch a CX with a10' pole. There is one advantage on a OLED over LCDs. It's the Pixel response. The pixel will turn on and off faster than any LCD which does help if you play a lot of fast action games. But since I do a lot of other stuff on my PC other than just gaming, I will not trade that over all the other problems with a OLED.
Pixel response? Definitely. Shadow said 'input response'. I don't see how that can be true unless there's something introducing more input lag on the Aorus when it's in HDR mode or has a certain setting turn on. The input lag on the CX is low for a tv but I have a hard time believing it's superior in that regard (especially when the numbers I've seen don't bear that out, and my experience conflicts with it as well).

Pixel response? Definitely. Shadow said 'input response'. I don't see how that can be true unless there's something introducing more input lag on the Aorus when it's in HDR mode or has a certain setting turn on. The input lag on the CX is low for a tv but I have a hard time believing it's superior in that regard (especially when the numbers I've seen don't bear that out, and my experience conflicts with it as well).

I also believe there maybe something wrong with my settings or something because I feel like the input response should be faster on the Aorus.

I tried SDR and it was the same feeling. Ok so out of all the games I tried, the CX felt snappier with input response except for Horizon Zero Dawn. Only that game, the input response felt slightly quicker on the FV43U. Maybe it has something to do with darker games being slower? Because Horizon Zero dawn is a pretty bright game, the other games I tested were more darker looking games.

Well, to each his own but every CX picture looks over saturated, over sharpened and more like a postcard photo than what you actually see with your eyes.
Like I said my phone camera was making the CX pics look more saturated then what it actually is.

I find that this FV43U VA panel is almost as slow as the XG438Q I had a few years back, except with much less smearing.

The only VA panel that I feel is as fast as an IPS panel is the Samsung G7 panel, those ones have impressive speeds.

I also believe there maybe something wrong with my settings or something because I feel like the input response should be faster on the Aorus.

I tried SDR and it was the same feeling. Ok so out of all the games I tried, the CX felt snappier with input response except for Horizon Zero Dawn. Only that game, the input response felt slightly quicker on the FV43U. Maybe it has something to do with darker games being slower? Because Horizon Zero dawn is a pretty bright game, the other games I tested were more darker looking games.

Like I said my phone camera was making the CX pics look more saturated then what it actually is.

I find that this FV43U VA panel is almost as slow as the XG438Q I had a few years back, except with much less smearing.

The only VA panel that I feel is as fast as an IPS panel is the Samsung G7 panel, those ones have impressive speeds.

The color or brightness of what's being displayed onscreen should have no impact on the input response (aka amount of input lag in milliseconds).

I'm guessing your interpretation is likely being affected by what your eyes are perceiving as less black blur on the OLED in mid-dark scenes and this is influencing how fast you think the actual controls are responding. Not unreasonable but I bet if you measured it (using tools I, or most normal people don't have) it would be faster on the Aorus.

I just noticed that the colour shift on text (white text on grey background) when scrolling is only apparent on 144Hz whereas it's basically non-existent on 120Hz. Not sure if that's a bug or due to display stream compression (DSC) as I'm using display port. Anyone else with this monitor notice apparent shifting when scrolling?

DSC should have no effect on text quality (or image quality whatsoever) so it might be a bug.

DSC should have no effect on text quality (or image quality whatsoever) so it might be a bug.
I've noticed the same thing with DP1.4 and the text. I don't mind it because the 144KHz gaming on Destiny 2 beats the HDMI gaming on my PS5 to a LGE9 and 120KHz (it certainly is beautiful on the E9 however I don't push it having gone through TWO panels for OLED burn in).

Just sold my FV43U. Possibly the last VA panel I ever buy.
I would not rule out VA completely. I was rather impressed by how the Samsung G7 display my friend has performed. Much better for black smearing and overall response times than any other VA I've seen. AUO does not seem to be at that level and to be fair Samsung has had a lot of issues on theirs too.

I would not rule out VA completely. I was rather impressed by how the Samsung G7 display my friend has performed. Much better for black smearing and overall response times than any other VA I've seen. AUO does not seem to be at that level and to be fair Samsung has had a lot of issues on theirs too.

You are rite, actually I had a 32" G7 before and it did have way better motion, almost no smearing at all, was probably by far the best VA panel out there in terms of response. I only sold it beause I was noticing overshoot in PUBG and decided to go for a smaller screen size at the same time, otherwise it was a very good display.

Don't see many used ones bring sold considering it hasnt been out long and most people still in their stores return period.

Don't see many used ones bring sold considering it hasnt been out long and most people still in their stores return period.

I am in Australia, we don't get the return policy on monitors or other electronic goods if it has been opened and is not faulty.

Just registered to give my 2 cents to this monitor (with an 1080 ti and DisplayPort), using it for a week now:

Some problems:

- color shift is terrible when using YCbCr422 so you have to use RGB to get clear text. When using UHD (3840x2160) 144hz you can`t use RGB (with my 1080ti which also doesn`t support DSC) so you are forced to use 120hz for clear text, not a problem for me at the moment but i hope they patch it sometime in the future (if possible)
- i have disconnect problems with some demanding games (UHD, HDR, 120hz and 144hz), sometimes the screen gets black and loses connection. I tried with many DisplayPort cables (also bought 2 short cables, 1m) and while it got better the problem still exists. In Gears 5 and Monster Hunter World it happens very often, Destiny 2 sometimes.
- the HDR is absolutely fantastic for a monitor, even though it is not "real" HDR (8 Bit + FRC) the image is great and on par with real HDR TVs
- motion is also very good but you have to adjust the image to get the best result
- sometimes when you mess up picture settings you have to reset all settings to go back to the previous setting (for example: when you switch to sRGB and go back to previous setting you can`t adjust settings you could before)
- what i also don`t like: the lowest brightness setting is still to bright in my opinion

Overall i think this is a great monitor. First i wanted to return in but after some adjustment and getting used to it i absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: N4CR
like this
Some problems:

- color shift is terrible when using YCbCr422 so you have to use RGB to get clear text. When using UHD (3840x2160) 144hz you can`t use RGB (with my 1080ti which also doesn`t support DSC) so you are forced to use 120hz for clear text, not a problem for me at the moment but i hope they patch it sometime in the future (if possible)
- i have disconnect problems with some demanding games (UHD, HDR, 120hz and 144hz), sometimes the screen gets black and loses connection. I tried with many DisplayPort cables (also bought 2 short cables, 1m) and while it got better the problem still exists. In Gears 5 and Monster Hunter World it happens very often, Destiny 2 sometimes.

I think I have a similar problem with DSC not supported on my Vega 56.

In general Windows if I want 4K RGB full, I have to use 120Hz and 8-bit color. To avoid disconnect problems with games, I set Windows display settings to 1440p 144Hz 10-bit color before launching a game and I also make sure it's set to 1440p in-game.

I've been trying to get a new video card since they were released, and because of the above I've become even more desperate. I'm gonna quit PC gaming for a bit and gonna try to get an Xbox.

I agree that VA are garbage generally. I have been happy with my G7 as a daily monitor to my CX.

Could anyone try the PIP function?
I would like to see a photo of how much could be small the second source in overlay in the corner (if it is possible)

Here's another one boys! You gotta be kidding
Well that is useful.
Reading through these pages, the overall consensus seems to be that this is a very good to great monitor at this size and at around $1000. It seems that if you prefer a bright monitor in a room, in the daytime, or with the lights on and you want a BFGD, then pull the trigger, it is great. If you want it to double as your movie watching machine, in a dark room, designed for theatre emersion then go with a cx or c1. Now if LG comes out with a 42 inch c1, I feel like they will charge in the 1500 dollar range. That is not bgreat value to me, but maybe I am wrong. I wanted to go down in size from 55 inches, 42 is where I wanted to be. I am so happy I did. If the c1 or cx 48 had been $999, I probably would have pulled the trigger. I am glad that was not the case, I want the brightness. This monitor looks fantastic, I will be happy for years, I get how good OLED is but to me this comes down to use cases, and this is a proper monitor with some features I like that is versatile. It is an excellent buy IMO. Something not mentioned alot is that the speakers are excellent. They are not theatre grade but certainly many times better than standard pc speakers. I use studio monitors, but if I was building a new system with this monitor in place, i would put off buying speakers to save if needed without issue. The speakers are loud.

Seeing how some users already had OLED and got the FV43U to see if it's a worthy replacement (general census is it's not), I did the opposite where I currently have the FV43U and had recently bought the LG C1 48" (was on sale for $1900 CAD, cheaper than CX, coming this Saturday). This is just to see if the C1 is worth the extra over this monitor as I am really curious due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews on CX/C1 from previous high end LCD owners.

Seeing how some users already had OLED and got the FV43U to see if it's a worthy replacement (general census is it's not), I did the opposite where I currently have the FV43U and had recently bought the LG C1 48" (was on sale for $1900 CAD, cheaper than CX, coming this Saturday). This is just to see if the C1 is worth the extra over this monitor as I am really curious due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews on CX/C1 from previous high end LCD owners.

Again, As someone that will not touch a OLED with a 10ft pole. If I'm force to choose between the CX and the C1, I would take the CX.

Again, As someone that will not touch a OLED with a 10ft pole. If I'm force to choose between the CX and the C1, I would take the CX.
I must have missed it - do you only dislike OLED in the monitor space or both as a TV and a monitor?

Is it just the burn-in potential?

No he hates them period cause they don't melt you eyes with 299494u63 nit brightness.
No! It's because very so called advantage of a OLED except for pixel response disappear in most real world environment and at the end of the day, what you get is an altered image that may look better to some but is by no way accurate or as intended in the stream/Disc.

Last edited:
I must have missed it - do you only dislike OLED in the monitor space or both as a TV and a monitor?

Is it just the burn-in potential?

Both as a TV and as a Monitor. The line is pretty blurry nowadays, My 75" Q90T is also my HTPC and I have 4K Blu-ray player and streaming device hooked up to my monitors with full Dolby Atmos.

Where to start.. Here's one of my earlier post:

Only problem is that an OLED can only achieve that rating at a very narrow set of environmental condition (dim room with no light color furniture to reflect off the screen) while the best QLED which gets .2 less (.3 in the case of my Q90T) works much better in a much wider range.

The true black advantage disappear anytime there's a small amount of ambient light as you won't be able to tell the difference between true black and .09 nits from the ambient light reflecting off the screen.

Blooming while still present, are usually minimal on the top QLEDs (really only noticeable in the examples I listed above) .

Pixel response pretty much only appeal to hardcore gamers and 95% of the consumer can care less.

Infinite contrast ratio for OLED is basically useless as an OLED with 1 nit of max brightness will still have an infinite contrast ratio. If you take the above example with a minimal amount of ambient light reflecting off the screen, say something around .05 (which is a black level that cannot be achieve usually in most room even with blackout curtains) and calculate a contrast ratio, even with the very aggressive ABL settings, it still comes in way under those from the best QLEDs .

The CX have a very non linear brightness drop as bright area gets bigger across the screen.

CX gets 817 nit at 10%, 465 at 25% and a dismal 311 at 50%. That alone makes it totally useless unless it's in a very dark room.
Sony X90J while only getting 786 nits at 10% can still get 656 at 25% and 558 at 50%.

This results in a very aggressive ABL setting where it dims the rest of the scene so the bright looks brighter, This is also why some people think they look better as the bright seem brighter and the dark seems darker but you're getting a modified picture from what was originally encoded into the stream or 4K blu-ray disc.

This is a perfect example of how a OLED will look out of the ideal environment (Sony A9G w/C9 panel). Notice the "blooming" around the subtitle. This is cause by the aggressive ABL treating it as a bright object and setting the brightness to peak while dimming the rest of the picture. The Subs are so bright that it's actually reflecting off the top screen layer.

IMG_8881.jpg

Add a highly reflective screen to the above problem and you have an unusable TV in the daytime and good luck finding your true black.

IMG_8880.jpg

So, at the end of the day. Outside of a very dim/dark room or a controlled test environment. All the OLED's "advantage" disappears and you're down to good old brightness and contrast ratio to see how good it looks in a real world environment. Real world use is the reason I dumped the CX after 2 months as it only looks good in the evening and is pretty much sub par to the Q90T the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Well the C1 was cheaper and many reviewers suggested to get the cheapest one out of the two. The only difference I see between the CX and C1 is apparently lower brightness (not by much as well) and lower input lag on C1.

Well the C1 was cheaper and many reviewers suggested to get the cheapest one out of the two. The only difference I see between the CX and C1 is apparently lower brightness (not by much as well) and lower input lag on C1.

The aggressive ABL in the CX is bad enough and it's worse in the C1 with less brightness.

No! It's because very so called advantage of a OLED except for pixel response disappear in most real world environment and at the end of the day, what you get is an altered image that may look better to some but is by no way accurate or as intended in the stream/Disc.
You in a very small minority and trying hard to shit on OLEDs. Everyone I know loves theirs.

Real world use is the reason I dumped the CX after 2 months as it only looks good in the evening and is pretty much sub par to the Q90T the rest of the time.
My experience is still the total opposite. I have plenty of natural light flooding into my apartment yet I use the exact same settings in the day and evening. This is for working on the desktop during the normal working day and if I was bothered by the image quality then I definitely would have sent the CX back. My gf is on vacation and she was playing the new FF7 Remake DLC on our living room C9 in bright daylight and every time I took a look it looked nothing less than glorious in HDR.

I also own a Samsung KS8000 and CRG9 both capable of 1000 nit brightness with rubbish local dimming and neither of them looks anywhere near as good as the OLEDs for HDR or SDR content. Despite having about double the sustained brightness ratings of the C9 it just doesn't translate to an actually better image quality to my eyes regardless of the situation.

But just use whatever works best for your situation. That's why there's no one size fits all solution. OLEDs are the best compromise for my uses at the moment.

My experience is still the total opposite. I have plenty of natural light flooding into my apartment yet I use the exact same settings in the day and evening. This is for working on the desktop during the normal working day and if I was bothered by the image quality then I definitely would have sent the CX back. My gf is on vacation and she was playing the new FF7 Remake DLC on our living room C9 in bright daylight and every time I took a look it looked nothing less than glorious in HDR.

I also own a Samsung KS8000 and CRG9 both capable of 1000 nit brightness with rubbish local dimming and neither of them looks anywhere near as good as the OLEDs for HDR or SDR content. Despite having about double the sustained brightness ratings of the C9 it just doesn't translate to an actually better image quality to my eyes regardless of the situation.

But just use whatever works best for your situation. That's why there's no one size fits all solution. OLEDs are the best compromise for my uses at the moment.
I seen a B7 OLED in a house that was pretty damn open with a ton natural light and still incredible. It is like a OLED kicked his puppy and stole his wife or something. I really don't know what he really is going on about. VA TVs and monitors look terrible to me. The ghosting, BLB and Haloing is so distracting for me. They look like trash to me in dark screens.

I am looking at getting this monitor for a mix of 80/20 productivity/gaming to replace my Acer XB271HU. Does anyone have any pictures or experience with how the BGR layout effects spreadsheets, documents, and code?

I seen a B7 OLED in a house that was pretty damn open with a ton natural light and still incredible. It is like a OLED kicked his puppy and stole his wife or something. I really don't know what he really is going on about. VA TVs and monitors look terrible to me. The ghosting, BLB and Haloing is so distracting for me. They look like trash to me in dark screens.

Well, Show me yours as I have shown you mine. At least I have put up examples to back up my claims while all you keep saying is no it doesn't look bad. Too bad I no longer have my CX, Otherwise, I'll have tons more horrible pics for you. But at least I took pictures of the A9G with C9 panel and show how horrible it looks. Put Netflix's The Irregular ep 3 on there and take some pictures and put it up.

I have also put up a simple challenge on many forum and so far no one have the guts to take me up on it. Put you CX next to a window (preferably with a view). Take a HDR picture out the window on a sunny day. put it on the CX, then take a HDR picture of both the CX and the view out the window and compare the two. You'll see that the tonal mapping is totally different and you're getting an altered image just like a postcard. Does it look good, probably but is it accurate, NO!.

Last edited:
I am looking at getting this monitor for a mix of 80/20 productivity/gaming to replace my Acer XB271HU. Does anyone have any pictures or experience with how the BGR layout effects spreadsheets, documents, and code?

I'd also like to know more about this and less about people's opinions on OLEDs.

I'll try to have some pictures for you tomorrow when I get back to the office. My usage is about like your so I often have a vendor order page on one side of the screen while I have a spreadsheet open on the other side and I just copy and paste to do stock/price check.

I have been using this display for productivity (documents, coding and reading) as well and text looks clear at 150% scaling with the only problem being scrolling with light text on a darker background which causes smudging. 100% scaling looks a bit blurry, but 125-150% scaling should fix that (this also depends on how far you sit).
DSC_0055.JPG

This picture was taken much closer to show how close you'd have to be to see some blur.

I am glad that was not the case, I want the brightness.
I am guessing you actually haven't played a same game side-by-side against a CX/C1?

I tried very hard to convince myself to keep the FV43U, but no matter how man times I tried, the only thing better on the Aorus was the peak brightness, everything else, i mean everything! The CX completely and utterly crapped all over the Aorus, color, clarity, motion, response, input, darks, contrast, man it was actually a night and day difference.

It maybe also because I am very sensitive to pixel response, and the instant response on the CX is so nice to play games on, if the FV43U wasn't actually a slow piece of crap VA panel like everyone says it's not for some reason, I may have more considered to keep it. But I can feel it's crappy slow response from miles away, and I tried all OD settings. It just reminds me how much I hate VA panels.

But hey, if you are not super sensitive to response like me, then maybe you will love this panel?

I have also put up a simple challenge on many forum and so far no one have the guts to take me up on it. Put you CX next to a window (preferably with a view). Take a HDR picture out the window on a sunny day. put it on the CX, then take a HDR picture of both the CX and the view out the window and compare the two. You'll see that the tonal mapping is totally different and you're getting an altered image just like a postcard. Does it look good, probably but is it accurate, NO!.

What exactly is the point of that exercise? Comparing real life and a screen through a camera lens, really?

I am guessing you actually haven't played a same game side-by-side against a CX/C1?

I tried very hard to convince myself to keep the FV43U, but no matter how man times I tried, the only thing better on the Aorus was the peak brightness, everything else, i mean everything! The CX completely and utterly crapped all over the Aorus, color, clarity, motion, response, input, darks, contrast, man it was actually a night and day difference.

It maybe also because I am very sensitive to pixel response, and the instant response on the CX is so nice to play games on, if the FV43U wasn't actually a slow piece of crap VA panel like everyone says it's not for some reason, I may have more considered to keep it. But I can feel it's crappy slow response from miles away, and I tried all OD settings. It just reminds me how much I hate VA panels.

But hey, if you are not super sensitive to response like me, then maybe you will love this panel?

I think you're just shitting on lcd tech, as the aorus is definitely one of the faster va panels I've tried. Sure, everything else except brightness is better on the CX but that's to be expected. If you're looking for a 43 inch monitor right now, this is the best one, plain and simple! (Coming from a Pioneer plasma owner and multiple OLED owner--i just can't game competitively that close to a near 50 inch screen)

i am on the fence guys need someone to push me over this mofo. only thing thats worrying me is the dead pixels. iv see na few from new egg how common is this. should i even worry, if i end up with a dud is the replacement process painless or do you gota fight tooth nail to get it replaced?

Back