Gigabyte AORUS FO48U 48" 4K 120Hz OLED

Yeah that's pretty terrible. The LG CX basically does nothing until it's turned off.

The only warning it will give is if you have an automatic turn off timer, then it will say like "your TV has been on for X hours and will be turned off in 1 minute" and you can click anything on the remote to avoid that happening. Or you can just disable the timer. I use it kind of as a marker that I have had the display on for quite some time.

I hope Gigabyte improves that behavior because the LG CX is clearly perfectly fine running the compensation cycle only when it's turned off.
I think they are going to this extreme with the forced compensation cycle based on it's use case. They probably expect people to literally use it like a LCD monitor all day and this might be the only way to provide a 3 year warranty.

Guys/gals maybe don't rush into this OLED panel it might have ABL or some variation of it? That was a deal breaker for the LG C1 that I returned because it would dim itself to protect the panel. I'm just saying don't make the same mistake I made buying into the OLED hype (meaning the LG panels). I have ordered the FV43U because it is brighter and faster at 144hz and HDR 1000 with no automatic dimming from ABL type software that you cannot disable. There is another thread going on about the Fv43u make sure to check that out also since OLED is definitely flawed and distracting with It's built in dimming.

I think people would be crazy to go back to LCD at this stage in the game.

If the Gigabyte OLED doesn't have the feature set you need, then go for the LG OLED

I think people would be crazy to go back to LCD at this stage in the game.

If the Gigabyte OLED doesn't have the feature set you need, then go for the LG OLED

I had the LG C1 OLED & returned it because ABL (auto brightness limiter) was making me cringe. I mean the ABL is by far the biggest deal breaker in the history of deal breaking for me personally. It is both out of control and out of my control also haha

Put it to you this way, the LG49nano85una was a better user experience for me and that display is miserable at controlling light, yet still less distracting than ABL on the OLEDs.

I had the LG C1 OLED & returned it because ABL (auto brightness limiter) was making me cringe. I mean the ABL is by far the biggest deal breaker in the history of deal breaking for me personally. It is both out of control and out of my control also haha

Put it to you this way, the LG49nano85una was a better user experience for me and that display is miserable at controlling light, yet still less distracting than ABL on the OLEDs.
You can disable it (absl, the static dimmer) with the service remote for the LG 48.

I'm pretty sure it can be disabled if you turn the overall brightness down. As long as you're not playing in a sunlit room with all the blinds open, you'll be fine.

OLED light at 45ish or below eliminates ABL. I can understand having it higher for TV use but as a monitor with a display this large at 1-2m away, 140nits+ full field frequently isn't exactly comfortable.

Besides that I always question peoples usage scenario when complaining about ABL. A movie or shows brief full field color sure, maximized browser windows though - you're doing it wrong.

Exactly. ABL isn't something that is out of your control, what is out of control is the horrible response times of that Gigabyte VA panel.

Exactly. ABL isn't something that is out of your control, what is out of control is the horrible response times of that Gigabyte VA panel.
You make it sound like I'm married to the panel lol If I'm not happy free return shipping & full refund I don't lose a penny and gain valuable information for myself that i can share online to help others also.
Horrible response times? Any literature to back up? I have read multiple articles from reputable reviewers online that have praised the Auros 43 to be the best all around. Of course I will be the judge of that for myself, and I will report back my findings here to help others.
I truly do want the best all around monitor though. If It's a Va, Ips, qled, oled etc I am not concerned with the type of panel, but rather the user experience for a desktop monitor.
I have had monitors of all different sizes from 19"-55" right now a 31.5" and to be honest 48" is a bit too big. 32" is a bit to small. I had a 40" a few years ago hooked up to watch movies [because it wasn't a monitor, was a TV with slower response times] & I miss that in between size close to 40"ish.
I had the LG C1 and returned it because it wasn't bright enough, the ABL kicks in, and the size is a bit too big also missing the minimum 144hz I feel the difference going from 144hz to 120hz being that I do play fast paced titles online competitively for fun not to mention my current display is 165hz so dropping to 120hz hurts a bit more.

Last edited:
You make it sound like I'm married to the panel lol If I'm not happy free return shipping & full refund I don't lose a penny and gain valuable information for myself that i can share online to help others also.
Horrible response times? Any literature to back up? I have read multiple articles from reputable reviewers online that have praised the Auros 43 to be the best all around. Of course I will be the judge of that for myself, and I will report back my findings here to help others.
I truly do want the best all around monitor though. If It's a Va, Ips, qled, oled etc I am not concerned with the type of panel, but rather the user experience for a desktop monitor.
I have had monitors of all different sizes from 19"-55" right now a 31.5" and to be honest 48" is a bit too big. 32" is a bit to small. I had a 40" a few years ago hooked up to watch movies [because it wasn't a monitor, was a TV with slower response times] & I miss that in between size close to 40"ish.
I had the LG C1 and returned it because it wasn't bright enough, the ABL kicks in, and the size is a bit too big also missing the minimum 144hz I feel the difference going from 144hz to 120hz being that I do play fast paced online titles online competitively for fun not to mention my current display is 165hz so dropping to 120hz hurts a bit more.

By all means enjoy it then. Others have already chimed in on how to overcome ABL so I'm not going to repeat what they said.

Yeah, let him enjoy that LCD panel. You guys have already told him how to fix his #1 complaint with the LG and I question anyone who says that the CX/C1 aren’t bright enough. Are you using it on the surface of the sun? My CX is plenty bright and in fact, I keep the brightness setting turned way down in order to keep it comfortable for my eyes. YMMV. Would never go back to LCD at any rate.

Yeah, let him enjoy that LCD panel. You guys have already told him how to fix his #1 complaint with the LG and I question anyone who says that the CX/C1 aren’t bright enough. Are you using it on the surface of the sun? My CX is plenty bright and in fact, I keep the brightness setting turned way down in order to keep it comfortable for my eyes. YMMV. Would never go back to LCD at any rate.

Why does everyone say "enjoy that LCD"? I had the LG C1 OLED and I was very unhappy with it for several reasons and returned it. I'm not going to justify a purchase with excuses, it didn't check all my boxes. I need something that does everything all around better no matter what type/brand of display it is. One thing I don't go around saying is "enjoy your ..... etc" It's just pointless. User experience & performance only matters, nothing else.

Why does everyone say "enjoy that LCD"? I had the LG C1 OLED and I was very unhappy with it for several reasons and returned it. I'm not going to justify a purchase with excuses, it didn't check all my boxes. I need something that does everything all around better no matter what type/brand of display it is. One thing I don't go around saying is "enjoy your ..... etc" It's just pointless.
No, I'm quite serious. I realize nuance can be lost over text and I can see how that might sound sarcastic. But if another display checks more boxes as far as what your personal preferences call for, by all means buy that one and enjoy it. Some people on here sing the virtues of the 21:9 ultrawide panels and the uber-1337 27" fast gaming LCDs but I do not find using those as enjoyable for various reasons and have found that the ultimate experience to me, given the state of current technology, is a large format OLED - particularly these newer ones from LG as they can finally do 120 Hz at 4K with G-Sync/VRR and I find the immersion and image quality unparalleled.

It's just like with vehicles: for me, the most enjoyable driving experience might be in a Miata or a Z06 or some exotic (depending on my budget) while for others it might be in a Tesla or a Jeep Wrangler depending on their personal requirements, needs, and dealbreakers.

User experience & performance only matters, nothing else.
Exactly, and the performance of the CX is on a level that I've never experienced prior to owning it. It's more than bright enough for me and I personally find 120 Hz more than adequate for a very enjoyable gaming experience. 144/165/240 Hz is nice and all but most people agree that there's diminishing returns after 120 Hz and it can be difficult to push that many frames at 4K on newer games even with the powerful-but-overpriced cards we're blessed with these days.

No, I'm quite serious. I realize nuance can be lost over text and I can see how that might sound sarcastic. But if another display checks more boxes as far as what your personal preferences call for, by all means buy that one and enjoy it. Some people on here sing the virtues of the 21:9 ultrawide panels and the uber-1337 27" fast gaming LCDs but I do not find using those as enjoyable for various reasons and have found that the ultimate experience to me, given the state of current technology, is a large format OLED - particularly these newer ones from LG as they can finally do 120 Hz at 4K with G-Sync/VRR and I find the immersion and image quality unparalleled.

It's just like with vehicles: for me, the most enjoyable driving experience might be in a Miata or a Z06 or some exotic (depending on my budget) while for others it might be in a Tesla or a Jeep Wrangler depending on their personal requirements, needs, and dealbreakers.

Exactly, and the performance of the CX is on a level that I've never experienced prior to owning it. It's more than bright enough for me and I personally find 120 Hz more than adequate for a very enjoyable gaming experience. 144/165/240 Hz is nice and all but most people agree that there's diminishing returns after 120 Hz and it can be difficult to push that many frames at 4K on newer games even with the powerful-but-overpriced cards we're blessed with these days.

When testing the LGC1 I only really saw the benefit when watching a "starry night" demo. Any other game/content I watched on the LG the difference is negligable in my opinion.
I've been on PC for over 30 years I would say I have a keen eye for image quality & even for me I can't say that I am completely sold on OLED being limited to 120hz and have brightness being limited as well.
Remember I have tried OLED, IPS, & VA so I do have experience with all monitor tech. OLED is more advanced for very dark scenes with a lot of black (not really my intended use? maybe star wars? I don't watch starry nights in pitch black screens. Seems to be LG's go to, although in real case usage not so much? Maybe a horror game? or outer space game? ) Also I don't want to actively be conscious about how bright my screen is and taking precautionary measures to prevent burn in. It is not uncommon for me to use a display for 5 years or more, I want to get my moneys worth and not worry about upgrading every so often.
Another issue is the 120hz, believe it or not that jump to 144hz is perceivable even though people say "anything over 120 is negligible" I strongly disagree. Heck I can tell the difference coming down to 144hz from 165hz and blurbusters tests actually prove it also with data.
The faster refresh rate does in fact make a big difference in motion clarity & I fully confirm this. Having DSC 1.2 on Displayport 1.4 to have a true 144hz refresh on 2160p was a major MAJOR factor in my wanting to try the FV43U. It is going to be years before the next HDMI standard to be faster than 120hz so I didn't want to lock myself down to 120hz when I've been spoiled with 165hz for years already.
I'm trying to find the best "all around" and 48" pretty big, can I deal with it? Absolutely no problem. Would I rather have something a bit smaller close to 40"? Absolutely because it is less straining on my eyes to view HUD's and other sides of the screen when used as a PC gaming monitor. There are so many factors that go into this decision, not just black levels, which are the least of my concerns to be honest.

I'm all-in for team OLED as a computer monitor after trying the LG CX and learning how NOT to ruin the screen (long depressing story). At 48", however, the CX was just too big for me to use on a desk. I've got high hopes for the LG 42" OLED. Not sure if it's coming later this year or in 2022, but it might be hit the sweet spot for TV/monitor use.

I'm all-in for team OLED as a computer monitor after trying the LG CX and learning how NOT to ruin the screen (long depressing story). At 48", however, the CX was just too big for me to use on a desk. I've got high hopes for the LG 42" OLED. Not sure if it's coming later this year or in 2022, but it might be hit the sweet spot for TV/monitor use.

I actually want to hear the long depressing story lol what happened?

I actually want to hear the long depressing story lol what happened?
I bought a 55" LG OLED in 2017 (forgot the model number). It was only for TV viewing. I work from home and basically used it like an LCD -- on business news and/or sports 10-12 hours/day. After about 18 months of such abuse, I noticed severe burn-in whenever large portions of the screen were in a single color, like red, green or blue.

At first, I thought it was a problem with poor signal reception. After seeing the Fox Business News and ESPN chyrons on every channel or Netflix, Amazon, etc., I realized the extent of my FUBAR. It was entirely unforced error and ignorance on my part. I had it on blazing brightness, for example.

Lateralus gave me some pointers on the proper care and feeding for OLED, so I'll be much better prepared when I take the plunge on the 42" LG.

I bought a 55" LG OLED in 2017 (forgot the model number). It was only for TV viewing. I work from home and basically used it like an LCD -- on business news and/or sports 10-12 hours/day. After about 18 months of such abuse, I noticed severe burn-in whenever large portions of the screen were in a single color, like red, green or blue.

At first, I thought it was a problem with poor signal reception. After seeing the Fox Business News and ESPN chyrons on every channel or Netflix, Amazon, etc., I realized the extent of my FUBAR. It was entirely unforced error and ignorance on my part. I had it on blazing brightness, for example.

Lateralus gave me some pointers on the proper care and feeding for OLED, so I'll be much better prepared when I take the plunge on the 42" LG.

Thank you for sharing. Very useful information. I appreciate your honesty.

When testing the LGC1 I only really saw the benefit when watching a "starry night" demo. Any other game/content I watched on the LG the difference is negligable in my opinion.
I've been on PC for over 30 years I would say I have a keen eye for image quality & even for me I can't say that I am completely sold on OLED being limited to 120hz and have brightness being limited as well.
Remember I have tried OLED, IPS, & VA so I do have experience with all monitor tech. OLED is more advanced for very dark scenes with a lot of black (not really my intended use? maybe star wars? I don't watch starry nights in pitch black screens. Seems to be LG's go to, although in real case usage not so much? Maybe a horror game? or outer space game? ) Also I don't want to actively be conscious about how bright my screen is and taking precautionary measures to prevent burn in. It is not uncommon for me to use a display for 5 years or more, I want to get my moneys worth and not worry about upgrading every so often.
Another issue is the 120hz, believe it or not that jump to 144hz is perceivable even though people say "anything over 120 is negligible" I strongly disagree. Heck I can tell the difference coming down to 144hz from 165hz and blurbusters tests actually prove it also with data.
The faster refresh rate does in fact make a big difference in motion clarity & I fully confirm this. Having DSC 1.2 on Displayport 1.4 to have a true 144hz refresh on 2160p was a major MAJOR factor in my wanting to try the FV43U. It is going to be years before the next HDMI standard to be faster than 120hz so I didn't want to lock myself down to 120hz when I've been spoiled with 165hz for years already.
I'm trying to find the best "all around" and 48" pretty big, can I deal with it? Absolutely no problem. Would I rather have something a bit smaller close to 40"? Absolutely because it is less straining on my eyes to view HUD's and other sides of the screen when used as a PC gaming monitor. There are so many factors that go into this decision, not just black levels, which are the least of my concerns to be honest.
I don't believe you have a "keen eye" for image quality at all. If you need a starry night demo which portrays OLED in best case scenario to discern differences in displays than your eye for image quality is literally average best buy consumer level.

I don't believe you have a "keen eye" for image quality at all. If you need a starry night demo which portrays OLED in best case scenario to discern differences in displays than your eye for image quality is literally average best buy consumer level.

I don't need a starry night demo to discern differences in displays. I go through a gamut of tests in multiple games/movies/streams/programs/blurbuster/ and any testing content I can I do. I have had probably over a dozen displays over the past 5 years from 4k TV's to fast gaming monitors. Believe it or not, I do have a keen eye for a good gaming display, not just a TV for movies. Seem there is a big crowd of OLED fans that get upset when any critisism about OLEDs is posted almost like being in denial about It's drawbacks. I had the LG C1 & actually returned it, so the magic rabbit has already been pulled out of the hat and It's flaws unacceptable for me. If it was brighter with no ABL at all, and didn't have any risk of burn it, and was smaller, and had a faster refresh rate, then I would say it is the perfect display. Until then, It has It's obvious drawbacks & I am personally not willing to deal with those issues.

Last edited:
Seem there is a big crowd of OLED fans that get upset when any critisism about OLEDs is posted almost like being in denial about It's drawbacks.
I think it's more you're in denial about it's superiority in the one area where it matters: the picture.

But each his own. You seem like you're happy with whatever you have, don't mind us.

Wouldn't worry about that compensation cycle much that keeps getting brought up. I believe the newest firmware fixes it so you don't get any messages or whatever after X amount of hours and just runs naturally when the TV is turned off just like the LG's do.

Still patiently waiting for REAL reviews. It's the only thing that's stopping me from buying a 48" C1 right now. I want to see if this thing truly is the same but with better HDR brightness (and as long as G-Sync still works appropriately). All the other goodies are a bonus too but not as important to me (DP 1.4 input, etc.).

I think it's more you're in denial about it's superiority in the one area where it matters: the picture.

But each his own. You seem like you're happy with whatever you have, don't mind us.

Contrast looks better on oled, what makes you think i deny that? I had the C1 hooked up to my PC, yes blacks are black. Takes more than that to satisfy a lot of other aspects of a display. I also watched hardware unboxed full review of the C1 (he even admits it's not good enough for him to use as a PC monitor & would choose something else, is he in denial also?). I know It's strong points, and drawbacks also.

The slower 120hz looks blurrier compared to 144hz. So it doesn't look better for motion clarity in that regard, which is undeniable. HDMI 2.1 takes a %16 speed hit. That's %16 percent, far from negligible.

Also let's not forget the massive brightness difference, that doesn't look better either. Also undeniable.

No display is perfect imo. Not the LG, not the FV43U. If anything, I'll take the one that is more well rounded overall. Otherwise I'm going to return them both.

Last edited:
Contrast looks better on oled, what makes you think i deny that? I had the C1 hooked up to my PC, yes blacks are black. Takes more than that to satisfy a lot of other aspects of a display. I also watched hardware unboxed full review of the C1 (he even admits it's not good enough for him to use as a PC monitor & would choose something else, is he in denial also?). I know It's strong points, and drawbacks also.

The slower 120hz looks blurrier compared to 144hz. So it doesn't look better for motion clarity in that regard, which is undeniable. HDMI 2.1 takes a %16 speed hit. That's %16 percent, far from negligible.

Also let's not forget the massive brightness difference, that doesn't look better either. Also undeniable.

No display is perfect imo. Not the LG, not the FV43U. If anything, I'll take the one that is more well rounded overall. Otherwise I'm going to return them both.

I'm pretty sure HardwareUnboxed's refusal to use the C1 has more to do with it's drawbacks as a monitor (like the size) for getting work done rather than it's actual picture quality. But I think PURELY as a gaming display, especially for non competitive super fast paced gaming where you want 240/360Hz, the CX/C1 is still the best choice there is. If you absolutely need a monitor for both work and play, then sure I can agree the C1 wouldn't be the ideal choice. Wouldn't stop me from getting one as a pure gaming display though while I use something else entirely for work.

I'm pretty sure HardwareUnboxed's refusal to use the C1 has more to do with it's drawbacks as a monitor (like the size) for getting work done rather than it's actual picture quality. But I think PURELY as a gaming display, especially for non competitive super fast paced gaming where you want 240/360Hz, the CX/C1 is still the best choice there is. If you absolutely need a monitor for both work and play, then sure I can agree the C1 wouldn't be the ideal choice. Wouldn't stop me from getting one as a pure gaming display though while I use something else entirely for work.

The thing is we just don't have many (or any) options for a fast 4k display. There is no 240hz or higher 4k monitor. Sure as heck not going back to 1440p or gawd no 1080p. So It's either go slower at 120hz with HDMI 2.1, or faster at 144hz with DSC 1.2 on DP 1.4.

Yes the size is a very big factor as well. Close to 30 is boring and smallish. Close to 50 is immersive but huge to use as a PC monitor. Too far can't read text, too close need to swivel head more. I think a 38" or 40" would be ideal for a balance of reasonable size & usage sitting in front of it.

I wanted to love the C1 so bad I really did. But the brightness, size, and speed were all separate monkeys on my back not to mention worrying about burn in I couldn't commit to all that too much stress lol.

I've been using my CX 48" for work for a year now and while not ideal, it works just fine. I could use more desktop space (since I use 120% scaling to mitigate the WRGB pixel structure and due to viewing distance 100% would be uncomfortably small) but I make up for it with virtual desktops as right now it's not possible to comfortably fit a second monitor because the CX 48" is so large.

For me the ideal would be those 40" 5120x2160 monitors but 60 Hz only is a deal breaker for me. I already dislike having to use the CX at 60 Hz for work because Macs are rubbish when it comes to external display support at anything beyond 60 Hz. In the future I might downsize to a 42" OLED if LG releases one and pair that with a cheaper 32" 4K monitor. I would also buy a 8K version of the CX 48" if the price was not stratospheric.

I agree that the CX or the FO48U are the best overall package for gaming though. Very pleased with the CX's performance with that, whether SDR or HDR gaming. But I don't play online multiplayer shooters.

I think you're on crack of you think OLED pixel response @ 120hz looks "blurrier" than a LCD @ 144hz. It's the complete opposite by a large margin when comparing 98% of 144hz monitors. This isn't even subjective.

This is once again a statement you've made that really indicates this keen eye of yours is due for a updated prescription.

I think you're on crack of you think OLED pixel response @ 120hz looks "blurrier" than a LCD @ 144hz. It's the complete opposite by a large margin when comparing 98% of 144hz monitors. This isn't even subjective.

This is once again a statement you've made that really indicates this keen eye of yours is due for a updated prescription.
Pixel response & refresh rate are different. 120hz is blurrier than 144hz I tested it on blurbusters. Slower refresh = more blur regardless if the response is quicker the refresh holds it back. A keen eye can tell the difference lol

Last edited:
Wouldn't worry about that compensation cycle much that keeps getting brought up. I believe the newest firmware fixes it so you don't get any messages or whatever after X amount of hours and just runs naturally when the TV is turned off just like the LG's do.

Still patiently waiting for REAL reviews. It's the only thing that's stopping me from buying a 48" C1 right now. I want to see if this thing truly is the same but with better HDR brightness (and as long as G-Sync still works appropriately). All the other goodies are a bonus too but not as important to me (DP 1.4 input, etc.).
it was not fixed with last firmware according to reddit guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gamin...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

is it a limited gimped HDMI 2.0 like FI32U/FV43U etc? so not a HDMI 2.1 like CX/C1 have at 40gbps?

from
  • *HDMI2.1 supports PS5 and Xbox Series X at 4K UHD@120Hz (4:2:0)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/AORUS-FO48U/sp#sp
So I have the Gigabyte M28U which also has the same disclaimer, but at least on my PC it does allow me to set 4k144 12-bit over HDMI. I don't know if it's using DSC to do that or not. PS5 is limited to 4k120 4:2:2, and this monitor doesn't seem to allow 4:2:2 over HDMI, so it ends up going down to 4:2:0. Not sure what the behavior with the xbox series x is.

So I have the Gigabyte M28U which also has the same disclaimer, but at least on my PC it does allow me to set 4k144 12-bit over HDMI. I don't know if it's using DSC to do that or not. PS5 is limited to 4k120 4:2:2, and this monitor doesn't seem to allow 4:2:2 over HDMI, so it ends up going down to 4:2:0. Not sure what the behavior with the xbox series x is.

Oh cool nice to know.

I got notification that it will arrive today, so I'll see if I can get it setup before I just pass out from exhaustion after work...

I got notification that it will arrive today, so I'll see if I can get it setup before I just pass out from exhaustion after work...
Mine arrived today and when I opened the door the UPS man was holding an FV43U. The shipping label on the box even listed the item as FO48U. Now I am locked in a death battle with Newegg to get them to cross ship me my monitor instead of waiting for them to process the refused shipment. :mad:

I'm not a professional gamer/user/reviewer by any means, but do have own 2 sim racing rigs. On one rig I have 3x LG 48CX's and my better rig I'm now using 3x of these new fo48u's.

The reason the LG's didn't cut it were simply the lack of triple Gsync since there's no GPU currently made with 3x HDMI 2.1 ports. My solution was to run the center screen in Gsync and kill the Gsync on the L and R peripheral screens by intentionally breaking VRR with a DP1.4 to HDMI adapter (VRR had been unreliable since my Aorus 3090 Xtreme only has 2x HDMI 2.1 ports and 1x HDMI 2.0 port). These problems also prevented Nvidia Surround Mode from running.

The fo48u's Gsync worked (with and w/o Nvidia Surround mode) since the moment I fired them up and haven't had a single issue since I got them last Friday. I've left them on all week long and put in a few hours a day of racing. I haven't noticed a pixel refresh cycle other than when I turn them off, though it sounds like others have experienced extreme frustration, but perhaps they spend longer durations in front of these in one sitting. I haven't used my meter to measure or calibrate brightness, gamma or color but I will say I had to dial the brightness of the fo48u's lower than my LG's, the white really packs a punch according to my eyes! This is graphically the best sim racing experience I've ever experienced thanks to FINALLY having an OLED option with DP 1.4 with Gsync!

Though, as happy as I am, there are likely dozens of reasons why many people will probably be unsatisfied and leave bad reviews left and right... Then again I'm not looking for problems with a microscope. I merely want to enjoy the best sim racing experience my money and efforts can acquire and these compliment the rest of my gear nicely.

Mine arrived today and when I opened the door the UPS man was holding an FV43U. The shipping label on the box even listed the item as FO48U. Now I am locked in a death battle with Newegg to get them to cross ship me my monitor instead of waiting for them to process the refused shipment. :mad:
Wow, I'd be fuming. I did receive mine yesterday from Newegg and it was actually the FO48U, thankfully. I just passed out after work as I expected I would.
Is this the first large format oled display that supports DP 1.4 with DSC1.2?
As far as I know, yes. The Dell/Alienware one only had DP 1.2.

Wow, I'd be fuming. I did receive mine yesterday from Newegg and it was actually the FO48U, thankfully. I just passed out after work as I expected I would.

*waits patiently for Armenius' first impressions*

Completely wrong - the Dell AW5520QF has DP 1.4

Back