Gigabyte Aorus 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen4 M.2 SSD - $143.99 w/ Promo Code at Newegg

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
I was kind of interested in this for a 2TB drive rather than the 1TB because it's a mainstream brand at a decent price, but
Need to be on the X570 platform with a Ryzen 3000 processor to take advantage of the speed
Also around 16% of the reviews on newegg are saying that it just randomly stops being detected right outside of the return range, and some of them say Gigabyte's giving them the runaround. I'm a bit wary because 16% is a bit high for an absolute defect rate.

I was kind of interested in this for a 2TB drive rather than the 1TB because it's a mainstream brand at a decent price, but

Also around 16% of the reviews on newegg are saying that it just randomly stops being detected right outside of the return range, and some of them say Gigabyte's giving them the runaround. I'm a bit wary because 16% is a bit high for an absolute defect rate.
The reviewer's comments about requiring X570 and Ryzen 3000 was from 2019, it predates the Z590 launch and probably B550 launch as well. The 16% 1-egg reviews are a little bit higher than I'd expect though.

No one looks at 74 reviews and pulls decent failure data off of it.
It appears they make two different versions one with the chunky heat sink and one with out , this one looks like it’s the one without.

I miss the m.2 deals of a couple years ago. Those were the days! I got an SLC m.2 gen4 1TB for $120 on sale at Amazon. Been an amazing drive with 5000/4400 speeds just like this drive.

This is a decent price in today's market though.

Back