Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XTREME or Asus 1080 Ti Strix OC

chiu

Limp Gawd
Which one will you choose? In my country, Gigabyte is more readily available. But I hate the fact that the back of Gigabyte card has little air holes as there is one more HDMI port.

I personally like the Gigabyte more. The original 1080 Extreme was a great card.

Asus because the AORUS Bro Eagle is stupid. Almost as bad as the MSI Dragon fetish.

The logos of Gigabyte and MSI are too tacky, but the MSI is a very good card. If you want a air cooled card I would get the MSI Gaming, if you want a water cooled card, I would go with the Founders Edition.

I got the cards. I found that Asus is slightly slower, but have a better build quality. Any other comment?

Asus because the AORUS Bro Eagle is stupid. Almost as bad as the MSI Dragon fetish.

Not being familar and curious as to what you meant by "bro eagle", I look it up and found this on the wiki page:

"The brand name "AORUS" is coined from an Egyptian god, Horus,[2] known to be the god of sky and kingship... According to employees, the first letter of HORUS was changed to "A" to represent the brand as 'A team'."

Which is bro as hell. Yuck.

I bought the non-xtreme AORUS 1080 Ti and am pretty happy. It was only a few more than the FE and is super quiet. I would have bought the xtrene if it was available at the time.

It's quiet but it has this weird issue where the base memory clock likes to sit at 10Ghz instead of 11Ghz most of the time. I compensate for this with my OC to 11.5 (+750) which works well until it decides to jump to the 11Ghz clock and my +750 offset is too high for the memory.

It hasn't annoyed me enough to bother reporting but maybe I should see if they have an update for it.

I got the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Edition, quite happy with it. Runs cool and silent as well. The size of the card is quite big though, but didn't bother me. Surprised this card runs silent under load compared to my previous Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC which was rather loud under load.

I got the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Edition, quite happy with it. Runs cool and silent as well. The size of the card is quite big though, but didn't bother me. Surprised this card runs silent under load compared to my previous Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC which was rather loud under load.
does yours feel as flimsy as jayz's?

Back