Gigabyte Allegedly Registers Dozens of RTX 2060 Models

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Videocardz noticed that Gigabyte appears to have listed a ton of different RTX 2060 graphics cards on the Eurasian Economic Commission's website. While Videocardz claims there are 40 different graphics cards on the page, by my count, there are only 39 different SKUs listed. It's unclear if the numerous listing are potential placeholders or models Gigabyte will actually ship, but if this "leak" holds any weight, Nvidia appears to have several variants of the RTX 2060 ready that come with 3GB, 4GB, or 6GB of GDDR5, GDDR5X, or GDDR6 memory.

All models are split into GD and GC series, the former is used for all RTX 20 series which feature GDDR6 memory, whereas the latter is GDDR5(X) based (we don’t know if that’s GDDR5 or GDDR5X, but my guess is on non-X). We shall expect AORUS Xtreme, Gaming OC, WindForce 3X/2X and Mini ATX series.

Not this shit again. I hope it's not true... it's going to confuse laymen even more.

Can we at least have the same CUDA cores, SMs, TMUs, etc. between the SKUs? Please don't pull another GTX 1060 3GB and 6GB, which were actually distinctly different video cards. DEFINITELY don't pull another GT 1030 GDDR5 vs DDR4...

Excellent, more confusion. Everyone will post reviews of the highest performing 2060s, then wonder why performance sucks when they buy the cheapest 2060. I really hope they reign this in, at least the practice of using different memory speeds AND capacities.

After AMD was shat on for the scammy 580s recently and ole Ngreedia pulled some shitty 1050/1060? model fudging too, one would have expected them to have both learned from this and not to confuse the consumer with 30 different models of the same card...

Reactions: Jza
like this
Not this shit again. I hope it's not true... it's going to confuse laymen even more.

Can we at least have the same CUDA cores, SMs, TMUs, etc. between the SKUs? Please don't pull another GTX 1060 3GB and 6GB, which were actually distinctly different video cards. DEFINITELY don't pull another GT 1030 GDDR5 vs DDR4...

Even of that is the case, the bandwidth will not be the same between a GDDR6 with 6 GB and a GDDR6 with 4 GB. Therefore, performance will not be the same and most will not know that. For certain games, the cards with GDDR6 and 3GB will be faster than those with 4GB, given similar core counts.

This tells me nVidia worries about the mid-range battle against AMD.
Wonder how many of those SKUs are actually going to exist, and how many are just hedges against whatever AMD might throw out there.

There doesn't really seem to be any logical reason to have that many variants of a midrange card whose variants will probably will all be within pocket change of one another.

The only question is, with RTX OFF, will this be equivalent to the 1070 or the 1070Ti, and will it be MSRP'd at the 1070 or 1070Ti launch prices?

The rtx space invaders debacle continues.....if you read the newegg reviews of gigabyte Turing cards they are exceedingly more prone to space invaders than other aib's. Think they will get the issue fixed with the 2060?

Im looking forward to buying a GTX 2060, pulling the sticker off and it saying GTX1070 ti underneath. We're back mutherfuckers.

Back