Gigabyte 6900xt $900 after rebate newegg

A Microcenter near me still has some open box 6900 XT's for $735, if anyone is in the area. About 4 are left now. I considered them before going with this 3080 Ti for 910. I probably should have posted the deal on 3080 Ti's here, too, but it was quite local and it sold out very quickly. I don't think many other Microcenters are knocking their open box prices down quite this much.

A Microcenter near me still has some open box 6900 XT's for $735, if anyone is in the area. About 4 are left now. I considered them before going with this 3080 Ti for 910. I probably should have posted the deal on 3080 Ti's here, too, but it was quite local and it sold out very quickly. I don't think many other Microcenters are knocking their open box prices down quite this much.

I looked at the Mayfield Heights store and they do not have those prices, unfortunately.

Which MC location is that? The one near me lowest was $875

I looked at the Mayfield Heights store and they do not have those prices, unfortunately.
Yeah all stores are run differently, the other Microcenter near me doesn't have prices anywhere near that generous. But I would keep your eyes peeled even if you're not in my area, because (though I don't know how the chain is run) this might be a big directive that's taking a while to distribute to the other stores in the chain. Or they're being instructed to keep it gradual. If/when they do get marked down, it's going to sell out pretty quickly. The open box 3080 Ti's at my store were marked at 1169 for a while and then suddenly I looked and they were all at $910, and they all got reserved FAST.

Other thing is you might want to check how warranty works with the manufacturer and open box cards, of course. My EVGA card registered just fine, so I'm optimistic, but I don't know about MSI and whatnot.

Which MC location is that? The one near me lowest was $875
Just click on my name and it should narrow things down considerably. Additional hint: it's the western one.

Sharonville OH location has some interesting open box cards right now.

Attachments

• 0B6DB074-AB43-44EF-BD2E-C0735795A319.jpeg
    0B6DB074-AB43-44EF-BD2E-C0735795A319.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 32A81A9A-A7A7-4F78-94A1-B5D6A290709B.jpeg
    32A81A9A-A7A7-4F78-94A1-B5D6A290709B.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 7D1EFA51-C11D-470D-B055-45F4A0886AFA.jpeg
    7D1EFA51-C11D-470D-B055-45F4A0886AFA.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1
  • CBB0B622-FE08-4021-901E-7047D3A7B325.jpeg
    CBB0B622-FE08-4021-901E-7047D3A7B325.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 1
1651772429947.png

If it helps here's the brand and everything. 2 are marked as complete, 2 are marked as incomplete. They're still there (though there used to be 7 or 8 of them, so some did sell out).

Those are some serious mark downs. There been decent open box prices at mine but not that cheap.

And their off....................

Hey, folks have been warned, if they end up in a bad situation, it's not like no one warned them. Which is a crying shame because Newegg was the go to place and things were shipped fast.

I love media-crazed lemmings. The truth is Newegg is fine. These same people say to use Amazon when they're far less consumer-friendly.

Not to get off topic but since people are commenting on Newegg being an unethical seller. Watch these for background info. I have never had a negative experience with newegg but have a family member who did.

Not to get off topic but since people are commenting on Newegg being an unethical seller. Watch these for background info. I have never had a negative experience with newegg but have a family member who did.

We get it and people seen those videos by now. I personally never had a issue with NE and they always handle any issue I had promptly. I don't use NE very much nowadays cause I have MC near me.

[M. EDIA=youtube]2fnXsmXzphI[/MEDIA]
[M EDIA=youtube]d1R4wbuXFII[/MEDIA]
Exactly the kind of media the lemmings care about. I've never had an issue with Newegg they didn't resolve and I've shopped with them for over 20 years. Everyone has the occasional horror story with a vendor they can dig up, but it isn't normal for Newegg to do what they did there.

Newegg's screwed me twice, that's enough, once on a video card, and then on a broken mobo they sent me and when I wanted to return it, they charged me a restock fee for a broken motherboard.

They were at one time better than Amazon, but Amazon hasn't ever fucked me on any of my returns large or small.
I love media-crazed lemmings. The truth is Newegg is fine. These same people say to use Amazon when they're far less consumer-friendly.
So how is Amazon "Far less consumer-friendly"?

So how is Amazon "Far less consumer-friendly"?
Common knowledge. Copying and pasting from another post of mine with one additional note on the end:

They comingle inventory. Who you select is meaningless there when there are also third party sellers. They also do little if your shipment is late, ban you for doing a couple of returns, and often have counterfeits or broken/swapped-item returns sold as new. Also, they won't price match themselves after an order has shipped, instead requiring you to send the item back and place a new order for it.

I can absolutely say for sure this isn't true. Someone had to do something that stood out quite a bit. I cite my return history.
I have a friend that was banned for returning a TV three due to defects (once was due to shipping damage) in a short time frame. I avoid contacting Amazon cs at all costs after having seen that. Their metrics are very obtuse and opaque, so it's hard to know what's OK or not for yourself. You could be one return away from a ban for all you know...

I have a friend that was banned for returning a TV three due to defects (once was due to shipping damage) in a short time frame. I avoid contacting Amazon cs at all costs after having seen that.
Hmm, can't say anything about returning stuff that high dollar back to Amazon. All I can say is I've made some very questionable returns no questions asked. Stuff that I very much doubt other places would have accepted.

Hmm, can't say anything about returning stuff that high dollar back to Amazon. All I can say is I've made some very questionable returns no questions asked. Stuff that I very much doubt other places would have accepted.
I don't know, but I've personally had better experience with Newegg, though the extent of my personal issues with Amazon are just price matching an existing order before it even arrived with them refusing to, and getting what seemed to be a bootleg avengers infinity war bluray around black Friday :).

Sorry to hear Newegg screwed you :(. I don't blame you at all being wary of them after that!

I don't know, but I've personally had better experience with Newegg, though the extent of my personal issues with Amazon are just price matching an existing order before it even arrived with them refusing to, and getting what seemed to be a bootleg avengers infinity war bluray around black Friday :).

Sorry to hear Newegg screwed you :(. I don't blame you at all being wary of them after that!
Huh? Newegg never screwed me personally. I only messed up once by not seeing the "replacement only" return policy on an item. Well, you know what they say about making assumptions, lol.

Huh? Newegg never screwed me personally. I only messed up once by not seeing the "replacement only" return policy on an item. Well, you know what they say about making assumptions, lol.
Whoops, mixed you up with a different poster :p.

I've done multiple returns with Amazon when I was looking at 1440p monitors (back when they were expensive). After the third one on a particular model, CS said, "You won't be satisfied with any of them because your reason for returning is the same every time" or something along those lines, to which I had to explain to them that each reason was different. Anyway, they didn't ban me but it's true they won't let you go past 3 exchanges very easily (and ultimately I just got one from Newegg that was luckily less defective...). But then again few companies will. I'm not sure this is on Amazon insomuch as we're expected as consumers to deal with just having garbage QC on panels and whatnot, because frankly very few people are very discerning about what they're getting. My friend had a panel that outright looked like the diffusion layer for the backlight was literally cracked in an area and you could easily tell on dark backgrounds. He didn't care enough. Who makes companies more money? You or him?

So with Amazon... the thing is, having done an interview with the company before... you're a number, for sure. But you expected that. You're not a person. You're probably associated with a certain expected return on investment based on your behavior. If it starts getting negative, they'll probably cut you off with no thoughts or questions asked. So it's important to build up some rapport and be careful on that front. ie Don't order things like monitors or TVs with high defect rates (for "picky" people) from Amazon before you've been with them a while. They're probably very serious about big data analytics and projected readings. That's the vibe I got from them. Are they consumer friendly? Policy wise, yes, they're quite friendly. But you also have to show you're profitable to keep. So they want you on a leash before you destroy their bottom line at all. It's a well oiled data analytics machine, and you're competing against idiots who don't know anything about the quality of their hardware. Again, who makes more money?

The thing that bugs me about that Newegg video by GN is he keeps glossing over the fact that he didn't notice that it was Open Box. The company has no ways of knowing whether they did or did not open it. Nor do we really for that matter, we just assume that's the case because we trust him and he says that other users have had similar experiences. Frankly at this point Newegg already has a reputation for Open Box issues, so why would you order from them? I'm not defending them but GN really likes raising a huge fuss over already known quantities so they can keep milking them. But on the flipside, obviously something was indeed obviously wrong with Newegg processes what he says is true. Would I order from Newegg? Idk depends on the product. But I'd sooner order from Amazon than Newegg for sure...

Aside from returns amazon CS is nonexistent, they still haven't fixed an account issue I've had for 2 months now lol. I've given up at this point lol, not had an account issue on newegg so can't comment on how they would handle it.

Common knowledge. Copying and pasting from another post of mine with one additional note on the end:

They comingle inventory. Who you select is meaningless there when there are also third party sellers. They also do little if your shipment is late, ban you for doing a couple of returns, and often have counterfeits or broken/swapped-item returns sold as new. Also, they won't price match themselves after an order has shipped, instead requiring you to send the item back and place a new order for it.
Common knowledge on the www means very little...

I've dealt with both companies and Newegg has had the worst return policy, I've never had any issues with Amazon.
Newegg also has shady third party sellers, by which they probably use if they are low on stock.

I've done multiple returns with Amazon when I was looking at 1440p monitors (back when they were expensive). After the third one on a particular model, CS said, "You won't be satisfied with any of them because your reason for returning is the same every time" or something along those lines, to which I had to explain to them that each reason was different. Anyway, they didn't ban me but it's true they won't let you go past 3 exchanges very easily (and ultimately I just got one from Newegg that was luckily less defective...). But then again few companies will. I'm not sure this is on Amazon insomuch as we're expected as consumers to deal with just having garbage QC on panels and whatnot, because frankly very few people are very discerning about what they're getting. My friend had a panel that outright looked like the diffusion layer for the backlight was literally cracked in an area and you could easily tell on dark backgrounds. He didn't care enough. Who makes companies more money? You or him?

So with Amazon... the thing is, having done an interview with the company before... you're a number, for sure. But you expected that. You're not a person. You're probably associated with a certain expected return on investment based on your behavior. If it starts getting negative, they'll probably cut you off with no thoughts or questions asked. So it's important to build up some rapport and be careful on that front. ie Don't order things like monitors or TVs with high defect rates (for "picky" people) from Amazon before you've been with them a while. They're probably very serious about big data analytics and projected readings. That's the vibe I got from them. Are they consumer friendly? Policy wise, yes, they're quite friendly. But you also have to show you're profitable to keep. So they want you on a leash before you destroy their bottom line at all. It's a well oiled data analytics machine, and you're competing against idiots who don't know anything about the quality of their hardware. Again, who makes more money?

The thing that bugs me about that Newegg video by GN is he keeps glossing over the fact that he didn't notice that it was Open Box. The company has no ways of knowing whether they did or did not open it. Nor do we really for that matter, we just assume that's the case because we trust him and he says that other users have had similar experiences. Frankly at this point Newegg already has a reputation for Open Box issues, so why would you order from them? I'm not defending them but GN really likes raising a huge fuss over already known quantities so they can keep milking them. But on the flipside, obviously something was indeed obviously wrong with Newegg processes what he says is true. Would I order from Newegg? Idk depends on the product. But I'd sooner order from Amazon than Newegg for sure...
Did you not watch the video? Newegg says they inspected the board prior to shipping, which obviously they didn't do.

Common knowledge on the www means very little...

I've dealt with both companies and Newegg has had the worst return policy, I've never had any issues with Amazon.
Newegg also has shady third party sellers, by which they probably use if they are low on stock.
Amazon has sketchy third party sellers too, and unlike Newegg, as I said they DO MIX INVENTORY WITH THEIR OWN. It's called comingled inventory. Newegg doesn't.

Did you not watch the video? Newegg says they inspected the board prior to shipping, which obviously they didn't do.

Yes, I know, and yes I did (unfortunately) watch the entire video through all of his usual rambling. If you read my post (I know it's long sorry) I said:

To reiterate, he somewhat glosses over the fact that he missed the fact that it's Open Box. Newegg Open Box has NEVER been known (reputation wise) to be a good deal as far as I know. No one that I've ever talked to looks at Newegg Open Box and goes "yeah this is surely not going to backfire on me". And again, we're just trusting him at his word, here. We don't know if he opened it and screwed it up. Which being a reviewer, is highly unlikely, of course.

But their RMA inspection department doesn't know who messed up where. It's just some pissed off guy claiming that he didn't bend the pins, vs their other RMA department which claims that they checked them. Who are you going to believe? And who's at fault? Newegg? The dishonest idiots at their RMA department that didn't check jack? Both? The guy that put it back in the box and screwed it up?

Now them not sending his motherboard back for weeks and all of this... yeah obviously he deserves to raise a stink, but it's a bit of a one-sided interpretation of a company based on one event and also his claim of a high percentage of other events, and doesn't really go into what you'd expect from a New product from them...

Back