Gigabyte 570S Aorus Master bad USB 3.2-c front header.

Autochthon

Limp Gawd
Need some opinions.

I purchased a Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master a few months ago and just recently got around to checking my case front USB-C jack.
I got no signal or power for any device I tested.
I tried another USB 3.2-C cable and had the same results.
The rear USB 3.2-C port works fine and device manager looks normal.
I wrote Gigabyte support and explained the situation and they suggested sending them the board to be examined.
Case is a Phanteks P500a.

Problem is even if all goes well and they send me a replacement I'm not eager to be without my primary computer for weeks or longer.
I am not so confident they will send me a "new" replacement even if the front usb-c header is unrepairable on my board.

It annoys me no end to put out this kind of money for a motherboard and not have all of the bits operate properly.

So what do you all think is my best option?

Autochthon

Limp Gawd
have you confirmed its not the case? i bet theyd send you a new port....
Yes, That was my first thought. It seemed odd that just a 3c header would be bad.
But It still doesn't work with a replacement cable (Phanteks was great, good communication and speedy delivery) .
So I'm left with the port or some odd firmware issue. I've tried 3 bios variants and nothing changes. Flash Drives attached to the port don't appear in bios either.
I see no mention of anyone else having this problem with this board.

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
Yes, That was my first thought. It seemed odd that just a 3c header would be bad.
But It still doesn't work with a replacement cable (Phanteks was great, good communication and speedy delivery) .
So I'm left with the port or some odd firmware issue. I've tried 3 bios variants and nothing changes. Flash Drives attached to the port don't appear in bios either.
I see no mention of anyone else having this problem with this board.
ah, i misunderstood "new cable". yeah if theres no option to turn it on/off in the bios, you done everything you can and id assume it the mobo too.