Gigabyte 3080 RTX Gaming OC vs Gigabyte 2080 RTX Gaming OC

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
I just installed my new Gigabyte 3080 RTX Gaming OC and did a couple of before and after benchmarks with a few games. The most impressive performance increase was with Middle Earth: Shadow of War. This is also my first ever benchmark video, I am by no means a professional, just wanted to share some real world examples for anyone looking to purchase a 3080 :)

Props for keeping the in-game sound/music and not overlaying with awful trip hop.

Nice vid!

How's the "gaming feel" improvement? I found very little difference going from 2080 Ti to 3090...and from your videos (granted I'm watching on a 1080p work monitor) it didn't seem to be a huge difference (outside of the better numbers)...

Nice vid!

How's the "gaming feel" improvement? I found very little difference going from 2080 Ti to 3090...and from your videos (granted I'm watching on a 1080p work monitor) it didn't seem to be a huge difference (outside of the better numbers)...

Gameplay definitely "feels" better. Frames feel more consistent even with the resolution boost. Normally I would play at a lower resolution (1440p) during typical gameplay to keep frames above 60. So the combination of smoother more consistent frames and true 4K gaming is a real upgrade. True 4K 60fps gaming is finally here :)

It would be great if Youtube supported videos with uncapped frame rate, that would probably give a better impression for the video side of things.

I think Odyssey is quite heavily CPU bound hence not seeing a huge uplift in numbers. Middle Earth is like night and day though.

Back