Gigabyte 1080 Ti Waterforce card

floridadoc

n00b
Did Gigabyte stop making this card or something? I was going to get one, but everywhere is sold out and with Newegg saying they’re unsure if it will be back in stock.

Attachments

• 944AD19A-0BC0-40D0-822E-99C63CEA10E4.jpeg
    944AD19A-0BC0-40D0-822E-99C63CEA10E4.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 44
I'm assuming the miners are screwing with the stock here. I got a 1080 Waterforce WB before the Etherium boom, and while Gigabyte says they're still in production, I can't find another one (SLI dreams) in stock anywhere for less than $1,000... whereas I got mine from Newegg for $600.

I'm assuming the miners are screwing with the stock here. I got a 1080 Waterforce WB before the Etherium boom, and while Gigabyte says they're still in production, I can't find another one (SLI dreams) in stock anywhere for less than $1,000... whereas I got mine from Newegg for $600.

Sounds about right. The bad thing was that Newegg had these in stock a couple weeks back, but I didn't buy it then because I was still deciding on a card. When I decided to buy two of these, they were out of stock on Newegg and everywhere else. I ended up going with 2x of the EVGA FTW3 Hybrid models since I have no idea when this will be available again.

Sounds about right. The bad thing was that Newegg had these in stock a couple weeks back, but I didn't buy it then because I was still deciding on a card. When I decided to buy two of these, they were out of stock on Newegg and everywhere else. I ended up going with 2x of the EVGA FTW3 Hybrid models since I have no idea when this will be available again.
I think you'll be just as happy with those. EVGA makes some solid cards.

I'm thinking if they're still making the Hydro Copper versions when it's time to upgrade my GPU in a couple years, I might get one of those.

I think you'll be just as happy with those. EVGA makes some solid cards.

I'm thinking if they're still making the Hydro Copper versions when it's time to upgrade my GPU in a couple years, I might get one of those.

I’ve heard good things about EVGA. I hope it lives up to it. After being a Mac guy for the last 8 years, I’m diving back into PC. Game on!

Attachments

• D4DFE87D-E79A-4D9B-8642-C78EB6824063.jpeg
    D4DFE87D-E79A-4D9B-8642-C78EB6824063.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: NoNRG
like this
I’ve heard good things about EVGA. I hope it lives up to it. After being a Mac guy for the last 8 years, I’m diving back into PC. Game on!

I installed one of the 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrids in my system about two weeks ago and it's been running great. My only complaint with the card is that there's no RPM control for the fan on the radiator, so when it's sitting there idle the fan is slightly loud.

Haven't thought of any mods for fixing this yet, but I'm sure someone could figure something out. Also I don't know if this is intentional, like the radiator needs high airflow even when the card is not under load.

I installed one of the 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrids in my system about two weeks ago and it's been running great. My only complaint with the card is that there's no RPM control for the fan on the radiator, so when it's sitting there idle the fan is slightly loud.

Haven't thought of any mods for fixing this yet, but I'm sure someone could figure something out. Also I don't know if this is intentional, like the radiator needs high airflow even when the card is not under load.

If you figure something out, let me know! I haven’t installed mine yet. I’m still waiting for my motherboard and CPU.

Thanks for the heads up! I already picked up a couple FTW3 Hybrid cards, but that’s one nice looking card.

Now I’m waiting on my RAM, CPU, SSD, and motherboard to come in over the next couple weeks.

It’s been about 8 years since I built my own PC as I was a Mac guy for a while. It’s exciting to be getting back into all this.

Back