Gigabyte 1070TI Gamer and Accelero Xtreme III

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Can anyone who has this combo confirm all is good? Gigabyte has a very funky pbc layout and I want to be sure it fits. With my new Ryzen 3600 during gaming the system is pretty quiet minus the super loud GPU fans. I am happy with my 1070TI as thus replacing the card would be silly on top of my choices are limited as I need a D-DVI port for my old school Korean IPS 1440P. Trying to wait for 250-300 Monitors that sport these specs: IPS, 144Hz, HDR ready, and G-Sync. For 50$ this seems like a solid option vs a 400$ 2060 Super FE card(they have D-DVI port)

Granted on Ebay 1070TI's go for 225-250ish so after fees etc.. I could net around 200$+ cost of cooler is 50$ so I would only need to add 200$ more on my side but would be getting a much faster card. FE cards are solid as well noise wise...

I can't speak to that gpu/heatsink combo, but I will say that upgrading from a 1070Ti to a 2060S would not be much of a performance boost afaik. 2060S is like 1080 performance, definitely not $150-$200 faster unless hardware RTX is a selling point for you. Stick with the 1070Ti

I can't speak to that gpu/heatsink combo, but I will say that upgrading from a 1070Ti to a 2060S would not be much of a performance boost afaik. 2060S is like 1080 performance, definitely not $150-$200 faster unless hardware RTX is a selling point for you. Stick with the 1070Ti
hummm I need to go back and look at benches but I thought it closer to 1080ti levels...

Well I decided to give the heatsink a shot. The cooler fit Gigabyte's 1080's so I am guessing it will fit the 1070ti based on my google foo

Ive had really good luck with it on a 980ti and gtx580. Hopefully it fits.
A heads up, grab some thermaltape for the bga sinks. The supplied thermal adhesive can be permanent. If you only use it on a corner you can get the hs off pretty easy. Just be certain its not on anymore than that or it can take the memory off with it.

Ive had really good luck with it on a 980ti and gtx580. Hopefully it fits.
A heads up, grab some thermaltape for the bga sinks. The supplied thermal adhesive can be permanent. If you only use it on a corner you can get the hs off pretty easy. Just be certain its not on anymore than that or it can take the memory off with it.

I am thinking the adhesive in the corners and normal paste in the middle?

Sadly due to the custom PCB used by Gigabyte, the cooler will not fit on the card correctly thus making the heat sink stick well beyond the length of the card. Had to put stock cooler back on with just a repaste. Anyone want a cheap Accelero Xtreme III LMK.

Back