Giagabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR

NickM

Gawd
Have one of these on the way to replace a P965 S3 that decided to go into the endless reboot thing.
Any opinions on this board?

OC's good. Much more stable than the original P965 DS3's.

Endless reboot? Should still be under warranty, no? If so, RMA it and sell the replacement. ;)

I thought it was 1 year warranty?
I do already have a tech support ticket in on it, so I will see what they say.

Oh... I thought it was a 3yr warranty? You should look into that, hehe.

Update (if anyone cares).
The new board came in Thursday.
Seems to be a slight bit quicker then the old one (with same clock), but it's also a fresh install on a WD 640 Black, so that may have something to do with it.
Have an RMA on the old board, and am sending it back tomorrow.

Yes, the Caviar Black is responsible for the systems new found quickness. Glad you got your system back up. ;)

hey, did you get an advance RMA? if you didn't, what did you do in the mean time when you were without a mobo

it sounds like you were able to secure an advance rma. i thought gigabyte didnt allow for advanced rma.

hey, did you get an advance RMA? if you didn't, what did you do in the mean time when you were without a mobo

it sounds like you were able to secure an advance rma. i thought gigabyte didnt allow for advanced rma.

Once I determined that the problem was the board, I ordered a new one, and contacted Gigabyte in the meantime.
As far as what I did while the box was down, I have 2 more towers and a laptop-just couldn't game is all.
I will have an additional board once I get the RMA, but I probably already have it sold (friend wants to migrate up from sckt 478 and AGP).

Back