Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Now confirmed for PC via Steam after first releasing on the Switch. This game seems to be pretty divisive. Some hardcore fans of the original hate it, noting the randomness and slowness of this version ruins the feel of the game. Others really like the multitude of modern quality of life features added to the game while maintaining the level of difficulty the original series is known for. The release date is yet to be confirmed.

Had no idea they made a new game. Was playing the original last weekend on the Genesis & SNES. It reminded me how old I'm getting. I could barley make it through the first level lol.

Will be picking this up!

Also, Support BitHead1000 :)

Had no idea they made a new game. Was playing the original last weekend on the Genesis & SNES. It reminded me how old I'm getting. I could barley make it through the first level lol.

Will be picking this up!

Also, Support BitHead1000 :)

I only found out about it initially because I follow PJDicesare on Twitch, who is a prominent GnG speedrunner. He is one of the voices who is not thrilled with the new game.

I could never get acclimated to the movement mechanics in the series. I did enjoy the 3D spinoff Maximo, though. The added QoL features in this release may pull me in for this one.

This one is a must by for me. so great news! I still have my arcade going and this series had the most play outside of SF and the Metal Slug series. Was disappointed when I heard it was just out on the Switch after seeing the video posted. I don't play many games nowdays on the arcade but G&G is always in the rotation.

I was more elaborate in the Switch version thread, but if you ever liked any of the classics in this series, you MUST have this. It’s so good!

I don't think I can play games like this anymore. I won Ghouls & Ghosts numerous times as a kid and was at least okay at (the much harder) Ghost & Goblins. These days I struggle with games like that. Cuphead gave me fits and I only made it about halfway through. This will be a situation where I'll probably watch someone else play it or something.

I don't think I can play games like this anymore. I won Ghouls & Ghosts numerous times as a kid and was at least okay at (the much harder) Ghost & Goblins. These days I struggle with games like that. Cuphead gave me fits and I only made it about halfway through. This will be a situation where I'll probably watch someone else play it or something.

This game is definitely not quite in the Cuphead class difficulty-wise. Not that it can't be, but it has very good difficulty-scaled modes. I played it on the medium-low-ish setting which made it feel about like Ghouls n Ghosts (arcade version). Difficult, but not controller or Switch tossing difficult. :) It's still got challenge to it in this mode. There are more difficulty levels about this of course, but I tend to go for "challenging, but not hard" when I have a choice with games. I'd put this a bit more in the Hollow Knight / Dead Cells difficulty region. Tricky, but rewarding and fair. I still play the arcade Gouls n Ghosts from time to time, so maybe the recent practice helps. I played Cuphead for quite a while, but it is what I'd classify as hard.

I never really had a problem with Cuphead. GnGR though, on legend, can be somewhat painful. I mainly played on Knight difficulty, though one of my friends can now beat the game with fewer than 10 deaths on legend (and that includes the full game, not just the first playthrough). That said, the randomness is a pain, and some of the spells make the game much easier than the originals.

You can find a CD Keys key for 25.00 but you might just want the Steam version for 5.00 more. Just released today

Last edited:
Just played this on Paige really a nice game CD keys had it cheap. Got past the 1st stage anyway but you respawn.

Back