Ghostbusters Official Trailer

I agree with that. All four actresses are just doing very bad versions of their usual stuff, with no attempt to make it fit with what the old movies were. It's almost as tone-deaf as those "spoof" movies that used to be a big thing a few years ago.
The sad part is, the trailer for this could have been in one of those spoof movies and it would have fit.

I would have been fine with it if it was a continuation.. the daughters or something.. but not a reboot. They can't top Bill Murray.

As of right now, 11million+ views of the trailer. 120,665 thumbs up. 222,761 thumbs down. 'Nuff said!

Dear Hollywood, please stop raping my childhood with these awful awful "movies".

Also, who are these actresses? This looks absolutely terrible.........may Gozer eat your babies.

If it bombs, it's because all you pirates downloaded it for free.

Like most reboots, I think I will have to go into this with zero comparisons to the original. It might be ok, but it will never get close to the original.

I like Melissa McCarthy. :/

No, if it bombs, (and it will) its because the entire movie & crew is comprised of no talent ass clowns.

I thought they were rebooting it with no mention of the original (alternate universe essentially). But yet, the trailers first comment makes mention of the originals.

All the talk of the original (surviving) cast making cameos is now different. Before (alt-universe), you could have them make a random janitor cameo or something. Now, they basically have to play their characters.

Crawl out from under your rock any time lately?

Not saying this movie is going to be good but I keep seeing comments like "who are these people"...

Really?
Only time I crawl out from under my rock is when I tell people to "Get off my lawn!".

I went into that trailer with no knowledge of who any of those 4 are. It still looked absolutely like forced PC garbage and I'm almost sorry I wasted time on the trailer.

Nope...Desperate money grab and nothing more.

Wow that trailer sucks outloud, Kristin Wiig is funny, but nothing was really coming through in that trailer. Are they trying to turn it into some kind of weird campy comedy? That's how it came across.

Yes, I know. MPAA and studio executives will blame piracy, though. It's their go to.

Not always. The last time a big deal was made out of piracy and a movie flopping was Expendables 3. If this flops Hollywood will believe it failed because of it being a female-led action/comedy movie. Sony might also believe that because it failed that means there isn't much interest in Ghostbusters as a franchise.

I feel a lot better about this movie after watching the trailer - it actually seems really funny.
What was funny? The fact that they are trying to play off the nostalgia of the original for a quick buck? I didn't see a single funny thing in that trailer.
Looks very bad.
^This x1000

Looks like most reboots of classic movies. Half assed money grabs that are nothing but a pale shadow of the original.

What was funny? The fact that they are trying to play off the nostalgia of the original for a quick buck? I didn't see a single funny thing in that trailer.

The vomiting ghost tickled my funny bone. And the slapping scenes. Maybe my sense of humor isn't as sophisticated as yours, but a bit of slapstick works for me.

I feel a lot better about this movie after watching the trailer - it actually seems really funny.
I agree 200%, if you are being as sarcastic as I am.

On the plus side, perhaps we could finally outlaw waterboarding and just make Guantanamo bay terrorists watch this movie on loop until they break.

Watching a show Friday and they made a few good points.
) there were 3 scientist not 4. Like in this movie one person was the everyman for them to explain things to.

2) this movie is supposed to take place in a new universe. The first two movies never happen, this isn't a sequel, it is a full reboot. So if the originals never happen then why use them as a reference in the trailer talking about what happen back in them?

Not saying this movie is going to be good but I keep seeing comments like "who are these people"...

Really?

Who are these people? No, really, who are they?? I dont live under a rock, just in the real world.

Who are these people? No, really, who are they?? I dont live under a rock, just in the real world.

In the real world they are very famous actresses / comediennes who have done a number of shows and movies.

In the real world they are very famous actresses / comediennes who have done a number of shows and movies.

The only thing I recognize in all the movies/shows they have done is SNL. That show crashed and burned over 30 years ago.

RedLetterMedia reviews the trailer...

How did you watch that guy without scooping you eyes out with rusty spoon? The only thing more obnoxious than the new ghostbusters trailer was this guys reaction to it.

Calling them very famous is being a little overly generous. Being on SNL (these days) and a handful of largely unknown tv/movie roles isn't "Very famous". I haven't heard of any of them and while I may have seen something with them in it, they didn't exactly stand out. Either way, their fame really isn't the important part here. Lots of unknown actors/actresses have become famous by getting a major role in a film that blew up. The entire trailer and premise of the movie is just pure unadulterated garbage it wouldn't matter who the actors were.

Calling them very famous is being a little overly generous. Being on SNL (these days) and a handful of largely unknown tv/movie roles isn't "Very famous". I haven't heard of any of them and while I may have seen something with them in it, they didn't exactly stand out. Either way, their fame really isn't the important part here. Lots of unknown actors/actresses have become famous by getting a major role in a film that blew up. The entire trailer and premise of the movie is just pure unadulterated garbage it wouldn't matter who the actors were.

Kristen Wiig has been in a lot of stuff...so has Melissa McCarthy, numerous movies and shows. I can maybe understand not knowing about Kate McKinnon or Leslie Jones if you don't keep up on SNL but I find it hard to believe that people have never heard of ANY of them. What about Chris Hemsworth, you guys heard of him right?

I just hate the whole "oh, yeah, never heard of them" disingenuous BS that some people like to put out to belittle them. Not saying that is you or anyone in particular but it happens.

I also don't disagree with you that the movie could flop, we'll see.

Having loved the original movie and this looks fun. I'll see it.

Why Ghostbusters Went With A Reboot Over A Sequel

"This is such an amazing franchise, with two amazing movies, but it could just keep going! There's so many things you can do with it. It just seemed terrible to leave it in a box. And yet, at the same time, there's something exciting about the idea of bringing it to a new generation, but this time... see an origin story of them. I know some people are like, `Why is it not a sequel instead of a reboot?' I didn't like the idea, personally, of them being handed technology - `Here's how to do this.' I want to see it develop!"

I am not on the fence, it looks stupid and I will not be watching it.

Kristen Wiig has been in a lot of stuff...so has Melissa McCarthy, numerous movies and shows. I can maybe understand not knowing about Kate McKinnon or Leslie Jones if you don't keep up on SNL but I find it hard to believe that people have never heard of ANY of them. What about Chris Hemsworth, you guys heard of him right?

I just hate the whole "oh, yeah, never heard of them" disingenuous BS that some people like to put out to belittle them. Not saying that is you or anyone in particular but it happens.

I also don't disagree with you that the movie could flop, we'll see.

I genuinely hadn't heard of any of these actresses. Once someone mentioned some of the other shit Melissa McCarthy had been in, I recognized her but no one else. I haven't actually seen any of the stuff she's been in either, I just recall the commercials for a few of them.

I rarely watch anything these days that can't be found on Netflix or Hulu. Most of the stuff I watch aside from that are true crime shows, entertaining bullshit about UFO's and comic book based TV series. That's about it. I rarely go to the theatre to watch anything. There are probably a half dozen movies each year I'll go see at most.

Well, since Sony is cheerily deleting many comments on that YouTube page (including, interestingly enough, practically all of the most well-written and analytical reviews), this doesn't make the film look any good. Right now, there is a 2-to-1 dislike to like ratio (and a ton of bots proclaiming their like for the film). The usual SJW types are defending the film online in blogs/websites/social media, with a lot of assumptions and an appalling lack of logic; their ad hominem attacks on the criticism of the film just makes me go:

Heck, the film might actually be good. But that trailer (and Sony's tactics, SJW overreaction) sure aren't helping it any ...

Really?
The only one I know from the trailer is Melissa McCarthy, even though I've never seen anything with her. I don't know who any of the other actresses are. Looking them up, apparently they're all comediennes from Saturday Night live in the current century. Well, that would explain why I wouldn't know who the hell they are.

I still go and see a lot of movies, but I'm not into lowbrow "comedy."

Back