Ghostbusters Official Trailer

Love Melissa McCarthy, love the rest of the cast. Will most likely see this in the theater. Looks hilarious to me. Also I loved the originals with Bill Murray but the man is almost dead, also he likes the new movie.

Came here to post exactly this. I probably won't see this in theaters exactly for this reason.
Same. Though I'll probably see it because my wife loves her and Christen Wiig, who I also hate. Though I'm willing to giver her a pass because she was pretty good in The Martian. I just can't stand the way she's 100% sarcastic all the time in every role. It's her one character: affronted sarcasm.

That, and the effects look pretty mediocre. The originals have effects that generally stand up today, but the overt CG nature of these is just meh. Particularly that ghost puking on her in the trailer. The mix of cg and real goo is jarring.

This will flop hard. This movie will be the definition of bargain bin. McCarthy was good in The Heat. Overall she is overused and underwhelming in comedy. Everyone else in the movie do not look interesting either.

Love Melissa McCarthy, love the rest of the cast. Will most likely see this in the theater. Looks hilarious to me. Also I loved the originals with Bill Murray but the man is almost dead, also he likes the new movie.

I'll rent it. I looks good, but it doesn't look like Ghostbusters. It's a comedy similar to Bridesmaids with a group of girls cosplaying as Ghostbusters. It really doesn't have that Ghostbusters feeling to it. Of course, the original was so well done.

Still, it looks like it will be funny and a good watch.

Well looks like I get a night to myself when my wife and her mum go see this without me. I might redbox it... might...

Are you fucking kidding me??? At first I thought it was a sequel but after watching the trailer HOLY SHIT why did they make this? At least Slimer is in it. Another Hollywood Shit CGI fest reboot. Pirate this shit at all costs.

I'm a sucker for a comedy bad or otherwise. I'll wait until I can rent it. "It's a Cadillac!"

This will flop hard. This movie will be the definition of bargain bin. McCarthy was good in The Heat. Overall she is overused and underwhelming in comedy. Everyone else in the movie do not look interesting either.

I disagree. While the critics might not enjoy it much, it'll definitely make back its budget and then some on its opening weekend. Melissa McCarthy, while not a favorite of mine, does have quite a large following of devoted fans that'll flock to anything with her name on it.

Unsure. Seemed like Leslie Jones was the only one that made me laugh. That said, i like most of the people in the cast and I love Paul Feig....I'll wait for the reviews.

LMK when it's on netflix. I'll watch it then. Not even worth the bandwidth it takes to locate it on the interwebs for download.

Might go see it at the dollar theater, give me an excuse to buy movie theater popcorn and get out of the house.

Ugh looks terrible. It doesn't even look like it has a story, just a bunch of bad jokes held together by overdone CGI. The whole "women ghostbusters" theme seems totally contrived and obnoxious. And of course you have the token black woman. None of them even come close to having the presence of the original ghostbusters cast. Remember, ghostbusters wasn't just about constant bad jokes. Bill Murray was really the only main cast member of the old ghostbusters who's role was pure comedy. The others derived comedy from good story writing. In this preview every one of them is just constantly spewing cringe-worthy bad jokes out of their mouths non-stop. This doesn't even seem to pay homage to original, as they seem more intent on "re-inventing" everything with a new overdone CGI version (new traps, new weapons, etc). None of the original cast aside from maybe Bill Murray seems to have any part in the movie. Obviously Harold Ramis is dead but why not the others? Finally, wasn't the main complaint about the 2nd Ghostbusters that the slime was overdone? I guess they didn't get the memo because even just in the preview it looks like half the movie is going to be about slime
tard.gif

I look forward to downloading this for free and watching it while I'm shitfaced drunk, because I'm not sure I would make it through he movie otherwise.

Last edited:
Seems more like a novelty than a serious attempt at a reboot. The joke is that all the characters who were men in the old one are ladies! So funny! This just reminds me of everything that is wrong about Hollywood. Remake something that doesn't need to be remade but worse.

I kind of want to see it. Looks like an entertaining movie. Loved the originals but let's be honest, they were terrible but lovable.

Another example (of many) that Hollywood has almost no originality left. Quit ruining old, fondly remembered IPs in an attempt mine nostalgia for gold.

I have no intention of watching this. None at all.

Nope. Had high hopes for this cause the original is one of the great all time movies I remember from my childhood. This looks like a straight to video kids cartoon movie or something. Like all the funny lines in the whole movie are in the trailer. And the 4 characters look awful. 4 unattractive women and a plot that just seems silly? I'll be watching this one when it comes to Amazon Prime, if even then

looks better then I thought...the special effects look really impressive...looking forward to the cameos from most of the original Ghostbusters

trailer didn't sway me into thinking this would be even a mediocre movie...

I think it made me think worse of the idea. Only reason I could possibly come up with as to seeing this is just to find out what role the old cast has in it.

Ugh looks terrible. It doesn't even look like it has a story, just a bunch of bad jokes held together by overdone CGI. The whole "women ghostbusters" theme seems totally contrived and obnoxious. And of course you have the token black woman. None of them even come close to having the presence of the original ghostbusters cast. Remember, ghostbusters wasn't just about constant bad jokes. Bill Murry was really the only main cast member of the old ghostbusters who's role was pure comedy. The others derived comedy from good story writing. In this preview every one of them is just constantly spewing cringe-worthy bad jokes out of their mouths non-stop. This doesn't even seem to pay homage to original, as they seem more intent on "re-inventing" everything with a new overdone CGI version (new traps, new weapons, etc). None of the original cast aside from maybe Bill Murry seems to have any part in the movie. Obviously Harold Ramis is dead but why not the others? Finally, wasn't the main complaint about the 2nd Ghostbusters that the slime was overdone? I guess they didn't get the memo because even just in the preview it looks like half the movie is going to be about slime
tard.gif

I look forward to downloading this for free and watching it while I'm shitfaced drunk, because I'm not sure I would make it through he movie otherwise.

Definitely agree with your comparison to the original. The style of comedy has gone from dry humor you get from the writing to stupid comedy you get from bad writing and the same actors who do the same stupid comedy roles in every movie they star in.

That being said I will see it in theaters just because I was on the set and I want to see how that translates to the screen.

One has to wonder who owed who what to get this piece of trash made. I was almost on the fence before seeing the trailer and now .... lol, not even for free would I waste my time on this.

I would have given it a chance as a sequel, but as a reboot for some reason I don't think I will watch it. Reboots are funny in that unless there is something in it that I think was lacking in the original and fixed in the reboot then I always find it is done poorly. Now it might be unfair for me to compare the full Ghostbusters original movie to a trailer, but nothing in the trailer made me think, oh yeah that was something I thought should have been changed in the original.

Back