Ghostbuster The Video Game

Vegasr

Gawd
The wife just picked up Ghostbusters for the PC at Target. They have it clearanced at $9.88, YMMV. Have not opened it yet though.

Is it ever worth it with all the issues it has, or should I take it back. Or give it hell for $10?

I didn't know GB on PC has issues except for AA support. What other problems are there?

The AA issue was fixed with updated drivers from both IHVs. Other than that, there are no widespread issues.

I loved the game, and feel it's a great deal at $10. Running around blowing up random shit with your particle beam and sliming anything in your path never gets old.

It's 10$.. Is that really that big of an budget? jesus people bitch about 60$ games but this is just getting ridiculous.

Cool, and thanks for the replies, even Dion's. I was on Atari's site looking to see if there was a patch and came across their forum for the game, and lots or reported issues.

I'll give it a go cause I'd think it would be fun.

The game is a direct console port. The animations for most of the cut scenes are at 30fps (your game fps will be high but how the character's movements will look jerky). The worst part is the lack of control I have with the mouse in this game. It's completely designed for an xbox controller as things like acceleration cannot be turned off.

The game is a direct console port. The animations for most of the cut scenes are at 30fps (your game fps will be high but how the character's movements will look jerky). The worst part is the lack of control I have with the mouse in this game. It's completely designed for an xbox controller as things like acceleration cannot be turned off.

Yep, its a pain in the ass to play with a mouse. I switched to my 360 controller and it was alot easier for the few hours I played it before I got hella bored with it.

The worst part is the lack of control I have with the mouse in this game. It's completely designed for an xbox controller as things like acceleration cannot be turned off.
Yeah the mouse controls were absolutely horrible - horrible enough for me to uninstall it like on the second level or so.

But otherwise it was fairly fun from what I played.

I think this is the game where if you install to a drive that is not you OS drive it's a PITA, lol

If I remember right you have to copy all the contents to the drive you want, and don't use the installer.

Epic fail if you can't even get the installer right ;)

It's worth a go for $10 I suppose. I found the game a bit of a repetitive slog with few redeeming qualities, it has occasional good moments though.

$10 is a steal for that game. Especially if you were a fan of the movies to begin with.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I enjoyed the game a lot. Thought it was pretty fun and entertaining. I didn't play it on the PC(played it on the xbox 360) but for 10 dollars I feel like it's well worth it. I could see the controls being a little picky with a mouse though.

I played all the way through on a mouse and really didn't have complaints about it. It's totally worth it for that price, the writing is hilarious and the gameplay is straight Ghostbusting. I reviewed it on these forums a couple months back, maybe it's searchable.

I paid under $7 for it on steam and had a blast with it. I wouldn't bother with a kb/m setup though. I used a 360 controller. fun game for sure. I didn't have any issues playing it.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I bought it for like $10 when steam had a sale a few months back, not a game I'd pay full price on but definitely worth it at that price

It's 10$.. Is that really that big of an budget? jesus people bitch about 60$ games but this is just getting ridiculous.

10 dollars is 10 dollars :rolleyes: There are plenty of games not worth that, even if you have extra money.

I tried to give the game a go a while back, but for whatever reason the mouse control in the game was unplayable w/ my setup. I tried everything I could, but the mouse either had me spin a 360 w/ the slightest touch of my mouse, or have a 3 second lag from when I moved the mouse to it registering. Played fine on my son's PC, though. Maybe had something to do w/ my logitech g5? Never bothered to figure it out.

got this for the $6.** whatever it was on steam and played about an hour of it....very fun and no real control complaints.

however, am I just crazy - or did the loading seem like an ETERNITY every time it had to load? is there some way to improve that? I honestly havent gotten back around to it since BECAUSE of the load times... haha

Damnit. I just bought it on Steam for $20. It's downloading now. :(

Last edited:
I got it on Steam last x-mas for ~$7. Finally got around to playing through it a couple weeks ago. It's not a bad game at all - very juvenile and mellow compared to anything else with similar game mechanics and subject matter, but overall it was still pretty fun.

I think you can play through it in under 10 hours easily. I'd say give it a shot - and if you have kids, this might be a good one to introduce them to shooters.

edit - oh, yeah - it does have some really horrible mouse acceleration issues. I finally got it fixed and running acceptably by going into every possible windows mouse-settings I could find and making sure acceleration was turned off. The game still adds a little, but it was finally playable, since no real precision aiming is needed for this game.

Last edited:
Wow, I had no problems using the mouse, but I see others did. Not sure what the deal is there. It was just fine for a third person game. It felt completely responsive. I don't know if I just tweaked the settings well, or other people are experiencing a bug, but they worked fine for me. Strange... The game doesn't have an extremely fast pace anyway. Now I have to play it again to see what's up with this. :)

Anyway, it's definitely a good game, and more than worth the discounted prices. (I'd still pay full price if I didn't have it already)

Back