GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

For all you guys not on that shitty slack thingy here is the latest update:

*As of 13th April* “We now have a tracking number on the shipment from the first Aluminum supplier, and deliver of it is estimated to April 16, the second Aluminum supplier needs another week to finish the products. In total there are 13 categories of suppliers, (PCB, silicon, alu, steel, fabric, packaging, foam, screews etc) but the alu suppliers have the toughest job and are defining the critical timeline. After reviewing and deciding which of the two aluminum supplier to go with we are looking at 6 weeks of manufacturing time + 1 week packaging and shipping. June is a better estimate right now.” Survey Status: Not Sent Yetweek packaging and shipping. June is a better estimate right now.” Survey Status: Not Sent Yet

quick update from the slack chat (i m not part of the staff just a backer)

they have recieved the samples of one of the 2 manufactors.

so now the schedule should be:

recieving second manufactor's samples--->deciding which manufactor to use--->make a pool for colours and top hats size/numbers--->place the order--->6 weeks to recieve the products--->1 week to ship them to the backers (i think that they will use a 3 days shipping)

now here some new pictures of the samples they recieved

C6uozVC.jpg

Qy6sCKs.jpg

QyOqqJx.jpg

now as you can see the extra holes for the screws in the top grills are still there as they said that they were unable to remove them (the holes are there to secure to the case some add ons like the strap and the stand).

as part of the comunity doesn t like them the staff asked about removing the holes on the sides (4) while keeping the ones in the front and back.
bw0FJlB

PS:as you can see the copper grills are part of the available options (you will have to buy them as an extra, you can t have them instead of the standard grey/black grill)

quick update from the slack chat (i m not part of the staff just a backer)

they have recieved the samples of one of the 2 manufactors.

so now the schedule should be:

recieving second manufactor's samples--->deciding which manufactor to use--->make a pool for colours and top hats size/numbers--->place the order--->6 weeks to recieve the products--->1 week to ship them to the backers (i think that they will use a 3 days shipping)

now here some new pictures of the samples they recieved

View attachment 68154

View attachment 68155

View attachment 68156

now as you can see the extra holes for the screws in the top grills are still there as they said that they were unable to remove them (the holes are there to secure to the case some add ons like the strap and the stand).

as part of the comunity doesn t like them the staff asked about removing the holes on the sides (4) while keeping the ones in the front and back.
bw0FJlB

PS:as you can see the copper grills are part of the available options (you will have to buy them as an extra, you can t have them instead of the standard grey/black grill)

Thx for the pitchures.

Artic White are really good and this Confirms my choice.

Hope white grill comes otherwise the Copper is the better looking.

Not to be pessimist, but i think we all should get ready for a freaking lawsuit...

Just think about it, they moved all the "updates" to a private channel and disappeared from all the other sites...

When the moment is right they can just "erase" their slack channel and just disappear!

Ghost S1? that never existed... what are you talking about buddy?

You saw pics of renders and a few samples yeah? But don't forget:

A kickstarter is a PROMISE, NOT A SALE with a receipt that you can fight for...

I'm feeling cheated and really frustrated now to say the least...

AND EVEN IF THEY FINALLY DELIVER, IT'S GOING TO BE TOO FREAKING LATE FOR WHAT THEY PROMISED ANYWAYS!!!

just pissed though...

Not to be pessimist, but i think we all should get ready for a freaking lawsuit...

Just think about it, they moved all the "updates" to a private channel and disappeared from all the other sites...

When the moment is right they can just "erase" their slack channel and just disappear!

AND EVEN IF THEY FINALLY DELIVER, IT'S GOING TO BE TOO FREAKING LATE FOR WHAT THEY PROMISED ANYWAYS!!!

just pissed though...
You are being a little dramatic. It's delayed sure, but have no doubt that they are working hard on it.
I don't have access to the slack channel even though I backed them, but I'm confident that they will deliver as soon as they can.

just pissed though...
what are you talking about buddy?

Relax, would be my advice. Long delays on KS projects are common. Doesn't mean product is vaporware. I think they have been a little too optimistic in their time lines, is all.

Relax, would be my advice. Long delays on KS projects are common. Doesn't mean product is vaporware. I think they have been a little too optimistic in their time lines, is all.

I don't think the delay is the issue but more like the lack of communications.

I don't think the delay is the issue but more like the lack of communications.

Yeah I agree with that. I posted about that a bit ago. I personally hate slack and think it is really a bad idea to just completely abandon forums. Especially this one. Definitely does not help the "scam" talk.

as they don't i ll give you guys an update from the slack channel

they have recieved the sample from the first manufactor (in china) and at the moment are still waiting from the second (taiwan) that is probably due to next week (hard to say as they have already postponed the date 3 times), after that 48 hours to decide which manufactor they will use, then as said before 6 weeks to make the case and 1 to ship them.
they will have to fit polls/emails for the colours and the size of the top hats in there.

TL;DR: do not expect the case before july

i'm personally quite disapointed about the asian manifacturing of the case, it was initially sold as swedish made

Last edited:
as they don't i ll give you guys an update from the slack channel

they have recieved the sample from the first manufactor (in china) and at the moment are still waiting from the second (taiwan) that is probably due to next week (hard to say as they have already postponed the date 3 times), after that 48 hours to decide which manufactor they will use, then as said before 6 weeks to make the case and 1 to ship them.
they will have to fit polls/emails for the colours and the size of the top hats in there.

TL;DR: do not expect the case before july

i'm personally quite disapointed about the asian manifacturing of the case, it was initially sold as swedish made

Everything is made ik China, if the cases should have been produced in Sweden the cost would been huge, the salary of a swedish worker contra a chinese worker is just too much.
Both Dan case and Ncase M1 is produced in Asia/China
For me, i personally prefer it to be manufactured in Asia. Worning hours Are longer than e.g. Sweden and the mentality aswell

Everything is made ik China, if the cases should have been produced in Sweden the cost would been huge, the salary of a swedish worker contra a chinese worker is just too much.
Both Dan case and Ncase M1 is produced in Asia/China
For me, i personally prefer it to be manufactured in Asia. Worning hours Are longer than e.g. Sweden and the mentality aswell

No the Ncase and Dan are made in Taiwan by Lian Li, a well established high end case manufacturer. That is completely different from being made in China.

I think they should hire a community manager, since they don't have the time to update the forums themselves (at least during this highly intensive final stage).

it was initially sold as swedish made

I don't think they ever said so? I think Europe was initially mentioned, but I suspected they'd go with Taiwan or China like everybody else in the end. For cost reasons, as always.

I'm not worried at all, and manufacturing delays pretty much always happen, no matter where the manufacturing facilities are located. I'm guessing August, but we'll see.

Last edited:
No the Ncase and Dan are made in Taiwan by Lian Li, a well established high end case manufacturer. That is completely different from being made in China.

Taiwan or China same story man, still way cheaper than in Scandinavian...
I did write "asia" and not just china

Meant to arrive on Monday but let’s see.

Tomorrow they will ship the second sample to Sweden from Taiwan and they will recieve it on Thursday i think, 3 working days.

Then they need 48 hours to check them and then we are in on the week after that on Monday 21 May.

Artic White will not ship tomorrow and are slacking after because of that i can not se us get the Cases before August.

Last edited:
Tomorrow they will ship the second sample to Sweden from Taiwan and they will recieve it on Thursday i think, 3 working days.

Then they need 48 hours to check them and then we are in on the week after that on Monday 21 May.

Artic White will not ship tomorrow and are slacking after because of that i can not se us get the Cases before August.
My mistake, thought it was meant to arrive on Monday not ship. :)

Thats what they told earlier this is what they told us may 7th
They would ship it wednesday = May 9th,
Receive = friday the 11th and place order monday = 14th

Attachments

• 3FB18CE7-A230-4337-8D19-BF5CF1699C07.jpeg
    3FB18CE7-A230-4337-8D19-BF5CF1699C07.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 0
we have news from Slack:

owlery [2:46 PM]
- Samples from supplier 2 received this morning = 3 days to test and decide on supplier
- Manufacturer and collation of all parts = 6-8 weeks
- Packaging, sending = 1 week
- Shipping time = 48 hours
So we are looking at last week of June.

we have news from Slack:

owlery [2:46 PM]
- Samples from supplier 2 received this morning = 3 days to test and decide on supplier
- Manufacturer and collation of all parts = 6-8 weeks
- Packaging, sending = 1 week
- Shipping time = 48 hours
So we are looking at last week of June.

Has there been any chatter about acrylic side panels?
- I'm thinking of down sizing my case even more and the Ghost would be perfect. I could machine my own panels locally (actually I was thinking of doing my own case, but really I don't have the time to chase it up) but off the shelf would be even better.

Has there been any chatter about acrylic side panels?
- I'm thinking of down sizing my case even more and the Ghost would be perfect. I could machine my own panels locally (actually I was thinking of doing my own case, but really I don't have the time to chase it up) but off the shelf would be even better.

They wil eventually add windowed sidepanels for both left/right side of the case, but there are no ETA for that atm...

Sooo, this is the condensed new ETA for the case:

"6-8 weeks from 14th May to ship (and shipping is done by air - <48h Del) Survey Status: Not Sent Yet)"

As of 5:00 PM Eastern Time (aka NYC time):

We just finished the calls with both suppliers, still some questions that need answering, we will make the decision in the morning when we have gotten them. Price is secondary, quality is our first priority, long term, that will affect the LOUQE brand more than anything else, not cost coverage. We have an ambition to raise expectations, it is guiding us in all decisions and quality has a lot to do with expectations. We will choose the one that we are confident will make the best product, you have my word.

And today's update:

We are close, waiting for Taiwan to come back with the last details, then we should be able to sign! Also we have prepared a number of emails that will go out to various groups, slackers, first dibsers, KS backers with TopHats, KS backers without TopHats, newsletter subscribers and 3D-model release. You should expect those to come today as well

Just received an email from the team:

FULL SCALE PROD. ORDER PLACED

PRODUCTION ORDER DATE

May 15th 2018
13:00 CET

UPDATED TIMELINE
  • Manufacturing 7 weeks (May-June) with continuous quality control
  • Pick and pack 1 week (early July)
  • Shipping 48h
UPDATED ETA
  • 2018-07-10
The Ghost S1 has finally moved into full scale production! A case that should last a lifetime and could define the contours of a new norm in the PC industry is close to being shipped. Frustrated and eager to place this piece in our homes, we have waited long enough. However, making something this different that is supposed to last, means everything needs to be just right and requires a good deal of focus. The fact that we have come this far, configured the robots and pushed the play button is big, we have proven that it is possible to make changes in a conservative market dominated by cost cuts and streamlined design.

What was once an idea, a conviction that things could be different is now close to materialization, thanks to the massive support and global enthusiasm we have made it through. We would like to direct a special thanks to our original Kickstarter backs that have been with us for an entire year now and stayed with us, you will always be very special to us! We would also want to direct a special thanks to the latest KS backers that took a leap of faith and trusted us with being able to deliver on our efforts for a long time, we appreciate the patience and understand we have suffered many delays in the initial time plan.

The Arctic finish has been removed from the line-up. More about that in a separate mail to those who are affected. The updated line-up is as follows:

• Ash - a dark grey finish with beautiful reflections
  • Pangaea - A subtle green, representing our strict eco focus
  • Limestone - a bright raw aluminum finish

Thank you all!
TEAM LOUQE

Cg02aVQ.png

Additional email for People that ordered the Artic colour.

You are receiving this email because you have backed one or more products with the Arctic finish.For the Arctic finish we have tested different coatings, where a fine polymer coating looked like the most promising alternative, but it simply couldn’t be applied thinly enough to keep the tolerances in place. The micro plasma oxidization method is working in terms of tolerances but does not result in a white finish, but in a greyish color that is darker than the Limestone alternative. To make every finish as good as the other one and maintain a consistent quality level we have been forced to use a common anodization method throughout the product line. So, for the foreseeable future we are removing the arctic finish from the lineup and going back to making the Limestone as bright as possible. Ash has remained a dark grey color with beautiful reflections.Also, we are adding a new finish to the mix – Pangaea Green.All finishes have a glass blasted anodized aluminum surface that is as strong as it is stunning.We are deeply sorry for this and understand your frustration, it has not been an easy decision, but we would rather make it now than have many dissatisfied customers down the line.All your orders will be canceled and refunded, if you are still interested in one of the other colors you are more than welcome to go back to the web-shop and place a new order.

Hoping you will stay with us!

Team LOUQE

Last edited:
Well that sucks! Really wanted the white case with the custom grill.. I'm kinda sceptical about choosing a color when there aren't any real pictures to go by.

Well that sucks! Really wanted the white case with the custom grill.. I'm kinda sceptical about choosing a color when there aren't any real pictures to go by.
same with most people...lime has changed so many times it s colour and the new green has no real life pictures...

i really hope that they will provide real life pictures with no editing and some videos of the new colours and grills

Only for interest:

Do they ship from Taiwan/China to customers or from Sweden to customers? I wonder because container shipping from Taiwan to Sweden will take 4 weeks so i don't think production will be done in 7weeks include container shipping.

Furthermore if they do shipping by themself they will never handle it in 1 week if they do it the first time.

Also shipping in 48h is also very unrealistic this is only possible with DHL Express and also some countries will take longer. For example shipping from Germany to US costs 200€ with DHL Express for an 2Kg package.

Maybe I am wrong but this is my experience for this topic.

Went with the silver. Also got the full tophat pack...figure that's the whole point of this case anyway. Excited to get my hands on this.

Was sad the white didn't work but maybe I can change that myself....

Only for interest:

Do they ship from Taiwan/China to customers or from Sweden to customers? I wonder because container shipping from Taiwan to Sweden will take 4 weeks so i don't think production will be done in 7weeks include container shipping.

Furthermore if they do shipping by themself they will never handle it in 1 week if they do it the first time.

Also shipping in 48h is also very unrealistic this is only possible with DHL Express and also some countries will take longer. For example shipping from Germany to US costs 200€ with DHL Express for an 2Kg package.

Maybe I am wrong but this is my experience for this topic.
I think you are right, there will definitely be more delays on the way.

Back