GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Pachalski Just to be clear that I'm not overlooking a massive deal breaker here, can you confirm that this case should have no problem fitting any AMD graphics cards as long as they are within the dimensions allowed by the case? That's such a silly question to ask it seems but nobody on this whole forum or on your website seems to have mentioned AMD GPU compatibility.
It is a bit silly, because AMD cards come in all sizes, just like nvidia cards. Some will be compatible, some won't.

Yeah it was a dumb question, just looking at the dimensions should have told me that but I'm new and wanted to double check. It should have been pretty obvious a card like the reference vega would fit while the Sapphire one won't. my b

you have a type on that page:

NOTE: This is a pledge reward for backers who did now catch the Kickstarter campaign. Backing the project and receiving this reward is not legally buying a product as such. Refer to the "Refund terms and conditions" for more information.

you have a type on that page:

NOTE: This is a pledge reward for backers who did now catch the Kickstarter campaign. Backing the project and receiving this reward is not legally buying a product as such. Refer to the "Refund terms and conditions" for more information.

Ah, the irony...! ;^p

What colors we ordering boys? That arctic white is so clean but I just can't pay anymore $$$!!!! I went with the Limestone.

thoughts on the new Silverstone SX-500/650-G psu? There's no zero rpm mode like on the corsair for low/medium loads.
I am personally waiting for the EVGA SFX-L line. Kind of wish Silverstone made a SX-550 instead of a SX-500. SF450/600 is still the clear SFX psu performance winner performing very close if not better than most regular sized ATX psus. What really hurts the SF-series are their terrible, stiff cables, which is why I am hoping that the EVGA SFX-L psu has much better cables.

It would be nice to see in-depth noise comparisons inside really small custom SFF cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ftt
like this
Waiting for the white vefore deciding...

If it looks good i ll go white + wood top
Are they going to show pictures of the white before the sale is over? Since I'm keeping this case for probably the next 10ish years I could justify spending more now to get the better color if it looks that good. If it does I wonder if they'd let me "cancel" my pledge and re-order a an arctic white or just charge me the difference.... I probably should have asked first...

Are they going to show pictures of the white before the sale is over? Since I'm keeping this case for probably the next 10ish years I could justify spending more now to get the better color if it looks that good. If it does I wonder if they'd let me "cancel" my pledge and re-order a an arctic white or just charge me the difference.... I probably should have asked first...
for the backers they said so, not sure if for the slaker bakers it will be the same as they have a number of cases for each colours.

Just had the thought that if this case had solid windowed panels, you could do one large tophat on the bottom + one large tophat on the top and have dual 240mm AIOs and bottom-to-top airflow with neutral pressure. You'd only need dual 120mm dust filters on the bottom. You could use dual Kraken X52s with the Kraken G12 GPU bracket, so both sides of the case would have the same block and RGB look. You could use Silverstone's 800W Titanium PSU which stays passive until 140W and won't be too loud under load even without direct intake. And you could use Noctua fans because they won't be visible. Total volume 13.6L (but with a small footprint) for a very silent build, even if you go with an i9 and a 1080 Ti. Roughly the volume of the Corsair One, except it has 4 fans instead of 1, dust filtration, much easier access to components, and windows. All we need is the windowed panels to make this dream a reality.

Last edited:

We are testing two different anodization methods for the white case, alkaline anodization, and micro plasma oxidation. Both give a very exclusive look and probably like nothing you have seen. The second one is less established and significantly more expensive. Either way we are developing samples with both treatments and will properly show you the full results. We could show you small sample plates of the two if you want but I'm afraid they won't say much.

Just had the thought that if this case had solid windowed panels, you could do one large tophat on the bottom + one large tophat on the top and have dual 240mm AIOs and bottom-to-top airflow with neutral pressure. You'd only need dual 120mm dust filters on the bottom. You could use dual Kraken X52s with the Kraken G12 GPU bracket, so both sides of the case would have the same block and RGB look. You could use Silverstone's 800W Titanium PSU which stays passive until 140W and won't be too loud under load even without direct intake. And you could use Noctua fans because they won't be visible. Total volume 13.6L (but with a small footprint) for a very silent build, even if you go with an i9 and a 1080 Ti. Roughly the volume of the Corsair One, except it has 4 fans instead of 1, dust filtration, much easier access to components, and windows. All we need is the windowed panels to make this dream a reality.

They are comming! We have made a preliminary prioritization of the add-ons and this is it:
All slackers that were invited yesterday have gotten the chance to add their votes to the add-on prioritization excessive.

Currently it is looking like this:

Righ away, we are executing:
- Dust filter kit
- OI TopHat gable + PCB
- Custom loop pump bracket + reservoir
- A variation of grills, colors and meterials

Next in line:
- Glass side panels
- Carrying case

Add-on-prio.PNG

They are comming! We have made a preliminary prioritization of the add-ons and this is it:
All slackers that were invited yesterday have gotten the chance to add their votes to the add-on prioritization excessive.

- Dust filter kit
- OI TopHat gable + PCB
Are any of these targeted for release with the case in April/May? I am interested in the IO tophat, but having to pay for international shipping twice would be a big deterrent.

Thanks for answering all these high-expectations questions! I cannot wait to build in this case.

We are testing two different anodization methods for the white case, alkaline anodization, and micro plasma oxidation. Both give a very exclusive look and probably like nothing you have seen. The second one is less established and significantly more expensive. Either way we are developing samples with both treatments and will properly show you the full results. We could show you small sample plates of the two if you want but I'm afraid they won't say much.

Whoa I had no idea you guys were going that hard. I'm really excited to see it but I think I will wait to see your finished product. You're right, seeing samples of something like that and not the finished versions probably won't do it justice. I look forward to the big reveal :). By the way, thank you so much for all the hard work you guys have been doing and making this all possible. Especially extending the sale to slacker backers like me. If these case are everything we hope (which I'm sure they will be), you've guys will have earned a proud customer for life.

If we have a tophat included in our package, can we opt-out of the tophat and put the money towards the additional cost of the white coating?

Are any of these targeted for release with the case in April/May? I am interested in the IO tophat, but having to pay for international shipping twice would be a big deterrent.

Thanks for answering all these high-expectations questions! I cannot wait to build in this case.
We will do everything in our power to manage are resources well and have them ready in time for the delivery of the Ghost. IO is the toughest one but it showcases the molecularity best and is by far the most valuable one according to the community so it has high priority. Can't prommis anything though. We have started a cooperation with SIGMA connectivity recently after many months of persuasion now we only need to get Flextronics on our side, they have been trying to reach us but we simply haven't had the time to hear them out yet. in short it all looks very promising thanks to you and your support!

Reactions: Ftt
like this

- Dust filter kit
- OI TopHat gable + PCB

Next in line:
- Glass side panels
- Carrying case

Every one of these bullet points gave me nerd chills haha. I think this is the most exciting SFF project since the M1. Keep up the good work, I can't wait!

My motherboard has an integrated headphone amp that only works with the front audio, so I need a case with front audio out. It's also much better to have the cable coming out the front of the case than the back where it will be at an awkward angle and you'd always have to look for the right jack to plug it in. Not to mention, if you yank the cable accidentally, it's much better if can come right out vs. damaging the connector and the jack. I frankly don't care that much about USB ports because I hardly use them and it's not too hard to use the rear ones, but the front audio and mic are very handy. My question is, will there be a large top hat + front I/O that can still support a rad + 25mm fans?

Do you use the ASUS Strix itx board? I’m debating getting that board but I already have an amp on my desk so idk if I’d be wasting my money. Also, I wonder if having the amp (or is it actually a better DAC and I’m just getting confused?) would somehow mess with the audio as I run it through the one on my desk. Also perhaps you’ll be able to just put the io tophat on the bottom.

No, it's the Asus X99E-ITX/ac. I agree that an external DAC is a good option, but frankly the point of SFF is to reduce the size and footprint of your PC. When you start running things externally, that somewhat defeats the purpose. Also, my board's amp is decent and it drives my midrange Sennheisers, so I really don't need anything better. It's also much more convenient to plug in a mic at the front. It's one of the reasons I haven't gone smaller than the M1 yet, because I do need my front audio.

Actually, I just looked at the add-on PDF for the Ghost S1 and the I/O tophat doesn't seem to include audio jacks, which is a bummer... :( And it's not the large tophat either. So the dual 240 AIO dream may not be realized for me unless I wanna go external audio :(

I'm surprised that people want IO top hat so much, I don't think people will put their money where their mouth is though.
Dust filters would be the most important then pump bracket + res. :)

1. For me it's Sidepanels with glas and hope same design as Dan A4 with distance to get in bigger Aircoolers as new Noctua L12S.

2. Colors on grills for a unified unit instead of black top.

3. Dust filters

4. Custom reservoar and mounting bracket for later use not in the begining

I want that custom reservoir and Mount bracket AS fast AS possible man! My WC build needs this case badly :)

No, it's the Asus X99E-ITX/ac. I agree that an external DAC is a good option, but frankly the point of SFF is to reduce the size and footprint of your PC. When you start running things externally, that somewhat defeats the purpose. Also, my board's amp is decent and it drives my midrange Sennheisers, so I really don't need anything better. It's also much more convenient to plug in a mic at the front. It's one of the reasons I haven't gone smaller than the M1 yet, because I do need my front audio.

Actually, I just looked at the add-on PDF for the Ghost S1 and the I/O tophat doesn't seem to include audio jacks, which is a bummer... :( And it's not the large tophat either. So the dual 240 AIO dream may not be realized for me unless I wanna go external audio :(

I'm rocking a tiny HifiMan EF2A and its very small so it doesn't ruin the point in this case. If I had one of those big external dac/amp combo's I completely agree though.

We have gotten Noctua involved in this project. So far we have arrived at the following:
  • Big YES for a special LOUQE edition of the L12 for you, still unclear if LOUQE will need to take any stock, does not sound like it
  • They will have it ready in time for shipping of the Ghost
  • Special LOUQE edition will include upgraded mounting, supporting all current sockets
  • Special LOUQE edition will exclude top fan
  • A9 PWM is not suitable for static pull configuration, engineers strongly advise against it due to nasty turbulence noises - stick to the original 92mm fan.
  • Noctua wants to do more for you, there is no stress, we have a couple of weeks to investigate if we can create more value somehow, bundling with low profile case fans or a 25x120 fan suited for bottom position underneath the PSU. Whatever you might think of say it and we will look into the community’s consensus suggestions.

We have gotten Noctua involved in this project. So far we have arrived at the following:
  • Big YES for a special LOUQE edition of the L12 for you, still unclear if LOUQE will need to take any stock, does not sound like it
  • They will have it ready in time for shipping of the Ghost
  • Special LOUQE edition will include upgraded mounting, supporting all current sockets
  • Special LOUQE edition will exclude top fan
  • A9 PWM is not suitable for static pull configuration, engineers strongly advise against it due to nasty turbulence noises - stick to the original 92mm fan.
  • Noctua wants to do more for you, there is no stress, we have a couple of weeks to investigate if we can create more value somehow, bundling with low profile case fans or a 25x120 fan suited for bottom position underneath the PSU. Whatever you might think of say it and we will look into the community’s consensus suggestions.
This is brilliant.... Apart from having recently bought a new L12 planned to be used. Guess I can sell it on and get a Louqe edition.

This is amazing news.

How will the Louqe L12 differ from the regular (now discontinued) L12, except for the omission of the top fan? I thought the L12 already supported all sockets.

This is amazing news.

How will the Louqe L12 differ from the regular (now discontinued) L12, except for the omission of the top fan? I thought the L12 already supported all sockets.
It's basically up to us to ask for more, they want to help in any way they can. But we can not make changes to the tooling, meaning all the metal components will be constant.

Full copper? Do they have any stats on how a full copper vs regular L12 performs vs the cost?

This is amazing news.

The L12 by defaults doesn't support the AMD socket AM4, it requires a compatibility kit (free with proof of purchase of the L12 + an AM4 CPU or motherboard). Hopefully the Ghost L12 will come with built-in support for AM4.

The L12 by defaults doesn't support the AMD socket AM4, it requires a compatibility kit (free with proof of purchase of the L12 + an AM4 CPU or motherboard). Hopefully the Ghost L12 will come with built-in support for AM4.

It will have the upgraded mounting, “secufix2” I believe it’s called.

Full copper? Do they have any stats on how a full copper vs regular L12 performs vs the cost?

We have described our graphene project to them and invited them to join us on this, We are getting the results back from the verification program that has been going on for the last months in just over a week from now. If it proves to work we are looking at a material that is 3 times as efficient as copper,1/3 the weight of aluminium and stronger than both.

We have described our graphene project to them and invited them to join us on this, We are getting the results back from the verification program that has been going on for the last months in just over a week from now. If it proves to work we are looking at a material that is 3 times as efficient as copper,1/3 the weight of aluminium and stronger than both.

I just assumed since they wouldn't change tooling for the L12 it had to stay metal. But if what you say could happen that would be even better!

May the Force be with you.

Back